Check it out.

NOW it's a BOLD - New Photo of a BlackBerry 9020 Shows Off a Leather Battery Door! | CrackBerry.com

Every time I see the Onyx, it gets uglier and uglier. Stop it, RIM...stop it.
    07-28-09 02:37 PM
    Check it out.

NOW it's a BOLD - New Photo of a BlackBerry 9020 Shows Off a Leather Battery Door! | CrackBerry.com

Every time I see the Onyx, it gets uglier and uglier. Stop it, RIM...stop it.
    HAHAHAHA... i have to admit i love the leather back on the bold. This is going to be a popular addition to the 9000 lineup. Everyone hated the original back for the bold. Trust me it grows on you
    07-28-09 02:48 PM
    HAHAHAHA... i have to admit i love the leather back on the bold. This is going to be a popular addition to the 9000 lineup. Everyone hated the original back for the bold. Trust me it grows on you
    Don't get me wrong, I love the back of the Bold...I just think the Onyx is an all-around ugly device. I am going to start calling it the Frankenstein of Blackberrys...lets just hope it doesn't try to kill us and we have to torch it in a windmill.
    07-28-09 02:57 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I love the back of the Bold...I just think the Onyx is an all-around ugly device. I am going to start calling it the Frankenstein of Blackberrys...lets just hope it doesn't try to kill us and we have to torch it in a windmill.
    lol... thats funny man.. I agree that it would have been better if the leather was the entire back like the bold without the plastic around the sides. lol @ frankenstein bb.
    07-28-09 03:12 PM
    I really think this device is going to be insane and a MUST HAVE for all blackberry lovers!
    07-28-09 03:23 PM
    Why do you think it's ugly? It has the same looks as the tour except for the leather backing, which makes it stand out from all other bb's
    07-28-09 03:31 PM
    I love the "leather" on my bold! It feels nice and sets it apart from the rest of the plastic berrys out there I say bring out with some leather and chrome! I love it all ready!

JB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:43 PM
    Why do you think it's ugly? It has the same looks as the tour except for the leather backing, which makes it stand out from all other bb's
    No, it's not like the Tour...at first glance it is. But then you notice how there is no bezel around it which makes it look like the keys are about to spill over the edges. The Onyx looks like an unfinished Blackberry (maybe it is ) and the addition of this half-assed leather cover only makes it look worse. There is just way too many things going on with the design of this phone. It has the random chrome/rubber strip going around the sides and the back and then they throw in leather...I mean, come on. Make up your mind!
    07-28-09 03:46 PM
    Ugly. The back of the bold is nice. The plastic cover for the onyx is better.

07-28-09 03:57 PM
    I like the leather backing on the Bold and all, but I would've preferred to see the Onyx stick to the plastic backing. If they're going to keep the leather back for the Onyx, I hope they redesign it at least.
    07-28-09 04:02 PM
    Agree... The way the back on the Bold is makes it look sophisticated and sexy... On the Onyx it looks gaudy. With high black gloss on the front, covered with rubber on the sides, and a rubber strip running down the middle for the camera... Meh.
    07-28-09 04:38 PM
    I just hope the cover fits like a glove. Am I one of the few who finds this back cover classy?

07-28-09 05:26 PM
    As already said in the blog:

IMO it's UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    07-28-09 05:34 PM
    Lol @ anyone who says its ugly. Of course that's your opinion, but pictures don't do it justice. The keyboard is the exact same size as the 9630's. The beveled edges are oh so sexy and the black leather battery cover looks great in person. This is a great looking device. And its specs are the best of any BlackBerry to date. Anyone who has actually held and used one totally love it. And the tp looks great too. Great device.
    07-28-09 05:38 PM
    I'm sure it is a great device and it is one that I will immediately purchase when available but the leather back will go as soon as I can find a nice aftermarket one...the battery cover is the only thing I don't like about my bold...replaced mine with colorware...some things are just not meant to be on cell phones imho...I mean I don't see my wife caring for a plastic or metal purse or rushing out to buy the newest fiberglass shoes...leather or leatherlike substances or denim or crocodile skin for that matter belong far away from my electronics....especially my BB

07-28-09 05:51 PM
    The leather is definitly nice, but i just wish they'd just make the whole back of leather, like the Bold. Not just a little leather patch. So, the leather + a trackpad! This makes it the sweetest BB to date!
    07-28-09 07:13 PM
    Oh, and pleeeease make espresso the default colour...
    07-28-09 07:14 PM
    anyone got a high res pic of onyx that is going to market ?
    07-28-09 07:16 PM
    I think it looks ok, but I think it would look.better with a rubberized cover, to match the sides. That would look friggin awesome!

07-28-09 07:22 PM
    in my opinion... all these leather backs look cheap.
    07-28-09 08:16 PM
    Lol @ anyone who says its ugly. Of course that's your opinion, but pictures don't do it justice. The keyboard is the exact same size as the 9630's. The beveled edges are oh so sexy and the black leather battery cover looks great in person. This is a great looking device. And its specs are the best of any BlackBerry to date. Anyone who has actually held and used one totally love it. And the tp looks great too. Great device.
    Well obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe mine will change once I see it in person but right now, I think that this is an ugly device.

Like super ugly.
    07-28-09 09:12 PM
    Ick nast. I think the only saving grace is that if I get a case I won't have to see the ugly thing.

I think the leather on the back of the Bold is gross too. It just messes up the whole vibe. It'd be one thing if the phone had more leather accents but it's like someone just hot glued some leather to the back of the phone because they cracked the orginial case.

Ick nast.
    07-28-09 10:36 PM
    I like it.
    07-29-09 12:13 AM
    I like the look and feel of the leather on the back of the 9000. I wish rim had made the Onyx look more like the bold, like the back especially.
    07-29-09 12:27 AM
    well we have seen two backs allready and its not out yet so anything is possible.
    07-29-09 12:32 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD