Am I the only one that thinks RIM is filled with a bunch of ******* for having so many different blackberries right now?

All they should have is 3 phones, MAX!

1) All touchscreen
    2) Bold Sized Phone
    3) Curve Sized Phone

Keep things simple RIM, you guys are ********!! You are making so many OSes for all these different models for no freaking reason. You are just pissing away $$ on R&D for nothing!

If you used your money wisely you could create those 3 phones all with wifi, 3g and the high end processors. You could go a lil lower end on the screen and processor with the curve sized phone but everything else could be present and you could create identical CDMA and GSM versions.

These monkeys need to learn to streamline things. They are wasting all this money on garbage stuff when they should be working on their browser and apps. You guys aren't going to win by making 8 different models and trying to support them all you *****.

Good day.
    05-24-09 04:33 PM
    Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 04:35 PM
    If you were to post grown up objective discussion topics rather than what you just did you may get some actual feedback.
    05-24-09 04:40 PM
    The discussion is simple - wtf is wrong with RIM? Or, yea that's a good point forums.

I mean come on, what is someone goign to say? the price point of the lower end devices?? Rim could take a mid price point stance and sell wayyy more devices and spend wayyyy less on R&D with this type of product line up.

ohhh are you going to tell me it's because not all carriers want to have wifi/or 3g? Rim could just disable it. WAY easier than making a whole new freaking device.

There is no excuse for having all these devices, whatsoever.

"ohhh cause not everyone wants an optical trackpad"

That's fine - that's not a new device - they can still sell a bold sized device w/and w/out a camera, w/and w/out a optical trackpad"

but either way - they should only need 2 OSes. One touchscreen oriented and another that's not.

Sure they have to modify the network stacks for GSM vs. CDMA but that's nothing like the ridiculous amount that they're going through messing with so many devices with so many garbage operating systems.

All their pre-release devices have DIFFERENT OS issues. Don't you find that stupid? Fine if they have issues, but they should all be the same - but they're developing things differently on their devices which is just MORONIC.

WAKE UP RIM.

Oh yea, and just a little side note to RIM - wtf is OS 5.0? What did you guys do that's so special that warrants this sort of updated version number?

Does your calendar look different? Does my email look different? Do i have true threaded text messages? Did you put in a real browser so I don't have to use opera? rim is just moronic.
    05-24-09 05:55 PM
    Variation is a good thing. I'm glad they're coming out with all these different models. I'm not glad at the fact of choosing which ones I want to buy.
    05-24-09 05:57 PM
    No one wants to entertain argumentative and sarcastic posts and name calling. THAT'S the point. You'll be banned soon. Goodbye.
    05-24-09 06:04 PM
    No one wants to entertain argumentative and sarcastic posts and name calling. THAT'S the point. You'll be banned soon. Goodbye.
    overeact much?
    if you dont like his tone dont read the thread he started and dont respond in it
    05-24-09 06:10 PM
    overeact much?
    if you dont like his tone dont read the thread he started and dont respond in it
    thank you giantfan

goodbye phxblue.

See here I am simply stating how RIM is making tons of mistakes here with their R&D $ and product and OS releases. What is it that you've contributed to this thread? This could very well turn into a discussion - with people like

Variation is a good thing. I'm glad they're coming out with all these different models. I'm not glad at the fact of choosing which ones I want to buy.
    but what savio is missing is that having different models to choose from isn't helpful if they're all basically the same and if they all lack something.

the point i'm making is - if RIM were to streamline, EVERYONE WOULD WIN.

They would save $ and we would get a better device. WAWHOO!!

Savio- you have trouble choosing because each device is missing something that another device has. This is because RIM is ******** in their R&D. It would be an easy and happy choice having to choose between a bold sized and a curve sized device that contained all the features you wanted if you're looking for something with a physical keyboard...rather than thinking about the bold, the curve the 8500, the 8900, the 9630, the onyx, the whatever the heck else they have, ETC. cause each one of those lacks something.
    05-24-09 06:20 PM
    I agree with some forumsid987's points. I really don't know why RIM always make a whole bunch of "look alike" devices. They just change a bit of design and flip flop the functions between their old and new devices. There is absolutely no "revolution" come from their new phone. I am really disappointed !!!

Since the day I bought my first BB phone - the 8830, I have used a lot of BB phones and currently use the Bold. I really love Blackberry, but I am still waiting for a real "revolution" from RIM.
    05-24-09 07:33 PM
    I don't mind paying 600 for a good fast phone (bold atm) as I use it a lot. However other people use there phone way less and don't need that much power nor can they justify the price point of the higher end devices. having only 3 phones would be very limiting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 01:24 AM
    i agree, there are way too many variations of the same devices out with special exclusives for each carrier!

There should be an allcarrier touch screen, a bold, a curve, and a pearl type device! Improve on them and leave it at that. Its getting rediculuos. A blackberry is starting to become a dime a dozen and not a "specialty" item anymore. PPl arent even going to know whats new anymore when u see someone with a device
    05-25-09 01:35 AM
    I agree with this as well. The Bold, Tour, and Curve are damn near identical at a glance. It's only when you really look at the keyboard or the screen to tell them apart.
    05-25-09 07:08 AM
    Am I the only one that thinks RIM is filled with a bunch of ******* for having so many different blackberries right now?

1) All touchscreen
    2) Bold Sized Phone
    3) Curve Sized Phone

Keep things simple RIM, you guys are ********!! You are making so many OSes for all these different models for no freaking reason. You are just pissing away $$ on R&D for nothing!

If you used your money wisely you could create those 3 phones all with wifi, 3g and the high end processors. You could go a lil lower end on the screen and processor with the curve sized phone but everything else could be present and you could create identical CDMA and GSM versions.

These monkeys need to learn to streamline things. They are wasting all this money on garbage stuff when they should be working on their browser and apps. You guys aren't going to win by making 8 different models and trying to support them all you *****.

Good day.
    The discussion is simple - wtf is wrong with RIM? Or, yea that's a good point forums.
    Agreed, that's what forums are for.

I mean come on, what is someone goign to say? the price point of the lower end devices?? Rim could take a mid price point stance and sell wayyy more devices and spend wayyyy less on R&D with this type of product line up.
    So it's ok for other manufacturers to make lots of different devices, but not RIM??

ohhh are you going to tell me it's because not all carriers want to have wifi/or 3g? Rim could just disable it. WAY easier than making a whole new freaking device.
    Consider the amount of carriers RIM deals with and their customers, it actually does make sense.

There is no excuse for having all these devices, whatsoever.
    Again, ok for others, but not RIM. I would love for you to post all of the devices you're speaking of, and we'll discuss them one by one, and see where they fit in.

"ohhh cause not everyone wants an optical trackpad"
    Not all devices will have a TP.

That's fine - that's not a new device - they can still sell a bold sized device w/and w/out a camera, w/and w/out a optical trackpad"
    You're talking about 4 separate device configurations. And you were just complaining about all the devices.

but either way - they should only need 2 OSes. One touchscreen oriented and another that's not.
    What makes you so sure when the next evo of devices release, this won't be the case?

Sure they have to modify the network stacks for GSM vs. CDMA but that's nothing like the ridiculous amount that they're going through messing with so many devices with so many garbage operating systems.
    Again, you show your lack of knowledge on this subject with regards to the devices themselves and their OS.

All their pre-release devices have DIFFERENT OS issues. Don't you find that stupid? Fine if they have issues, but they should all be the same - but they're developing things differently on their devices which is just MORONIC.
    Do you have any proof of this? If so, I'd like to see it. Otherwise it comes down to cluelessness.

WAKE UP RIM.

Oh yea, and just a little side note to RIM - wtf is OS 5.0? What did you guys do that's so special that warrants this sort of updated version number?
    This is just you rambling and ranting. Plenty was changed with the new version all while trying to reach one goal.

Does your calendar look different? Does my email look different? Do i have true threaded text messages? Did you put in a real browser so I don't have to use opera? rim is just moronic.
    Are you really concerned with the look of your calendar? Does it need to be pretty? When SMS'ing and you pull up the most recent msg, if you scroll down, you will see al mags sent and received between you and that person. Does it have to look like Palms OS? Also, there is BBM which has the type of threaded msgs you like. Sounds to me like you don't really need a BlackBerry. Sounds like you need a laptop or maybe an Iphone. The BlackBerry is a business device with the best email push technology on the market. Obviously, it's a phone first. Doesn't you BlackBerry make calls? Next it was made for you to stay in contact with others, via email and other kinds of messaging through BES & BIS.
    Point is, it's made to be a phone and keep you in touch with others. All while providing other things(apps, browser, etc) SECONDARY. The prime focus of the BlackBerry isn't to have a browser like a laptop. If you need a total media driven phone with browser, get an Iphone. The BlackBerry does what it does, and does it well. All while providing other secondary things people need while on the go. Considering these things are paramount, they will gradually get better with time. Just look at the 8707's browser and look at the 9630's. Big difference. Huge.
    Seems to me like you're just looking for a reason to rant. Why complain about the native browser when there are 3rd party ones that get the job done if the native doesn't suit your fancy? Again, the BlackBerry wasn't sold to you as the best browser having mobile device on the market.
    Again, it does what it's supposed to do, and does it well. RIM is currently working on the other things people want on their mobile devices but people get too caught up in other things that are additions to the Platform.
    The Iphone is marketed as the app machine, best browser around. Not for it's wonderful push technology, of which it doesn't have. Nor can it even run apps in the background. That's neither here nor there, but that's what it's marketed as. The BlackBerry isn't.
    05-25-09 07:50 AM
    I also have been struggling with this recently as I am beginning to wonder why there are so many that are so alike. I'm not here to get into if it is RIM or the carrier or both that are restricting certain features but the "no wifi" thing does not make any sense. If the Tour is supposed to be CDMA's bold variant, why did they leave out wifi. Look at all the top phones made by other manufacturers iphone, HTC touch pro, pre... they all have wifi and all have CDMA versions except the iphone. Seriously! The Tour without wifi is like a 2009 infinity without cruise control. Why can't we all have the one device that has all the features we want without having to change carriers? If the issue is cost then they should charge accordingly like ATT does with the bold
    05-25-09 08:24 AM
    RIM is here to make money.... they stop making "new" phones and they stop making money
    we are all like sheep running around getting excited about whatever "new" device is coming out and that is good for RIM and their bottom line
    my only beef with RIM is the same old same old they keep recycling and trying to pass as some "new" device....how about 1Gb of flash memory? a 1Ghz processor? right now slapping a 3.2 Mp camera and 256Mb of flash memory on internals you have laying around aint really impressive
    a new paint job and new tires on the gremlin in your garage doesnt make it a better car
    05-25-09 08:43 AM

1) All touchscreen
    2) Bold Sized Phone
    3) Curve Sized Phone

Good day.
    It's one thing to show your lack of business skills, and it's quite another to show your inability to communicate without unnecessarily ridiculing the other side. In your post, you have managed to do both.
    05-25-09 09:31 AM
    There are a lot of Devices for sure.
    Maybe RiMs trying to compensate sth. The fact that they're not really researching is maybe mirrored in the number of devices.

But the Hands-On of the Onyx makes me wanna feel optimistic.
    05-25-09 11:29 AM
    It is weird that they are creating so many devices. If that's what it takes for them to finally hit the home run device then more power to em.
    05-25-09 02:08 PM
    Onyx (in my eyes) is near to that.

It looks like a great device. Sleek and Sexy. Even with Rubber.
    05-25-09 03:48 PM
    I'm not sure why all of the sudden people have a problem with multiple products. Back when there was just the 81xx's, 83xx's, and 88xx's, people only wanted new devices, new devices. Now there are multiple devices in the pipeline and it's too many.
    Different carriers have different needs and lots of different customers out there. Having multiple devices is the norm. Nobody complains about other manufacturers having multiple devices on the market, I don't see why RIM should be different.
    05-25-09 04:01 PM
    I'm not sure why all of the sudden people have a problem with multiple products. Back when there was just the 81xx's, 83xx's, and 88xx's, people only wanted new devices, new devices. Now there are multiple devices in the pipeline and it's too many.
    Different carriers have different needs and lots of different customers out there. Having multiple devices is the norm. Nobody complains about other manufacturers having multiple devices on the market, I don't see why RIM should be different.
    Yup. I have no problem with multiple devices. This just gives consumers more options and devices they might actually want.
    05-25-09 04:14 PM
    I think some just want one device that encompasses the best of all there designs and features.

I love the clean look and optical track pad of the 8520, the high rez screen and keyboard on the Tour, the beveled edges on the Onyx, and the touch screen on the Storm...I know I know...Wifi!!!

My ultimate BlackBerry would combine all of the best features across all there models.
    05-25-09 06:20 PM
    I think some just want one device that encompasses the best of all there designs and features.

I love the clean look and optical track pad of the 8520, the high rez screen and keyboard on the Tour, the beveled edges on the Onyx, and the touch screen on the Storm...I know I know...Wifi!!!

My ultimate BlackBerry would combine all of the best features across all there models.
    You're basically talking about the Bold. But in regards to what you said, it doesn't make much business sense. One device with absolutely everything means there's no need for any other devices, which means less money. Not a great strategy.
    05-25-09 06:44 PM
    First I would like to point out that I am not an expert in this subject, I have no business training and not that well adverse in the mobile technology market.

So, lets look at each model
    previous gen we have:
    88xx, curve 83xx, pearl 81xx (GSM and CDMA versions)

Current gen:
    82xx pearl (GSM, CDMA)
    8900 curve (GSM)
    9000 Bold (GSM)
    95xx Storm (GSM, CDMA)

Taking away radio technology, we have 3 previous designs and 4 current. Within those designs we have different varieties (eg pearl 8100, 8110, 8120 for GSM based devices) and I'm not 100% sure but I think your ranting may be here. Why are there so many models of the same design (the pearl for example)?

Well the answer may be due to the business relationship RIM has with particular carriers. Eg, Verizon may tell RIM not to inlude wifi to increase data sales, and on the other hand T-mobile may say we need a wifi unit for our VOIP type service. Here we have 2 carriers, 2 devices based on carriers specific "request". Again, I don't know if this is 100% true, just a theory.

I am pretty sure RIM knows what it is doing, it is a biollion dollar company after all, and its sales continue to rise.
    05-25-09 07:14 PM
    You're basically talking about the Bold. But in regards to what you said, it doesn't make much business sense. One device with absolutely everything means there's no need for any other devices, which means less money. Not a great strategy.
    Sorry, but going to have to disagree here. People are ALWAYS going to have different preferences regarding small aspects of a product. Some will want a bigger one, some a smaller one, etc. The best business strategy is to put together the best product possible and let people decide what they want it terms of the aesthetics. You could have 5 models of a phone (small, medium, large, flip, touch) which are all basically the same except for a few physical differences and sell millions of units. It is never a good business strategy to make a less capable device and a more capable device just because you might be able to sell more units because some customer might be turned off by the inferior product and cease buying your products in the future.
    05-25-09 07:41 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD