Okay so I have been using an 8900 since the launch date for T-Mobile USA in February. I love my blackberry and I don't think I will ever use another device again. I bought my 8900 outright for retail price and my 2 year upgrade will be in December, hopefully right in time for the holiday and the release of the Onyx/Driftwood for T-Mobile. I am excited for the trackpad, same as many of you, but I'm not sure whether or not I should go with this device, or keep my 8900 and get the next gen storm. I'm torn so far as of what to do? All input would be greatly appreciated to help me make my decision. I'm trying to prepare well ahead of time!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 05:20 PM
    Do you want a keyboard or not? If you do... you will love the ONYX for sure.
    07-23-09 06:32 PM
    Do you want a keyboard or not? If you do... you will love the ONYX for sure.
    said the best... If u can deal w/o the keyboard, then I would think the storm 2 would be great, if a keyboards a must then a 3g version of an already great 8900 never hurts either
    07-23-09 07:16 PM
    Unless you know you will like the touch screen I'd go with what you know you like. The key board. I've had both and while the touch screen is ok sometimes it sucks. I'm waiting on the Onyx to come out. Or may be I'll buy something out right.

07-23-09 09:40 PM
    If you're a TMO US customer I am not sure I see the difference for you between the 8900 and Driftwood. TMO's 3G network is sparse at best...
    07-23-09 10:41 PM
    that's a great point phonegeek, however with how terrible AT&T's 3G is acting and with the push towards 3G speeds, hopefully T-Mobile will greatly expand their 3G network to try and compete. Especially if they're going to get their first 3G blackberry.
    07-23-09 10:45 PM
    Oh ya, and the trackpad is more of a dealbreaker than 3G
    07-23-09 10:46 PM
    If you're a TMO US customer I am not sure I see the difference for you between the 8900 and Driftwood. TMO's 3G network is sparse at best...
    The keyboard is a big deal to me - I didn't like the keys on the 8900, too small. I like the Bold/Onyx/Tour layout much better, bigger keys with no wasted space between them.
    07-24-09 08:12 AM
    Get the Onyx. Storm 2 looks pretty much the same as Storm 1 and w all the same quirks + wifi.
    07-24-09 10:03 AM
    Hoping T-Mobile expands their 3G coverage might be wishful thinking. On the other hand AT&T already has plans in place to increase their 3G coverage as well as upgrading their network.

07-24-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD