Blackberry Magnum, Onyx, Pearl 3G, and Gemini to harmonize on AT&T

the keyboard looks more like a curve style keyboard than a bold's. could this be att's 3g curve?
    05-24-09 06:33 PM
    That's not the Onyx. To see and get info on the real Onyx, take a look at this. It's supposed to be the Bold update/successor.
    05-24-09 06:39 PM
    That's not the Onyx. To see and get info on the real Onyx, take a look at this. It's supposed to be the Bold update/successor.
    i totally forgot about kevins hands on. maybe att is doing things differently. maybe they'll will be replacing their bold with the magnum (also mentioned in the article).
    05-24-09 06:51 PM
    Blackberry Magnum, Onyx, Pearl 3G, and Gemini to harmonize on AT&T

the keyboard looks more like a curve style keyboard than a bold's. could this be att's 3g curve?
    Are the pics correct? No. However, all of the info regarding the upcoming devices is dead on.
    05-24-09 06:57 PM
    Are the pics correct? No. However, all of the info regarding the upcoming devices is dead on.
    i know. i jumped the gun making this thread. big mistake knowing that there are actual pics of the device out there.
    05-24-09 07:05 PM
    I hope its not I'm saving my upgrade for the onyx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 09:15 PM
    So, if the Onyx is not a 3G 8900 but rather a Bold replacement, and if the Driftwood is Tmo's version, then Tmo *finally* gets a Bold-ish device. If. I said if. And it's kinda the GSM version of the Tour. Kinda.

05-24-09 09:42 PM
    How old are those slides? The Gemini slide says "trackball navigation + QWERTY." However, it is worth pointing out that the Magnum has "navigation evolution" in addition to "QWERTY + touch."
    05-25-09 05:10 AM
    How old are those slides? The Gemini slide says "trackball navigation + QWERTY." However, it is worth pointing out that the Magnum has "navigation evolution" in addition to "QWERTY + touch."
    We have known this for quite a while. It doesn't matter that the slides do not have the correct pictures up. They are fairly old. As Bla1ze said in the comments on the CB main page, they received these slides back in early R&D. Either way, they're still coming. Which is why I said the other day, the GSM pipeline is awesome.
    05-25-09 05:41 AM
    Which is why I said the other day, the GSM pipeline is awesome.
    I'm going to get the Tour on Verizon when it comes out. However, your comment sure does cause me to think twice about AT&T when the newer BBs come out later on!
    05-25-09 09:25 AM
    I see nor hear any mention of GPS. Does anyone know, think, or have an info of substance on this option?? It looks like this could be the "Uber Berry"
    05-25-09 10:31 AM
    Besides the camera, is there much of a benefit over the Bold? I just bought the Bold off of CraigsList and I'm quite happy with it (my first blackberry).
    05-25-09 08:36 PM
    Besides the camera, is there much of a benefit over the Bold? I just bought the Bold off of CraigsList and I'm quite happy with it (my first blackberry).
    Just form factor & camera that I can tell

05-25-09 08:43 PM
    Just form factor & camera that I can tell

Supposedly a better processor the abiltiy for UMTS/HSDPA better camera which you mentioned and of course way better app memory. If CX is retiring his 9000 for this than the Onyx must be awesome!!!

05-25-09 08:48 PM
    Supposedly a better processor the abiltiy for UMTS/HSDPA better camera which you mentioned and of course way better app memory. If CX is retiring his 9000 for this than the Onyx must be awesome!!!

UMTS/HSDPA just like the bold already supports? whats new about that?
    more app memory and a better camera..neither of which is a reason to give up the Bold.....i'm not buying the faster processor rumor till i see it
    05-25-09 08:53 PM
    UMTS/HSDPA just like the bold already supports? whats new about that?
    more app memory and a better camera..neither of which is a reason to give up the Bold.....i'm not buying the faster processor rumor till i see it
    Haha yeah better go look at those slides again it must be something good to be dubbed the uber berry so far lol

05-25-09 09:00 PM
    Haha yeah better go look at those slides again it must be something good to be dubbed the uber berry so far lol

i'm hoping it's an improvement to the Bold BUT to put things in perspective the 8900,Storm and Tour have all been called the Uber berry before they were released..then they got released or specs slowly but surely leaked out and the Uber talk slowly but surely went away
    05-26-09 09:24 AM
    It may be Uber Berry for someone else. IMHO, someone else would be the majority of BB users around the globe.

RIM has billion dollars in sale for good reason. I don't think they need to worry too much about smaller group of users.

90% of BB users in my office have no idea about OS upgrade nor they know how to get the most of out of their device. Some of them think that 8320 is blazing fast

For now I may or may not get this new berry depending on how much upgrade (comparing to my 8900) we are talking when real sample hits the store
    05-26-09 11:34 AM
    It may be Uber Berry for someone else. IMHO, someone else would be the majority of BB users around the globe.

RIM has billion dollars in sale for good reason. I don't think they need to worry too much about smaller group of users.

90% of BB users in my office have no idea about OS upgrade nor they know how to get the most of out of their device. Some of them think that 8320 is blazing fast

For now I may or may not get this new berry depending on how much upgrade (comparing to my 8900) we are talking when real sample hits the store
    Haha well why haven't you introduced them to the crackberry way. Totally agree though a lot of people don't know how to get the most out of their phone

05-26-09 01:14 PM
    Haha well why haven't you introduced them to the crackberry way. Totally agree though a lot of people don't know how to get the most out of their phone

I have, but most of them do not care

I am an IT guy by default (my main roles are QC, R&D for a start up biotech company). Well, we outsource most of out IT stuff else where.

Anyhow, they all take a simple way by just asking me what to do. When I tell them, they just usually hand me their berries
    05-26-09 01:45 PM
    CX stated that he is setting down his BOLD for this device so.. apparently this thing is the king of all Berry's as in more powerful in every way. The tip top of luxury in a blackberry smartphone.
    05-30-09 03:44 AM
    i wish theese phones would come out soon. I need a new blackberry!
    05-30-09 08:26 AM
    Why are the project names always better than the product names?
    06-02-09 05:46 PM
    This should clarify things...

8520 replaces 8320/8310 for cheap + pay as you go
    8900 mid range curve
    Onyx 3G Curve

06-11-09 05:07 PM
    Why are the project names always better than the product names?

because its the first thing you know about the device
    06-11-09 05:15 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD