05-28-09 09:24 AM
35 12
tools
    You're basically talking about the Bold. But in regards to what you said, it doesn't make much business sense. One device with absolutely everything means there's no need for any other devices, which means less money. Not a great strategy.
    I am not talking about "business sense", lots of people use BlackBerries who would be ok with most any other phone. There a status symbol now, and have grown more popular. I know people use them to get work done, and that's fine. They are great messaging devices.

That will still not quench my desire for the perfect BlackBerry.
    05-25-09 07:59 PM
    All I can say is WOW!!! I really loved this discourse. forumsid987 I think you bought up some very good points. Crucial_Xtreme, breaking down his posts down like that was kinda like trying to "put him in his place," but you too made some good points. Just my opinion. All in all, everyone stood by their opinion, with SOME give and take. It did not degenerate into a flame war, and was quite informative. I loved it. Thanks guys.
    05-26-09 04:59 PM
    Sorry, but going to have to disagree here. People are ALWAYS going to have different preferences regarding small aspects of a product. Some will want a bigger one, some a smaller one, etc. The best business strategy is to put together the best product possible and let people decide what they want it terms of the aesthetics. You could have 5 models of a phone (small, medium, large, flip, touch) which are all basically the same except for a few physical differences and sell millions of units. It is never a good business strategy to make a less capable device and a more capable device just because you might be able to sell more units because some customer might be turned off by the inferior product and cease buying your products in the future.
    No this isn't correct and you're completely forgetting part of RIM's largest client base. Corporate America. There are millions of BlackBerry users that have their device supplied to them by their company. These companies could care less what features the device has, so long as they get the hardware at a good price, it's compatible with their needs and offers good security. They're surely not going to go out and buy all of their employees the best and most expensive BlackBerry on the market.
    Furthermore, not all customers are concerned with having everything in one device. They have GPS in their car, so having a smartphone with it isn't necessary. Some could care less about Wifi. Etc etc etc.
    That is why a manufacturer makes different products with different features with different price points because not everyone is the same, and not everyone wants to spend $400 to $500 dollars on a phone.

It's funny. Back when there was only the 88xx, 81xx, and 83xx's, all everyone said was we need some new BlackBerry models. Now they're here, or close and it's too many....
    Each device that is coming out is an evolution of a device line and serves it's purpose. They're surely not being made because the carriers said they only want one or two BlackBerry's to sell. Quite the opposite.
    05-26-09 05:42 PM
    All I can say is WOW!!! I really loved this discourse. forumsid987 I think you bought up some very good points. Crucial_Xtreme, breaking down his posts down like that was kinda like trying to "put him in his place," but you too made some good points. Just my opinion. All in all, everyone stood by their opinion, with SOME give and take. It did not degenerate into a flame war, and was quite informative. I loved it. Thanks guys.
    That's the wonderful part about this place. You can have intelligent discussion, and it doesn't have to turn into a flame war.
    05-26-09 05:43 PM
    Looks like the Op got the ban Boot, unless I'm reading it wrong.
    05-26-09 06:34 PM
    Is there any reason a BB like the Onyx can't come to Verizon in CDMA form? I mean this thing craps all over the Tour apparently.
    05-26-09 07:24 PM
    I wish that RIM would get an official OS for my storm that fixes it before they come out with a new version of my current phone! I'm so sick of my storm rebooting and freezing! But instead of fixing what they have already sold me, they are making a newer version of it??? Do I get to trade mine in for the new version when it's released? No.
    05-26-09 08:17 PM
    When the Onyx comes out I'm jumping off the verizon boat!
    05-26-09 08:20 PM
    I think all the phones target diffrent users for diffrent things, i dont think at all that there product list is to much
    05-27-09 12:37 PM
    I wish that RIM would get an official OS for my storm that fixes it before they come out with a new version of my current phone! I'm so sick of my storm rebooting and freezing! But instead of fixing what they have already sold me, they are making a newer version of it??? Do I get to trade mine in for the new version when it's released? No.
    RIM develops the OS. VZW has to claim it as official. And I have heard that .148 is pretty solid, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 09:24 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD