I actually like the Bold's cover better. The leather cover on the Onyx seems more like an afterthought than anything. Maybe if I saw it in different textiles/colors like the aftermarket ones for the Bold, it might look better.
    08-07-09 03:14 AM
    CB had posted that it will have a leather back like the bold when released, I'm kind of hoping against that, I wasn't really a huge fan of the faux leather...I like the back of the Tour a lot better.
    08-07-09 07:35 AM
    There is a thread with the merlin having a leather back but as we all know this could change. It doesn't matter to me when I get one I am going to black it out anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 07:40 AM
    The faux leather helps the phone be distinguished between other blackberries. I think its nice
    08-07-09 11:04 AM
    Hope it's a metal door.. would feel more solid and last longer.
    08-08-09 11:30 AM
    RIM used to make really solid devices in the old days, I'm not sure why they quit. It's time for them to return to the high-quality build of the early years... just not as ugly plz!! LOL!
    08-08-09 11:31 AM
    RIM used to make really solid devices in the old days, I'm not sure why they quit. It's time for them to return to the high-quality build of the early years... just not as ugly plz!! LOL!
    Its plastic for sure. Its not a "cheap" feeling plastic though. Its really nice.
    08-08-09 11:44 AM
    Completely agree... I've been swapping the Bold with my iPhone and the battery door has brought me to the point where I CAN'T STAND using it anymore... Sick of using a piece of paper to make it feel sturdy, and sick of how easy it is to fall off when taking it out of your pocket the wrong way. I hope to god the Onyx has a solid battery door.
    Last edited by energie; 08-09-09 at 11:01 PM.
    08-09-09 10:15 PM
    I HATE taking off the bold cover too...that thing is so damn annoying.
    08-12-09 01:10 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD