I dont understand why Verizon and Sprint have such a limited offering of blackberry's?
    07-15-09 10:38 AM
    I think all devices should be available on all networks(which are compatible). Current system will mean that some of us are deprived of the handsets we like!

It all started with that stupid iphone....atleast here in UK.
    Iphone and Pre to O2

Storm and ????? to Voda

I'd say its fair enough

You can always buy sim free, works out cheaper most of the time anyway
    07-15-09 01:23 PM
    Let's do the world first (GSM) before we let only the US get the phone (CDMA).
    07-15-09 02:38 PM
    Let's do the world first (GSM) before we let only the US get the phone (CDMA).
    a lot of other countries run CDMA.. but i do agree with your statement just saying that US is not the only country that has CDMA..

korea for one has CDMA. Canada also has two carriers with CDMA.

I dont understand why Verizon and Sprint have such a limited offering of blackberry's?
    from what i heard it's more of a pain to create CDMA phones just cause it;s not the standard.. so when a GSM phone is release the chances of the CDMA version coming is slim.. if it does.. it takes a while!

for example the Moto Razr.. it took a while before it came to CDMA.. i know cause i waited for it when i was with Telus back in the day..

hence why i changed to Rogers a GSM carrier... i;m a phone junkie and being on CDMA caused too much stress to wait for nice phones..
    07-15-09 03:22 PM
    I agree!
    Chris
    07-16-09 12:45 PM
    Agree...DangermouseUK, but part of me thinks its unfair....shuffling carriers every year or so! May be that's because I'm on o2 and strongly resisted urges to take storm until now.

Anyway, should look into simfree option once it is released :-)
    07-16-09 08:04 PM
    I wouldn't think about taking a Storm at all with Storm 2 just round the corner, literally, but that will be a Vodafone exclusive I guess - However its pretty certain O2 will get Onyx, probably around the same time, if not a little bit after Voda
    07-17-09 12:10 AM
    Just learning the dif between CDMA and GSM. Q: as I understand, wifi is only avail. on GSM, is that the case and if so what are the chances of VZW changing over from CDMA 2 GSM? 3G is ok but it would be nice 2 have wifi as a supplement.
    P.S. What do these acronyms even stand for?
    Last edited by thornberry21; 07-17-09 at 01:56 AM. Reason: added postscript
    07-17-09 01:46 AM
    At&t & Rogers will get the onyx and t-mo will get the driftwood.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 02:07 AM
    T-Mobile Please.
    07-26-09 11:21 AM
    T-mobile i think
    07-26-09 11:51 AM
    Yea, I seriously hope T-Mo gets it first. I was considering getting the G1 months ago before getting my 8900 since I wanted the 3G so badly. I'm glad I stayed w/ the CrackBerry though.
    07-26-09 02:02 PM
    Is it just me or the only thing Sprint has to offer is the BEST data plan around!!!

I have the 8330...love it...but it seems like every new device comes out. NOT to sprint.
    07-26-09 02:34 PM
    I think ATT is in need of the Onyx. Even though they currently have BBs they have their flaws. The Bold is big and the 8900 doesn't have 3G. The Onyx is the perfect medium.
    07-26-09 08:40 PM
    Is it just me or the only thing Sprint has to offer is the BEST data plan around!!!

I have the 8330...love it...but it seems like every new device comes out. NOT to sprint.

Tour?? They do have the newest BB out.
    07-26-09 09:18 PM
    hope its at&t i want to get my hands on that
    07-28-09 09:32 PM
    Please let it be T-mobile, I'm kinda aching/jonesing for a new BB I'm kinda getting a bit tired of my 8900. From pearl to curve to 8900 I need a new BB from T-mo. Hurry up already. Grrrr.. Lol

07-31-09 09:59 PM
    Onyx 3G
    850/1900 (AT&T and Rogers)
    Driftwood 3G
    1700/2100 (T-Mobile) +UMA of course
    This is good peace of information about bands. Wish they would just release a BB Model, such as the upcoming Onyx with all these bands combined: 3G/UMTS/HSDPA (850/1900/1700/2100O + UMA support for t-mobile. That would be the killer 3G/GSM version of the Onyx!
    08-01-09 11:51 AM
    I think ATT is in need of the Onyx. Even though they currently have BBs they have their flaws. The Bold is big and the 8900 doesn't have 3G. The Onyx is the perfect medium.
    Yeah the onyx would be perfect.
    08-01-09 12:21 PM
    im definately waiting for one. but i'd never switch to ATT, heelllllll no
    08-01-09 12:26 PM
    Whats the diff between the onyx and driftwood? Is there even a physical difference?
    08-01-09 12:28 PM
    A very reputable, high up sales person at verizon just told me that he just found out the Onyx is coming to verizon in November. Anyone else hear about this? He was right about other phone releases in the past. Could this be true?

08-01-09 02:19 PM
    A very reputable, high up sales person at verizon just told me that he just found out the Onyx is coming to verizon in November. Anyone else hear about this? He was right about other phone releases in the past. Could this be true?

I would say the very reputable source is incorrect, seeing as the Onyx is a GSM device and Verizon is CDMA.
    08-01-09 04:22 PM
    a lot of other countries run CDMA.. but i do agree with your statement just saying that US is not the only country that has CDMA..

korea for one has CDMA. Canada also has two carriers with CDMA.

from what i heard it's more of a pain to create CDMA phones just cause it;s not the standard.. so when a GSM phone is release the chances of the CDMA version coming is slim.. if it does.. it takes a while!

for example the Moto Razr.. it took a while before it came to CDMA.. i know cause i waited for it when i was with Telus back in the day..

hence why i changed to Rogers a GSM carrier... i;m a phone junkie and being on CDMA caused too much stress to wait for nice phones..
    Don't forget that huge country called China...
    08-01-09 07:17 PM
    At&t & Rogers will get the onyx and t-mo will get the driftwood.

But Rogers offers TalkSpot (UMA), so will the Onyx support UMA at Rogers?
    08-01-09 07:59 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD