I would say $489.00 out of contract and $269.00 in contract. It will most likely mirror the Tour pricing.
    07-30-09 08:46 AM
    too steep for my blood
    curve till I die
    07-30-09 10:10 AM
    You can already get the Tour - with new contract of course - thru Amazon for $99 so prices fall pretty quickly if you are willing to sign those contracts.

I could see RIM and the carriers wanting to keep it in what seems to the sweet spot at $200 and under.
    But since this is apparently going to be the most powerful BB to date, they might want to charge a premium for it - and that would also allow Bold prices to stay a little higher as well.
    I could see this and the Bold being their higher price phones, with the Tour and 8900 in the middle range and the Gemini Curve there for the low end users. Then they can market/sell to all price ranges.
    07-30-09 10:51 AM
    damn this is gonna be an expensive device.. im just trying to figure out if this is worth it... its pretty much just a javelin with 3g and an optical trackpad

BUT i still want it haha
    07-30-09 02:07 PM
    does anyone know when its coming out?
    07-31-09 01:22 AM
    I wonder just what upgrade prices will be offered?
    08-01-09 02:24 AM
    Im thinking $199.99 two year contract
    $599.99 without contract
    08-01-09 12:29 PM
    Okay maybe not. Sprint did start the tour at $299.99 with that stuuupid mail in rebate crap!!!!
    08-01-09 12:30 PM
    $199 i can deal with...maybe! Probably will be more though
    08-01-09 06:11 PM
    oh it's going to be expensive all right. won't stop me from getting one, however.
    08-01-09 06:43 PM
    att is going rip off its customers with the no contract price like that.
    $600 you got to be kidding me.this device has not been fully revamped imo. the more realistic price to be should be $400 without contract. and $200 with contract.

you know how rim's 9000 was 1 device everyone wanted to get their hands out,and how people found the wait extremely agonizing. don't expect something like that for the onyx. the 9000's keyboard kills this baby in a jiff.
    08-01-09 10:33 PM
    Well the Bold is $250 with a contract so I don't see the Onyx coming in any less. The Bold price might drop some though.
    08-01-09 10:53 PM
    Bold is only $49.99 thru Amazon - still is tempting even though these new ones are coming out...
    08-02-09 06:46 AM
    if i have the bold, i will stay with it till magnum..
    else if i am getting a new one... i reckon to wait for the onyx?
    hmmm

interesting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 09:14 AM
    08-02-09 09:20 AM
    When the Bold first came out there were no .99 or 49.99 deals anywhere. I think this will be the case with the Onyx also.
    08-02-09 09:25 AM
    for me, the trackpad is ok... ... as i am not a bb user yet..

never tried the trackball before, so i dont think i am going to miss it anyway.. ..

waiting for it to come out.......still....
    08-02-09 09:37 AM
    for me, the trackpad is ok... ... as i am not a bb user yet..

never tried the trackball before, so i dont think i am going to miss it anyway.. ..

waiting for it to come out.......still....
    The only thing I despised about the trackball was that it got dirty so quick. It was rather annoying, lol

I kind of find myself in favor of the trackpad.

I will also be buying the Onyx outright, so I feel you guys' pain lol (used my upgrade on my 3G S) - I'm keeping both as I never seem to be able to make up my mind between a BB and an iPhone. I figure I'll pick up the Onyx when it comes out and just switch between the two whenever.
    08-02-09 01:15 PM
    att is going rip off its customers with the no contract price like that.
    $600 you got to be kidding me.this device has not been fully revamped imo. the more realistic price to be should be $400 without contract. and $200 with contract.

you know how rim's 9000 was 1 device everyone wanted to get their hands out,and how people found the wait extremely agonizing. don't expect something like that for the onyx. the 9000's keyboard kills this baby in a jiff.
    Really? The device cost with contract is lower because carriers will subsidize the cost of the device (especially data devices) because they know they are making it up with service revenue. If you're not buying their service why should they give you the same price? Then they're just losing money and never forget the goal of any wireless company is to make money. Not to lose money by selling a device that will generate no further revenue for them for a rate that is less than or equal to the cost of the device from the manufacturer.
    08-02-09 03:36 PM
    The pricing should fall with-in the intro pricing. Unless AT&T does what they did with the Bold $299 which was absurd..... Any which way im going for the Driftwood on TMO which will have much better pricing.
    08-02-09 03:44 PM
    The pricing should fall with-in the intro pricing. Unless AT&T does what they did with the Bold $299 which was absurd..... Any which way im going for the Driftwood on TMO which will have much better pricing.
    TMO BB phones usually max out at $500 without a contract so I'll just wait for the driftwood. I would get the 8900, since I don't have a data plan so 3G is useless to me, now but I figure that 8900 will drop in price when the driftwood comes out leaving me open to decide then if I want to spend more or less money
    08-11-09 02:39 PM
    I agree, that's why I'm hoping that when it releases, Amazon picks it up pretty quickly and resells at a low price.....either them or best buy.
    08-18-09 01:58 PM
    The only thing I despised about the trackball was that it got dirty so quick. It was rather annoying, lol

I kind of find myself in favor of the trackpad.

I will also be buying the Onyx outright, so I feel you guys' pain lol (used my upgrade on my 3G S) - I'm keeping both as I never seem to be able to make up my mind between a BB and an iPhone. I figure I'll pick up the Onyx when it comes out and just switch between the two whenever.
    I used to be this way between my 8820 and my iPhone 3G but its SUCH a pain because with the iPhone, you cant take the SIM card out yourself. Plus its data plan and everything is so much different, so everytime you "feel like switching on a whim" expect it to take at least a half an hour if not more with driving time to the store, waiting in line, having them switch everything over and making sure it works, etc. It's not the smartest idea. I can't wait for the Onyx to come out, I'm paying for an early upgrade and I cant wait to get my hands on this little baby! Ahhh I hope it has the trackpad
    08-18-09 02:57 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD