The latest updated release dates that have appeared in earlier threads are Dec 2009 and as late as Mar 2010. Any better information available?
    06-30-09 06:25 PM
    Best bet is October or November of this year. Also, Onyx is likely to have trackball and not trackpad. A hardware revision was recently issued due to problems, with the trackpad being one of them. The push is on and should see it in Oct or Nov.
    06-30-09 08:36 PM
    This is good to know as I've left the BB camp for the 3GS.
    06-30-09 09:51 PM
    Which wireless carrier is expected to carry the Onyx?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 05:43 AM
    Which wireless carrier is expected to carry the Onyx?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AT&T and T-Mobile, though T-Mobile's version code name is Driftwood.
    07-01-09 06:03 AM
    Best bet is October or November of this year. Also, Onyx is likely to have trackball and not trackpad. A hardware revision was recently issued due to problems, with the trackpad being one of them. The push is on and should see it in Oct or Nov.

Well that certainly breaks my heart. I wanted the track pad
    07-01-09 06:45 AM
    I'm sorry but no. I see your posts and know you have knowledge, but you are not close enough to the situation obviously. I stand by my post for now. A new HW revision was issued very recently and the trackpad is not included. Many problems. It may still release with one, but it doesn't look like it. You don't make HW changes like that this late in the game for nothing. I see that you are in agreement on the date though.
    07-01-09 10:50 AM
    Trackball or trackpad, I am good for either. My only BB, the 8703, only had the side scroll wheel, so both are new to me. I saw a video of the Nokia E72 with a trackpad-looking device. It seemed to look easy-to-use. Like going from a regular ball mouse to an optical mouse. Next they'll have laserpad technology.
    07-01-09 11:52 AM
    I'm sorry but no. I see your posts and know you have knowledge, but you are not close enough to the situation obviously. I stand by my post for now. A new HW revision was issued very recently and the trackpad is not included. Many problems. It may still release with one, but it doesn't look like it. You don't make HW changes like that this late in the game for nothing. I see that you are in agreement on the date though.
    I believe ya...
    And considering so few people here have used the trackpad it's funny that they all think it's the best choice... lol.
    07-01-09 12:52 PM
    Well imo the trackball looks better than the flat optical pad.
    Ofc speaking of a BB device. Maybe on other devices it's looking better.
    07-01-09 01:53 PM
    I remember when laptops switched from trackballs to trackpads, I HATED it, but now I can't imagine going back.

I'll tell you this thou, I STILL miss the old RIM trackwheel.

EDIT: Some things work better than others. Anyone remember that red rubber thingie the IBM Thinkpad used to have for navigation? WHEW what a nightmare that was!
    07-01-09 01:58 PM
    I remember when laptops switched from trackballs to trackpads, I HATED it, but now I can't imagine going back.

I'll tell you this thou, I STILL miss the old RIM trackwheel.
    +10,000,000
    07-01-09 02:00 PM
    My old Dell Inspiron 8100 had both the touch pad and pointing nub. That laptop had the best of both worlds. However, the older touch pads did not work very well. My current notebook, Clevo D901C has an amazing track pad and I would never go back to anything else.
    07-01-09 02:20 PM
    How can the Gemini/Atlas' trackpad work so well they're almost ready to go into retail production yet the Onyx's trackpad is full of issues?
    07-01-09 04:05 PM
    If it comes out Dec 09 it'll be my xmas gift to myself. If it's as late as march 10 it'll be my bday gift. Win-win!

lol
    07-01-09 05:31 PM
    i cant wait... im going to add another line just to get it, then pay the cancellation 2 months later
    07-01-09 08:15 PM
    This is good to know as I've left the BB camp for the 3GS.
    I truly thought you had more sense than that.
    07-01-09 10:18 PM
    I wouldn't bet on this year...

It hasn't even entered mass production yet. The tour was announced way earlier than the Onyx and it's only now just released. I would peg a Q1 2010 release at bet.
    07-02-09 03:55 AM
    And a user named Salamondrin has a new pre-build Onyx video up on youtube and its still got the trackball.
    07-02-09 03:56 AM
    I wouldn't bet on this year...

It hasn't even entered mass production yet. The tour was announced way earlier than the Onyx and it's only now just released. I would peg a Q1 2010 release at bet.
    Well that's my guess too.
    RiM is sitting on their BOLD / CURVE / TOUR success until next year.
    For the Canadians there's no reason to update for now.
    07-02-09 04:20 AM
    Unless your in need of a blackberry like me...

The only thing was getting hit by a 3 year contract from rogers... Though I did get customer retentions to bring the price down to 124.99 on a 3 year with 50 mail-in rebate and $150 off instant my first bill.

Not to mention I ended up getting a way better monthly plan.

My problem with waiting is, there's always something better around the corner.

If you wait for the Onyx, then the Magnum or Pluto will be just releasing around the corner. If you wait for them, then something else will release soon etc...

That's just life. Look at all those who bought the Iphone 3G only to have the 3G S release like a few months later. 3 iphones within 18 months...

But if you can and want to wait that's cool.
    07-02-09 04:36 AM
    What plan did you manage to negotiate with Rogers, Madness87, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    07-02-09 08:13 AM
    And a user named Salamondrin has a new pre-build Onyx video up on youtube and its still got the trackball.
    Is it new or just new in box?
    07-02-09 02:28 PM
    Is it new or just new in box?
    Still had the plastic on it.
    07-02-09 02:48 PM
    I know, but it could be unopened from say 4 months ago versus unopened having just been built within weeks. Although, I'm not sure who wouldn't want to open that thing if they had it. Haha.
    07-02-09 03:05 PM
372 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD