Just spotted this on Gumtree.

Blackberry Onyx Pre Release Paddington Blackberry for sale

Have fun.
    08-03-09 08:55 PM
    From what I remember reading (feel free to correct me here), that the Onyx now uses a trackpad and not the ball, and newer OS builds won't work the the ball and thats what the model above has. So that phone could essentially be useless.
    08-03-09 09:20 PM
    Or extra unique maybe...
    08-04-09 12:04 AM
    From what I remember reading (feel free to correct me here), that the Onyx now uses a trackpad and not the ball, and newer OS builds won't work the the ball and thats what the model above has. So that phone could essentially be useless.
    This is true useless and a waste of money....
    08-04-09 01:33 AM

yup ur correct.
    08-04-09 02:10 AM
    Either way I don't see a picture of it on the above link. The pic is a black screen with the bb emblem?
    08-04-09 07:41 AM
    This is true useless and a waste of money....
    yup ur correct.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but did the same thing not happen before the 8900 came out (the trackpad talk) or was that the atomic trackball.

Either way, there's been nothing concrete about trackpad / trackball or not so fair play to anyone taking their chances - could become a collectors item lol
    Last edited by grunty; 08-04-09 at 07:51 PM.
    08-04-09 07:47 PM
    And would the pin even be active?
    08-04-09 08:05 PM
    All these pre-release sales sound dodgy. Avoid
    08-08-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD