Well this is potentially VERY exciting...

after hearing the Onyx definitely wouldn't get an optical trackpad, now I just heard from a person who says they just saw a re-designed Onyx that DOES in fact have the optical trackpad.

Info on each opinion came from trustworthy people...so typically when that happens it's not that a source is wrong, but there info just isn't as current (things can change). I think it would be VERY cool if the latter is right and their is an optical trackpad on the on 9020. But I hate not knowing stuff for certain.... so hopefully we'll know for certain soon.
    06-18-09 06:19 PM
    Thanks Kevin. The new trackpad should be on all future TB based BBs IMHO. The Blog post about RIM saying the trackpad was only for lower end devices made absolutely no sense to me
    06-18-09 06:23 PM
    I'm moving to Canada........
    06-18-09 06:43 PM
    LOL I was just gonna say make sure that wasn't a Gemini, but yea that is cool though because it means later on the pad will be utilized on my more devices.
    06-18-09 07:06 PM
    The trackpad was developed to fight the cost of replacing blackberrys because of worn or faulty trackballs....carriers couldn't stand paying for a replacement device because of a dirty or stuck trackball

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 08:03 PM
    Yeah ... I definately don't see how the trackpad is "low-end" .. it definately is something I view as high-tech exclusive kinda thing..
    06-18-09 08:17 PM
    I hope it has the trackpad. I'm sick of the trackabll.
    06-18-09 08:19 PM
    I can't wait to see how this will be with the trackpad. I was getting a little worried about the trackball after ausch said he did not like it since it was so level with the screen. I think this is going to be a great device- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this thing releases in the fall!!
    06-18-09 08:19 PM
    now any word on when it might hit the market?
    06-18-09 08:21 PM
    Yeah ... I definately don't see how the trackpad is "low-end" .. it definately is something I view as high-tech exclusive kinda thing..
    This is very true. I don't know why this new high tech part is said to be just on "low end" device. You would think the better the device is, the better the parts will be.
    06-18-09 08:30 PM
    Yea guy, trackballs are sooooo 1985 era

curve pearl 8800 and older still work today because I could take out and clean their trackballs.
    My last bold went 5 months before the trackball was too far gone to save, and I wasn't about to forfeit my warranty.
    Trackpad for the present, something super for the future!

Lmao

Now that I think of it, I think they are making a surepress button. A gesture area like the pre's, but that can click like a trackball. Think about all those 5.0 fancy schmancy picture switching with the trackball, done with a surepad
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 06-18-09 at 08:53 PM.
    06-18-09 08:47 PM
    It would be nice to see the trackpad when it launches...
    06-18-09 08:49 PM
    Why not include the optical trackpad on the magnum?lol.

06-18-09 09:55 PM
    Why don't they make an optical trackball?? A trackball that just doesnt move, but senses the movements like the track pad?
    06-18-09 10:33 PM
    Why don't they make an optical trackball?? A trackball that just doesnt move, but senses the movements like the track pad?
    Why not just make it a pad instead of a ball like they are doing? lol a ball that you roll over but doesn't move would be a waste of product and also feel really weird I bet lol
    06-18-09 10:51 PM
    Why not just make it a pad instead of a ball like they are doing? lol a ball that you roll over but doesn't move would be a waste of product and also feel really weird I bet lol
    Might provide a nice massage for the finger tip of your choosing.
    06-18-09 11:46 PM
    Yeah I think that would feel really weird... lol.
    06-19-09 12:35 AM
    With trackballs failing all the time, I hope this is correct.
    06-19-09 12:36 AM
    CX help out here!

06-19-09 12:42 AM
    am i the only one who likes the trackball I mean if its like the track pads on like lets say the palm centro's, then yuck.
    06-19-09 12:49 AM
    am i the only one who likes the trackball I mean if its like the track pads on like lets say the palm centro's, then yuck.
    werent those the clicky type??
    dunno never used one
    i like the trackball
    but current phone design make it an annoyance to replace if it fails
    trackpad is a good idea for the design
    can someone make an img of how it'd look like with a trackpad?
    06-19-09 01:00 AM
    Change is good

06-19-09 01:03 AM
    Change is good

What Good is Change?
    06-19-09 01:10 AM
    what are you talking about centro's never had a trackpad. Centro's were half touch screen half keyboard with a directional up/down left/right enter button.
    06-19-09 03:52 AM
    Is this gonna be GSM or CDMA?
    Last edited by bradley_6; 06-19-09 at 04:26 AM.
    06-19-09 04:21 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD