Is this gonna be GSM or CDMA?
    GSM... YAY!
    I'm excited about that.
    06-19-09 04:30 AM
    Can't wait for this phone to come out! Trackball or not, I'm getting it!
    06-19-09 07:06 AM
    I miss the scroll wheel!
    06-19-09 07:59 AM
    sweeet... ; >

now i;m looking forward to the onyx again!

I REALLY hope that Rogers gets it before anyone in september.. just like the 8900... we got it like a month or two before anyone else did!
    06-19-09 08:22 AM
    sweeet... ; >

now i;m looking forward to the onyx again!

I REALLY hope that Rogers gets it before anyone in september.. just like the 8900... we got it like a month or two before anyone else did!
    Rogers gets everything first that's a given
    06-19-09 08:24 AM
    i am ABSOLUTELY waiting for this device now!!!
    06-19-09 08:38 AM
    I cant wait..the Driftwood could save T-Mobiles neglected BlackBerry customers. but i love it.....i made a mock up just for fun...

06-19-09 09:24 AM
    I cant wait..the Driftwood could save T-Mobiles neglected BlackBerry customers. but i love it.....i made a mock up just for fun...

lol nice i was wondering what it'd look like
    06-19-09 09:29 AM
    yeah i was curious so, with regular ol' Paint thats all i cuold do, i like how it looks..im use to the trackball but im looking forward to this trackpad.
    06-19-09 09:30 AM
    Well hopefully there will be even improvements in the functionality of this flat thing.

Let's see another review.
    06-19-09 10:13 AM
    At first I was really looking forward to the Tour coming out, but after reading the review of the Onyx I really want to get this one instead.
    06-19-09 10:36 AM
    Personally, I like the trackball. I am so accustomed to using the trackball, that usig anythng else would feel awkward. Although, I may get used to the optical trackpad like I became acclimated to the trackball.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 11:11 AM

BTW: Nice Photoshop

It does even look as good as the ball-version
    RIM do it fast.
    06-19-09 11:19 AM
    Track pad looks alright on that Onyx mock up. I think it looks awkward on the 8520.
    06-19-09 12:51 PM
    I'm just a LITTTTTTTTLE iffy about the Onyx now. I will be getting this phone as my FIRST Blackberry. I am used to playing around with my friends' Blackberries and have gotten used to the trackball. Does anyone think that the trackpad will be annoying? Do any of the Blackberries that are out now have the trackpad? If so, can anyone give me their opinion on the overall feel and mobility when using the trackpad. Thanks!
    06-19-09 05:32 PM
    even more, I wonder how well it will perform when cases start coming out that cover around the tackpad...
    06-19-09 08:04 PM
    The truth: At first I was really skeptical about the trackpad. Like really skeptical. & then today at the mall, I happened to pass by the ATT store and I walked in to check out the new iPhone, but they didn't have it instead I got to do something better. Theres the phone the Samsung Epix which someone said would be similar to but nowhere near as good as the trackpad on the 8520 and the 9200. So, I played around with ATT's 8900 curve trackball for a little, did the usual navigating,etc. and then played around with the epix trackpad and let me tell you putting it on the blackberry would not be a mistake, at all. Especially since we know RIM will make it super easy to get accustomed to and use. I'm sure that one problem Kevin had with the trackpad will be fixed by the time it makes its way to the final units. I mean if it worked this good for him on the pre-production units, imagine how flawless it would be finalized?!?! To me I think this a 10x more stable input method and considering the Bold is currently RIMs flagship, I doubt they would put the trackpad on the new Bold (maybe next flagship?) if it wasn't good enough.
    06-19-09 10:39 PM
    the optical ball instead of the pad is something I saw on the (is it frowned upon to say around here?) Pre. I haven't used it but the ball at the bottom just chills there, doesn't spin. Haven't really heard if that worked out.

nvm: just read it was just a shiny button but i typed this out already so...
    06-19-09 10:45 PM

make another mock up, make it look like the bold (a bit more wider, and so on....)
    06-21-09 09:38 PM
    Only thing I'm wondering is if they trackpad will be as easy to replace as a trackball if it breaks? I doubt it. I personally love the fact that if your trackball breaks, you can fix it that same day with an extra one that cost only 5 bucks. The trackpad seems like if it's own piece that it would be expensive or require you to buy an entire keyboard set up.
    06-21-09 10:56 PM
    a trackball replacement is understandable since technically, the ball is detached and can collects dust and debris

I couldn't logically understand how a trackpad could break or damage in the same way that would warrant an easy swapping technique like the ball would
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 06-21-09 at 11:11 PM.
    06-21-09 11:09 PM
    all moving parts are easier to break.

I hope they are getting rid of the trackball. It's just too easy to break and people get dirt in them all the time.
    06-22-09 09:50 AM
    make another mock up, make it look like the bold (a bit more wider, and so on....)

06-22-09 10:00 AM
    wrong thread. ><
    Last edited by Nazarius; 06-25-09 at 02:19 PM.
    06-25-09 02:17 PM
    I just played with the Nokia E71 trackpad and it sucks!! It takes longer to navigate and I dont like the feel (too easy to click something you dont want to click while navigating).

I just hope the Onyx version is leaps and bounds better than Nokia's.
    06-25-09 05:53 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD