Please be honest which one do u thing is the better investment?
    08-08-13 07:40 PM
    No one can tell you, it's personal preference, however after this year I'm pretty sure OS7.1 support will die off
    08-08-13 07:44 PM
    First, it's not an investment, it's a purchase. You're going to lose your *** on your phone when you go to resell it later down the line. Awful investment.

I've owned the 9900 (traded + cash for a Z10 for my girlfriend). My own personal Z10, and a Q10 I purchased to give a shot, see if I missed a physical keyboard as much as I thought I did (i didn't).

I ran the Z since about March. I fully intended on selling it when I got my hands on a Q10 - I cannot use a physical keyboard anymore, the Z and swiping up make everything so much easier.

If it's my money, I go with the Z. If you're more interested in the physical keyboard at the cost of screen real estate, then the Q is your guy.

Unless you need an application that the BBOS7 phone has that BB10 doesn't have available - sideloading or through app world, there's no reason to even consider the 9900.
    malcolmjude likes this.
    08-08-13 07:47 PM
    I appreciate the advice thank u
    08-08-13 08:18 PM
    Ya...thats true....but in os 7 we have a better blackberry protect. Where you can backup your contacts, messages etc. But in os10 we don't have that option in protect

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:26 PM
    you are able to back up your contacts via gmail, which is far superior to backing it up with blackberry protect, even though i've never heard of anyone doing that.

in the same token, you are pretty easily able to back up the device via bblink.
    08-08-13 08:29 PM
    A 9930 bridged with my PlayBook!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-09-13 12:17 AM
    That's like comparing a car to a truck to a mini van. All are good, for their intended use.

From Zed to U via CB10
    08-09-13 12:19 AM
    Got a point
    08-09-13 12:50 AM
    I have a Z10 and a 9900. We are getting a Q10 next week.
    LOVE the Z for reddit, YouTube, games, and general browsing. Love the 9900 for emails texts etc...
    Will see about the Q10!
    Right now my fav is the Z.

From Zed to U via CB10
    08-09-13 01:27 AM
    No one can tell you, it's personal preference, however after this year I'm pretty sure OS7.1 support will die off
    Despite the release of a new OS7 device being announced ?

I don't thing so given that OS6 OS updates are still dropping.

Trackpad, back buttons and OS7 forever !!!

Get a 9900 if you want a communications workhorse, go for the Z if you want the screen real estate and the Q if you want to have to install all the leaked OS's kindly provided by Kris to make your phone half decent.
    08-09-13 08:34 AM
    Q10 !! Premium device
    08-09-13 09:32 AM
    Get a 9900 if you want a communications workhorse, go for the Z if you want the screen real estate and the Q if you want to have to install all the leaked OS's kindly provided by Kris to make your phone half decent.
    LOL!!!!
    08-09-13 09:33 AM
    Through crazy coincidence, I currently own all 3:

Was able to get a Z10 as my work phone, and got the Q10 as my personal phone when my 9930 contract ended. awesome contract timing, right?

Yes... I know about BBBALANCE, but it turns out my organization will not yet support BB10, and ordered my Z without realizing it.

I now use my 9930 for work, and I can switch out the Z and Q as my personal handset when I feel the need to mix it up!

I honestly love all 3 phones...Z when I need real estate, Q as my main BB10, but honestly...the 9930 is still my favorite keyboard and shorcuts/productivity BeAST!!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) and howards like this.
    08-09-13 09:47 AM
    I have a 9900 and a q10. Can't comment on a z10 as a result, but seeing as it has no keyboard, it is not even a contender for me.

you question is which one is better - so turning that back on you, I have to ask which one is better at what?

The Q10 is a nice fast device, and a modern smartphone. It has an excellent battery life, a wider selection of available apps and the ability to run android apps. Where it falls down compared to a 9930/9900 is in its customisability and its ease of use on standard phone functions. If you want a modern smart phone, and don't care about a few more button presses or swipes here and there, the q10 may be right up your street. If you care about speed of use, and the ability to set everything up precisely as you want it, then it is NOT, and you would be better advised looking at the 99xx phones.

To summarise, ignoring the Z10 as I said, good and bad for the phones are:

9930/9900:
    Speed Dialling from home screen, not available on q10
    great notification info and ability to act on them (holster opens latest message ) - q10's hub system is a bit of a 'marmite' experience in that you will either love it or hate it.
    Customisation capabilities greater - system fonts can be changed, better theming capabilities, 3rd party apps can tap into the OS to a far greater experience (e.g shortcutme on BBOS7 is amazing, on Q10 it is half as functional due to lack of API's)
    Trackpad is great for precision text selection and very fast for general phone navigation - gesture driven q10 has a steep learning curve which you WILL fall down on initially , and in many respects comes up lacking by comparison, particularly for text selection and general navigation.
    Charging contacts on bottom allow for a fantastic bedside mode experience when charging the phone at night in a stand - q10 has no such ability, and bedside mode does not allow the same level of customisation of incoming messages and calls.

Q10

Better battery - lasts a whole day easily and is still running long after a 99xx has conked out even if used to the same level or more
    Great native app selection with many of the latest releases on other platforms available and ability to load SOME android apps where there are some apps missing - not possible on 99xx phones
    HDMI output built in
    high resolution, autofocus camera with great software features - the 99xx camera is one of its recognised weakest points.

if you want a great smartphone a q10 is a good phone. If you want a great phone, a 99xx is far superior as a phone, but a lesser smartphone by modern standards. Which matters more to you is what you need to ask yourself.
    howards and revtech like this.
    08-09-13 06:36 PM
    The Bold 9930 is the better phone device but my answer is completely bias.
    08-14-13 07:00 PM
    I bounce around from phone to phone when the "new latest and greatest" comes out. I have had Blackberry's for years, as well as a number of Android and iPhone models as well. I currently have a 9930 with Verizon. I got the Z10 when it came out, and returned it the next day because the battery on it lasted all of about 2 hours until completely dead. The UI was ok, but was going to take some getting used to. Unfortunately the battery wouldn't allow me to learn it. Fast forward a few months and the Q10 comes out. Aside from the Verizon employee trying to talk me out of the phone at the store, I took it home and have used it for 12 days now. I just don't care for the new OS, lack of apps (even less than OS7... come on..) but most of all the lack of the legendary buttons. So for my personal choice, I'll stick with the 9930. Stable phone for my particular needs. Your mileage may vary.

I think offyoutoddle summarized it best between the Q10 and 99XX. The 9900/9930 is superior as a phone, but the Q10 is more modern, LTE etc.
    08-15-13 08:25 AM
    which one is the most latest blackberry blackberry q10 or q5
    10-22-13 11:22 AM
    which one is the most latest blackberry blackberry q10 or q5
    They both have the same software, and have come out within weeks of each other so not really a latest situation. However.....the Q5 has a non removable battery and has 8GB internal memory and is slightly cheaper. The Q10 has a removable battery, and 16GB of internal memory.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 05:53 AM