What about Asia? I already have a bold for Hong Kong but I need one for China.
    09-01-09 03:34 AM
    which one gets first at&t or rogers?
    and in this sept or nov?

time to change bold >>>onyx
    09-01-09 01:15 PM
    which one gets first at&t or rogers?
    and in this sept or nov?

time to change bold >>>onyx
    My best guess will be that Rogers gets it ahead of the US release...
    09-01-09 05:47 PM
    i just listened to the CB Podcast 040 and kevin was reading an email from MR X and it says that Bell will maybe get the 9700 before rogers!?!?!

WTF! if that happens i will be so upset!! they had the crappiest phones in LIFE! and now they go HSPA they get the 9700 before rogers? damn! : <

bitter! i hate BELL (****)
    09-03-09 09:36 AM
    Yes that would suck if it came out on CDMA first
    09-03-09 10:17 AM
    not CDMA.. Bell and telus are going HSPA.. so 3G..
    09-03-09 10:51 AM

this IS NOT A CDMA PHONE!

It IS A GSM PHONE

Hope that clears up who will be getting it fisrt for ya
    09-03-09 10:54 AM
    no need to worry.. CDMA will not get onyx Hello at&t
    09-03-09 10:58 AM
    this IS NOT A CDMA PHONE!

It IS A GSM PHONE

Hope that clears up who will be getting it fisrt for ya
    no need to worry.. CDMA will not get onyx Hello at&t
    yah it's a GSM phone but BELL who is a CDMA carrier is launching their HSPA network soon.. so it can run GSM phones on their network..

but either way Canada will get it before at&t or tmobile usa ; >
    09-03-09 11:53 AM
    I will probably buy it with whoever gets it first... Bell, Rogers, Wind, Telus... whoever. I've had a BlackBerry with Bell before and I can't say their service was anything special.
    09-03-09 12:48 PM
    somebody said in a different thread that they talked to several Bell reps and heard that indeed Bell will be getting the Onyx and that it was supposed to arrive early September but has now been pushed to an undetermined date. If this is the case I don't care who has it first even if I don't have a contract with those a**holes Bell anymore, I'm purchasing a phone from them. I almost cried of joy when my contract was up. I just wish I hadn't lost my Bell rep's e-mail, he probably would've given me a deal on a phone
    09-03-09 01:48 PM
    ...quoted from another post...

just met with our Rogers rep yesterday to discuss plans/features/pricing
    -Big Blue made an offer that is going to make Rogers really have to work to keep us
    Our rep, and their manager, confirmed that Rogers will be getting the 9700 in November. no exact date was given, but just thought I'd share.
    -I asked them about BB 9520 or a similar device and their response was that Rogers is not "interested" in carrying a touch screen BB. I found this very odd.
    They also confirmed they will be getting the 8520 - mid October.

On a side note, I am very frustrated currently with Rogers. They don't seem to be trying very hard to keep our business.
    we have 66 corporate BB lines, all running on our BES.
    you can imagine our monthly service fee. Think Red would want to try and keep us.
    So does this mean that AT&T probably won't get it till DECEMBER!?!?!?
    09-04-09 09:20 AM
    With the temporary pullback of OS .297 for Bold 9000, this is another reason that IT/developers and accountants should run the world to maximize benefits for the consumer and profits for AT&T and RIM. If the Bold 9700 is released on Black Friday or Christmas 2009, I will definitely hold back at least 4-6 months to let all the "bugs" that did not show in field testing be resolved. It is in the best interests to market a thoroughly tested device and OS than an early release with the opportunity cost pressure in the rush for short-term profits. I would rather the Bold 9700 be released in 2010 Q1.
    09-05-09 11:52 AM
    I have an upgrade 12/30/09. Can't wait. Unless Nokia releases the N900 on AT&T 3G frequencies.
    09-05-09 12:14 PM
    No offense...BB versus Nokia...I would have to stick with BB. I have had both and would never go back. That's like going back to 8 track tapes from CD's. Maybe that's a little harsh but you get the point. Hold on to your Bold 9000 until the Bold 9700 is released.
    09-05-09 12:55 PM
    With the temporary pullback of OS .297 for Bold 9000, this is another reason that IT/developers and accountants should run the world to maximize benefits for the consumer and profits for AT&T and RIM. If the Bold 9700 is released on Black Friday or Christmas 2009, I will definitely hold back at least 4-6 months to let all the "bugs" that did not show in field testing be resolved. It is in the best interests to market a thoroughly tested device and OS than an early release with the opportunity cost pressure in the rush for short-term profits. I would rather the Bold 9700 be released in 2010 Q1.
    IF the Bold9700 does have a few bugs on release, won't a software upgrade fix the problem?

I can stand the wait (barely), but it's the not knowing the release date that is killing me. I hate not knowing.
    09-05-09 05:53 PM
    The main reason for the pullback was that there are some that think we should test a 5.x for Bold and others that say leave it be and focus on the 9700 and getting it right.

On the release date front I would say give it a few more days and we should have an update on if we see any deal breakers getting in the way...

PG
    09-05-09 06:55 PM
    UK launch "imminent" is what I've been told.
    09-05-09 09:25 PM
    I remember when laptops switched from trackballs to trackpads, I HATED it, but now I can't imagine going back.

I'll tell you this thou, I STILL miss the old RIM trackwheel.

EDIT: Some things work better than others. Anyone remember that red rubber thingie the IBM Thinkpad used to have for navigation? WHEW what a nightmare that was!
    My old Dell Inspiron XPS had a trackball. Someone decided to rid me of it when they broke into my house and stole it (among other things), and the new laptop I got (and this was January '07) has a trackpad and I HATE IT! I never EVER use it, I connected a standard old mouse and I use that. I'm hoping the Onyx has a trackball and not a track pad. That would be a dealbreaker for me.
    09-06-09 07:05 PM
    UK launch "imminent" is what I've been told.
    How "imminent" is imminent?!... you know, if you were to hazard a guess.
    09-06-09 07:30 PM
    You can't leave loyal AT&T customers on the hook. Release a patch to OS .297 and you will have far more happy customers willing to buy the Bold 9700 with a thoroughly tested device, OS and battery. Take as much time as marketing will allow to deploy the awesome device that we know the Bold 9700 is capable of being.
    09-06-09 08:01 PM
    I'm hoping for another November 4th release...
    09-06-09 08:03 PM
    There's an Onyx on Ebay. Starting bid $1400. It has T-mobile on it. I wonder if T-mobile is getting them first.....hmmmm...
    09-06-09 08:05 PM
    Given the rigorous testing process that AT&T has I would be shocked if TMO doesn't have it out first. This has been a race all along but I suspect TMO will have this out by early to mid October in the US.

PG
    09-06-09 08:17 PM
    That is true. I can see T-MO and Rogers getting them first, then AT&T.
    09-06-09 08:19 PM
372 ... 1112131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD