08-08-09 11:36 AM
60 123
tools
    Am loving the look , hope it drops soon ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 12:37 AM
    Oh man I cant wait for this thing to come out
    07-29-09 01:08 AM
    Rofl! I just checked this out and it is GROSS. Stop RIM.. Please. The other back cover was better. RIM really likes to change the battery doors on the new models they release.. Why don't they comcentrate more on building a better OS.

07-29-09 01:17 AM
    Why must the one flaw in this phone be so glaring and tacky?

I wouldn't mind if it were a rubber type door, but pleather? Gross.
    07-29-09 05:25 AM
    The leather back brings a touch of class. Although that plastic bezel around the leather makes it look cheesy. I'm sure the final design will be refined.

The Onyx is one of those "unicorn" phones that everyone raves and speculates about for months then when it comes out everyone finds something to complain and whine about.
    07-29-09 05:42 AM
    Leather, hot wax, shiny black polish - it's a classic sales mix

I don't care if they paint it pink or wrap it in feathers, if they cover it in star dust or not... push to production people, we need to have this device, enough tweaking already
    07-29-09 05:55 AM
    I love the leather too. That's great on my bold.
    The onyx should have a full leahter cover, not only the middle part of it!
    About the chrome, I thinks it's better to make it black. The chrome is great but after 1.5 years my chrome as disapeared on the sides and corners and is now black! Real chrome OK, but this plastic chrome,.... .
    That's actually the only thing that anoys me!
    Let's hope the 9020 is as different as the 9000 is now!
    Sorry but, almost all the new BB's look like they are the same!
    07-29-09 08:43 AM
    I like it. My curve battery door is pitted something awful after only a few months. With a leather battery cover it will be one less item i need to protect.
    07-29-09 11:46 AM
    That leather back is a SexyBack
    07-29-09 12:07 PM
    Personally I think that the back makes the phone look ugly
    07-29-09 02:06 PM
    If there is anything we have learned from owning BlackBerry devices is that you always have the opportunity to customize parts. If you don't like the leatherette battery door, I'm sure a plastic version will be available.
    07-29-09 02:11 PM
    As long as the battery cover is not wobly, and the rubberized edges don't make it look like a driving school toyota, I can live with it until aftermarket covers come out.

Leather, real or faux has no place on a phone IMHO. What's next? A rhinestone RIM logo?

07-30-09 06:40 AM
    No, it's not like the Tour...at first glance it is. But then you notice how there is no bezel around it which makes it look like the keys are about to spill over the edges. The Onyx looks like an unfinished Blackberry (maybe it is ) and the addition of this half-assed leather cover only makes it look worse. There is just way too many things going on with the design of this phone. It has the random chrome/rubber strip going around the sides and the back and then they throw in leather...I mean, come on. Make up your mind!
    So do you think it is better to get a Bold or wait for Onyx? I mean, I like Bold, it's just that everyone has Bold already. It has become too common.
    07-30-09 08:26 AM
    I actually think this could be pretty sweet looking...if the fit and finish is tight and solid, then it looks like a winner to me...
    07-30-09 07:05 PM
    I sure hope it does not have a leather back... how lame...
    07-30-09 08:52 PM
    Yeah I will just black my out when I get mine

07-30-09 09:58 PM
    I can't wait to get this phone. I agree with those that said the leather should be like the Bold's. Oh well, still a great looking device, IMO.
    07-30-09 11:10 PM
    pleather sucks, i like plastic
    USE METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-30-09 11:43 PM
    i think that back looks better than the original bolds back
    07-31-09 01:19 AM
    I have been circling around the Blackberries since the Bold came out. The "leather" back was one of the reasons I did not get it. Although if it was the only thing I did not like about it, something like the "leather" back would not have stopped me.

I like the look and design of the onyx. I am undecided about the back cover. At first I was disappointed but the more I look at it the more it grows on me. A real judgment can’t be made till I have the device in my hands. It is definitely an improvement over the bolds. It has style to it and blends in nicely with the BB logo. The overall look to the back is sleek. The camera and flash integration on the bold looks cheap, last minute, and just plain odd. And when you throw in the "leather" back it looks like poorly thought out design with good ideas. The Onyx is a definite evolution to it. Like a nicely executed mid-life cycle refreshening to a car. It’s basically the same ideas with more thought behind it... hindsight is 20/20.
    07-31-09 01:10 PM
    like many have had said, the onyx is not a major upgrade, it is a "minute" upgrade.

07-31-09 04:43 PM
    true,but for us T-Mo customers...itll be the 1st 3G Blackberry out for us.and yea,for me with an 8700g,it would be a MAJOR upgrade loll.
    anyone know of any updates on the driftwood release date though?is it more likely to come out late THIS year or early next year?
    07-31-09 05:06 PM
    Really dig those leather backs. They remind me of old 35mm cameras in and the way they felt. And ARRI cameras to.
    07-31-09 06:09 PM
    true,but for us T-Mo customers...itll be the 1st 3G Blackberry out for us.and yea,for me with an 8700g,it would be a MAJOR upgrade loll.
    anyone know of any updates on the driftwood release date though?is it more likely to come out late THIS year or early next year?
    I spoke with someone the other day from the retentions dept. She swore up and down that tmo WILL bring out a 3G BB and the current launch date is November (but as always, it's never locked in until the day it goes public).

She confirmed that it is a "bold like" device with 3G, bluetooth, wi-fi (including UMA), 3.2meg camera. She didn't mention GPS but she wasn't giving me a comprehensive list of everything it will have so hopefully all the rumored specs are right and GPS will be there. She also confirmed it will definitely have a trackpad rather than trackball (YES!!!!!! - I HATE trackballs given they fail from accumulated dirt).
    07-31-09 06:39 PM
    Wow, that's really fugly. Looks even worse than the Bold's cover (and I'm a Bold owner).
    08-01-09 03:35 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD