I'm afraid the picture in the eBay auction is the same one posted back on May 24th by Crackberry.com:

BlackBerry Bold 9700 Review | CrackBerry.com

Unless it's the phone used in the review, then they just stole an image of it from here.

What's confusing is why the Onyx would have had a T-Mobile logo on it 4 months ago? Hmm...
    09-06-09 08:48 PM
    I'm still up in the air about a track pad and a track ball Im a cop and often don't have the option to wash my hands as I would like of course I use hand sanitizer but that do t always do the job and I find that the ball gets gunked up sticks and stops working I wonder if the track pad if it works good would be better for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 08:57 PM
    Watch the video in the CB splash page. The trackpad is very responsive and is the next logical evolution. First the trackwheel then trackball then trackpad. Let's be adaptable and move forward. Embrace the trackpad.
    09-06-09 09:24 PM
    I know T-Mobile Retail Store reps are not "authoritative" when it comes to release dates, but while picking up a replacement 8900 battery, I asked the rep about the 9700. His response was, "I only know it is confirmed and to be released sometime in November". As always, take that with a grain of salt, but it does seem to confirm the other rumors of a November release -- maybe Black Friday.
    09-06-09 09:38 PM
    Spoke to a friend on the network side at TMO. He does some occasional device testing for them and he and I get together from time to time and "talk shop". That said I consider him a highly credible source....

Anyway bottom line is that TMO is pushing hard for release the last week in October so they can beat AT&Ts expected first week in November release.

Take it for what it's worth but I will note that this is not someone on the sales side....

PG
    09-07-09 10:57 AM
    Spoke to a friend on the network side at TMO. He does some occasional device testing for them and he and I get together from time to time and "talk shop". That said I consider him a highly credible source....

Anyway bottom line is that TMO is pushing hard for release the last week in October so they can beat AT&Ts expected first week in November release.

Take it for what it's worth but I will note that this is not someone on the sales side....

PG
    So since you guys "talked shop" did he have any info if it will indeed be called the driftwood and will it have the ability to handoff between UMA and 3G? Thanks for the great info as always PG
    09-08-09 01:09 AM
    so is it gonna be a trackpad or ball?
    09-13-09 08:43 PM
    Lol.

10char
    09-13-09 08:57 PM
    so is it gonna be a trackpad or ball?
    Trackpad. Gotta love it
    09-14-09 02:35 AM
    So since you guys "talked shop" did he have any info if it will indeed be called the driftwood and will it have the ability to handoff between UMA and 3G? Thanks for the great info as always PG
    nice cant wait
    09-17-09 03:13 PM
    Im interested in this as well. 3G I dont need since I dont get it here in Salt Lake anyways.
    09-21-09 03:55 PM
    Been told 1st Nov here in the UK, though from a sales rep so not holding my breath! God damn and I was gonna buy the 8900 today!
    10-11-09 05:24 AM
    which network???
    10-11-09 05:38 AM
    A rep at one of the T-Mobile 'megastores' in San Fran (who incidentally was carrying a 9700, sans TMO logo) stated that they are expecting a November 11th release. He also mentioned a touchscreen Blackberry in December.

Our company uses BB exclusively... and the military provides them as well. I doubt I'll rush out to grab one the minute it drops, at least until I can confirm a Touch dropping or not.
    10-11-09 01:17 PM
    I've tried the trackpad for the 8520 and was really impressed with the handling. In fact much better than trackball. Super slick movement
    10-11-09 04:42 PM
    AT&T cell phones|AT&T phones has sources saying that the 9700 will be released the 21st of this month. also saying sometime this month that a white Bold 9000 will be released i dont know, but they have been pretty spot on with alot of phone releases. im glad to know that im not the only one that absolutley cant wait for this bold 2 haha
    10-12-09 12:26 AM
    hahahahaah your pin is greeaaat i thought it was your pin untill it saidinvailed pin hahah then i looked at it again and it says for idiots ahaha good one
    10-12-09 12:41 AM
    10-12-09 11:08 AM
    ooooo, Cant wait!!
    10-12-09 12:49 PM
    wot does imminent mean though? like how soon???
    10-12-09 05:46 PM
    Calm down... it will still be a little while longer... until we hear the official release date. Then we can say "imminent".
    10-12-09 06:13 PM
    it will be out in a month or less im willing to bet. good thing i live in a smaller town with nothing but rednecks, they probably dont know what a BB is haha, so they wont be out in my town
    10-12-09 08:32 PM
    Been told 1st Nov here in the UK, though from a sales rep so not holding my breath! God damn and I was gonna buy the 8900 today!
    Well.. do you know how you can tell when a sales rep is lying?
    ... Their lips are moving!

I predict that is will be available soon, speaking in geologic terms of course.
    10-12-09 09:03 PM
    it will be out in a month or less im willing to bet. good thing i live in a smaller town with nothing but rednecks, they probably dont know what a BB is haha, so they wont be out in my town
    HAHAHAHAH thats awesome
    10-12-09 10:12 PM
    I defintaly prefer the trackball to the trackpad ! Epecially when it is warm out the trackpad seems to slip or if you have sweaty fingers it doesnt grip . So i would be stoked if they kept the trackball for the onyx .
    10-18-09 04:57 AM
372 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD