12-18-13 11:56 AM
60 123
tools
    fckn briljant! - a 1000 thx!
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-04-12 04:49 PM
    I love you

Thanks for making me keep my new blackberry. I almost chalked this up to a support issue with the new torch9850 till I saw this link

Now if I can just get bolt browser back
    01-05-12 10:54 PM
    I love you

Thanks for making me keep my new blackberry. I almost chalked this up to a support issue with the new torch9850 till I saw this link

Now if I can just get bolt browser back
    I tinkered with Bolt in the past, but I don't have intimate knowledge of it's inner workings. I do believe that it submits requests against their servers. So that means that if they have discontinued their service, even having the app will be useless.

I thought I picked up some rumblings about them offering a paid/premium service sometime down the road, but again I can't say for certain.
    01-06-12 01:46 AM
    Thanx man Installation was like butter but unfortunately I don hav bis.
    01-10-12 08:28 AM
    I had no idea that the blackberry/gmail relationship ended. I wiped my Bberry yesterday (trying to solve another issue) and found out the hard way. THANKS WU-WEI!
    01-14-12 04:14 AM
    I had no idea that the blackberry/gmail relationship ended. I wiped my Bberry yesterday (trying to solve another issue) and found out the hard way. THANKS WU-WEI!
    You're definitely welcome.

To be fair, the BlackBerry/Gmail relationship is alive and well, but it takes the form of BIS synchronization which, as I know all too well, has many many idiosyncracies.

What has ended is Google's development/support of a native Gmail client, which is what I have preserved in the link provided.

Personally I have made a transition (certainly not a smooth one) to using the (RIM/GOOG) preferred means of email, etc. But every so often I want certain features I can only find in this client. It is disappointing for sure, but at the very least we have some means of getting what WE prefer.
    01-14-12 04:33 AM
    thank you so much, ive been searching for 3 months
    01-15-12 11:26 PM
    I haven't yet found 2.0.6 yet, but here are links to older versions:

Gmail Old Versions | Wap Review
    pcgizmo, you have my undying gratitude! I just got upgraded to a new bb at work, and without the gmail app, using the Gmail plug-in has been so frustrating... I couldn't search all my old messages, wasn't receiving certain messages, was receiving all my filtered mail as "new" messages, the conversation view is a mess -- AGH, so useless.... I missed the gmail app SO MUCH. THANK YOU! 2.0.7 didn't seem to work for me, not sure why... but 2.0.6 WORKS!! SO GLAD. thanks!!!!
    01-18-12 11:38 PM
    pcgizmo, you have my undying gratitude! I just got upgraded to a new bb at work, and without the gmail app, using the Gmail plug-in has been so frustrating... I couldn't search all my old messages, wasn't receiving certain messages, was receiving all my filtered mail as "new" messages, the conversation view is a mess -- AGH, so useless.... I missed the gmail app SO MUCH. THANK YOU! 2.0.7 didn't seem to work for me, not sure why... but 2.0.6 WORKS!! SO GLAD. thanks!!!!
    Just an FYI, you can search old messages with Gmail plug-in:

Menu button > Search by > Advanced > Search Messages > Remotely

I'm glad I could help you.
    01-19-12 07:12 AM
    Thank you sooo much !!! I've been searching for this and it works on my torch 9800 !!!
    wu-wei likes this.
    01-22-12 01:00 PM
    Not working for me. I start the download of and I get a download error. Anyone else have this issue come up?
    01-26-12 03:53 PM
    Try this:

Gmail 2.0.7
    Not working for me. I start the download of and I get a download error. Anyone else have this issue come up?
    No, this download link still works fine for me, try it again maybe?
    01-27-12 09:14 AM
    can i use the app when only wifi is on? thx a million WU-WEI!!!
    02-02-12 04:07 AM
    I used 2.0.7 with zero issues on my non-touch screen 9700.

Obviously there have been some folks who had install issues, so perhaps the earlier version will help them out. But I'm reasonably confident that version has nothing to do with the 'download errors' some folks have reported.
    02-13-12 01:55 AM
    can i use the app when only wifi is on? thx a million WU-WEI!!!
    I too need to know this, I don't have a service plan, but I do have wifi, if anyone knows of any other 3rd party email providers, or how to use gmail app with wifi plz help me out
    02-26-12 02:07 AM
    Hi - Sorry, still trying to get my head around this. How do I use it?
    03-02-12 11:41 AM
    I have tried to re-install the gmail app several times following the instructions above. It seems to install on my phone, but won't launch. Any suggestions?
    03-14-12 10:16 PM
    Hmm. Over 13,400 hits on my link so far. Niiiice.
    03-22-12 12:01 AM
    Hmm. Over 13,400 hits on my link so far. Niiiice.
    I don't know what Google was thinking when they pulled that app. There hadn't been any updates or development on it for a long time so I can't see that it was a maintenance issue for them. Go figure...
    03-22-12 06:26 AM
    The link works perfectly on my BB 9700 on OS6. EPIC WIN brother! It actually spawned me to become a member of CB just to thank you. Surprised that it took me two years of BB use to finally become a member here but better late than never!

For those that are having issues: On your Blackberry, try typing in the thread url exactly and then click on the Gmail link provided. Should prompt you to download just like it used to.
    04-02-12 01:11 PM
    Try this:

Gmail 2.0.7

You're my hero as well. Had to replace the Torch and was freaking out over not being able to get this app back...Thanks much!
    05-14-12 07:30 PM
    Try this:

Gmail 2.0.7
    It is people like you that make the world a better place!

Many thanks.
    05-15-12 04:54 PM
    U guys rock...........worked like a charm........
    06-28-12 07:38 PM
    Hi, thanks a million for posting this link to the GMail app ...
    I just created an account for thanking you so much...
    my BB 9780 was replaced recently, and the backup + restore with Desktop manager (v 7.x) would not restore GMAIL

but I have another question: Is it possible to download a local copy of this app (the JAR file ?) for future restores ? if so, how ca I acheive this ?

thanks !
    08-06-12 11:14 AM
    I wrote a third-party app backup guide, which is linked in my signature. In addition to the methods I describe in that thread, there is a link to another thread describing how to save the .cod files using Desktop Manager.

I just took a look at the metrics for my link and I've had over 30,000 hits now. Wow.
    08-06-12 11:20 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD