Man this argument is honestly very entertaining
    06-21-10 03:27 PM
    I've posted my opinion.
    I've posted FACTS to back up that opinion.

My mind is not set in stone, but it takes someone to make an educated case, using facts and not calling me a zealot or insulting my opinion to change my mind.

I also do not make claims I can not back up.
    06-21-10 03:50 PM
    geez, does EVERY thread need to turn in to a rant or abusive thread? This is crazy. The OP simply stated that he was unhappy with what happened and his desire to have some sort of auto-save or at least a warning about the battery. That's it. C'mon kids, lunch hour is over, time to come in off the playground.
    06-21-10 03:54 PM
    You are talkin' in circles.

Reach & Reach, but you will never touch the sky.

You need to learn how to have coordial discussions in a public forum.

Peace. Playa.
    06-21-10 03:55 PM
    geez, does EVERY thread need to turn in to a rant or abusive thread? This is crazy. The OP simply stated that he was unhappy with what happened and his desire to have some sort of auto-save or at least a warning about the battery. That's it. C'mon kids, lunch hour is over, time to come in off the playground.
    My premise all along. Sorry for my antics here.
    06-21-10 03:56 PM
    I really don't see how video recording for 30mins will drain your battery fully.
    It's a 9700; the best BlackBerry battery life on the market.

Clearly the OP's battery was NOT fully charged. Don't blame RIM. Blame your lack of responsibility.
    06-21-10 04:11 PM
    When ever I go camping I bring a portable charger. Got it in tmobile. They are on clearance now I think also.
    06-21-10 06:51 PM
    Wow at Brad, lol! Are your fingers stubs now from typing so much, lol!

Amazing! All over a battery/video recorder=hysterical!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 01:34 AM
    anyone that runs their phone to the point of turning off is just plain stupid to begin with.

I cannot even believe this.... What genius uses a phone or a camera, let alone a video camera with that low of battery?????

Wow. This thread is major fail.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lololol you kill me!
    06-22-10 03:26 AM
    Wow at Brad, lol! Are your fingers stubs now from typing so much, lol!

Amazing! All over a battery/video recorder=hysterical!
    lol. Not really. I tapped it out on the computer instead of my BB.
    Really sorry about that. I feel so bad about the long read.

It just seems that no matter what the subject here, there is always someone that comes in here as an "expert" on the subject. Not that this is impossible with over 1 million members, but if I stated "I wish I had a bigger shovel for horse droppings", there would be an "expert" to say. "Oh, I have been shoveling horse droppings for the past 20 years at Belmont." "You need to start with a #2 shovel, then finish with a number 3 shovel...."

I guess that wouldn't be so bad if people didn't call our newbie members stupid & dumb (repeatedly over & over after being asked to cease) without knowing the full scope of the issues at hand. They want to dominate the threads, and quote & pick off any/each/every member that has different opinions.

IMO. Most likely, none of these "intellectually superior than the rest of us" people have ever stepped foot into the RIM corporate headquarters, much less their R & D department (Which no one has access to). This is why we speculate on new devices, and new OS upgrades are always a pleasant surprise.

These development "facts" have nothing to do with RIM. They also have nothing to do with the OP. It's all for show, and post counts, and enables the "real simple minded" to continue to quote the blatant disrespect as if it is OK to do so. It's always a joke, when the joke is NOT on you.

I will reserve my judgement until I get more information, or test it myself.

Once again, My apologies.
    06-22-10 04:00 AM
    It just seems that no matter what the subject here, there is always someone that comes in here as an "expert" on the subject.
    This is OBVIOUSLY directed at me, but show me where I claim to be an expert and show me where you have posted anything to back up your opinions?

I guess that wouldn't be so bad if people didn't call our newbie members stupid & dumb (repeatedly over & over after being asked to cease) without knowing the full scope of the issues at hand. They want to dominate the threads, and quote & pick off any/each/every member that has different opinions.
    Really, yes, a few people called them stupid, but I never did. I said what they DID was stupid, but that does not make THEM stupid? Have you never done something stupid? When you looked back and said "That was stupid of me!" were you calling yourself stupid?

But, you have JUMPED on EVERY single person here who has defended RIM for not having this feature, and who has tried to post LOGICAL reasons why it's a waste of time and resources.

YOU have done the "quote & pick off any/each/every member that has different opinions" more than anyone else in this thread.

IMO. Most likely, none of these "intellectually superior than the rest of us" people have ever stepped foot into the RIM corporate headquarters, much less their R & D department (Which no one has access to). This is why we speculate on new devices, and new OS upgrades are always a pleasant surprise.
    Never been in RIM's R&D, but I have worked in R&D on hardware/software integration for companies like NCR, Reliance and IBM. (And, Quality Control for ZF Industries, but that was a line of Transmissions, not tech.)

And, I'm currently an ALPHA tester for a couple of BlackBerry software developers that take advantage of many of the features discussed here such as the Camera, GPS, Power management, least cost connectivity, and remote accessing data API's. - I only bring that up to defend myself from your hateful attacks and your accusations. SO, no, I won't pretend to tell you the floor plan, or the roster of the R&D staff at RIM, but I DO KNOW how R&D and project development works. Been there, done that, got tired of trying to make everyone and their 3rd cousin, twice removed happy!!!

Now, I will ask you again, PLEASE POST FACTS and DATA to back up your OPINION of why this is a reasonable request for RIM and quit attacking those of us that have made REASONABLE and LOGICAL posts.

And, more importantly, quit lumping us all into one big group of HATERS. Do I think the OP was stupid? NO
    I think they screwed up, did something stupid and are trying to put the blame off on RIM. Maybe for no other reason than to make themselves feel better, or maybe they honestly think it is RIM's fault they lost their video file. I'm not a shrink and I don't pretend to be, and I put that discaimer on there before you accuse me of claiming to be one!

I will stand by that it was THEIR responsibility, not RIM, to make sure that their video got saved out.

I have also posted advice on how to possibly recover the lost data from the memory card. (How much advice for the OP have you posted????)

I am not a zealot as you accuse. There are a LOT of things that I will take RIM to task over and admit they screw up. But, for what they do, and the product they make, they are great. And when someone comes on a public forum and ATTACKS THEM and FALSELY BLAMES them for their lost video (And that's what the OP did), I will defend them.

When people come on here and say "Well the iPhone does this...." or "The Droid does that..." I remind them that, this is not APPLE or MOTOROLA... it's RIM. If that feature is so imporant to them, they should switch devices. It is UNREASONABLE to ask RIM to change to be like others when one of RIM's biggest claims to fame is NOT being like everyone else. They've been pioneers. Did you see the article in the blogs about how most of the NEW features in the iPhone OS4, BlackBerry's have done for years? Well, RIM can't stay ahead of that curve if they are spending all of their R&D time and money trying to add non-sense features just because someone lost a video file and some other device could have saved it automatically for them.

Now, if you want to tear and pick this post apart and attack me word for word, taking what I said out of context as you have so many times, (And as you accuse others of doing) go ahead, it only proves my point that you can do nothing but attack the poster, and not the facts.

If you want to continue the discussion, go back to the FACTS I posted in my original reply to you where you asked us to give you REASONS why we thought this was unreasonable and post some FACTS to change my mind. My mind is not set in stone on this subject. But, until you give me facts, I have no reason to change my mind.

Calling me a zealot, accusing me of claiming to be an expert, taking my words out of context, accusing me of things I never said.... Those only serve to HARDEN my resolve that I am right because you attack me, and not the facts.
    06-22-10 07:22 AM
    Here's a little story taught to me by a manager in the R&D department at NCR....

An old man and his grandson were walking into town to get some grain. They brought their donkey along to carry the grain back to the farm.

As they passed some old ladies, the old ladies berated the little boy for making his grandfather walk when the donkey could carry him and the little boy lead. The grandfather thinks this is reasonable. So, the old man gets up on the donkey and the little boy leads them down the road.

Then, they pass some other farmers and the farmers berate the old man for riding the donkey and making his poor little grandson walk when the donkey could carry both of them. Again, the Grandfather thought the point was reasonable and lifted the little boy up on the donkey in front of him and down the road they went.

A few miles later, they pass by some animal rights activists that just give them all kinds of grief about how they are making that poor donkey carry them, then they will make the poor donkey carry the grain back. The donkey has rights to!!! They should carry the donkey into town to let it rest for the trip home. Again, the grandfather thinks this is reasonable, after all, if the donkey is rested, it can carry more grain.

So, they tied the donkeys feet together, run a log between his legs and hoist him up, on their shoulders upside down. As they cross the foot bridge over the river, the donkey gets scared and starts bucking... the little boy loses his grip and the donkey falls into the water. With his feet tied together, the poor thing drowns.

The moral of the story:
    "If you try to make everyone happy, you'll probably lose your a$$ in the end!"
    06-22-10 07:33 AM
    Very creative...
    06-22-10 07:36 AM
    Very creative...
    It was part of his "Welcome to the job" speech on not getting stressed out on the "requests" we would be getting.

I remember it almost as clear as I do my first day of High School physics where the teacher had us imagine naked people standing close together on his desk to represent molecules, how they had to be close and still or risk falling off... they were a SOLID. Then, he started poking the air over his desk and said "If I start tickling these naked people, they are going to move around, get loose, maybe one fall off the desk" that meant they were the molecules in water. Then, he said, "If I do this..." and pulled out a butcher knife and started swinging it... "There will be naked people running all over the place trying to get as far away from here as fast as they can!" That would make them GAS.

When someone makes a good point, it sticks with you the rest of your life.
    06-22-10 07:55 AM
    Very creative...
    Yes. Very.
    06-22-10 08:18 AM
    So funny. You know what my math teacher taught us?

Any algebra problem must have the variables which are calculated prior to coming up with a result.

There are those who think they can post their own "facts" without figuring out the OP's variables first. And also choose to not to wait for the variables to be revealed first.

I choose to have intelligent positioning myself..............
    Now it's the "wallow in your own grandios superiority" time is it?

No real repsonse is needed by me.

Just read the thread. What I say bears out.

Stop crying now, Bully.
    06-22-10 08:29 AM
    Any algebra problem must have the variables which are calculated prior to coming up with a result.
    I seem to have made that point in reply to you a LONG time ago. That there are so many variables that it's almost impossible to calculate the exact time the battery would die. So, to make this feature effective, they would have to play it safe and set the cut off at a higher level, like 15% or more. Then, people would b!tch and moan that it cut off before they were done, or, they were at 12% of battery and only wanted to record 5 seconds but the device wouldn't let them.

That's why I have also stated that RIM is in a no win situation with it. They can't make everyone happy.

Stop crying now, Bully.
    Again with the personal insults and name calling. This from the person that has ranted how many times now ACCUSING me, and others of calling the OP names???

I'll ask you again, what ADVICE have you contributed to the OP to help them recover their lost data? What have you CONTRIBUTED to the discussion that was not to pick apart another person on a PERSONAL level and attack THEM and not the facts??

Thank you for proving my point that it has been YOU that has kept this from being an intelligent, rational, logical discussion on the OP's problem and request.
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 06-22-10 at 08:47 AM.
    06-22-10 08:42 AM
    I laughed @ the OP and the posts...this thread is funny to me...I don't know too many details on what happened in this situation so I'll say this...IF you knew your battery was low when you started recording then please by all means SLAP YOURSELF....but IF you had a bunch of juice in the battery and thought you'd have enough for your vid I can understand your frustration...but either way its pointless for blaming RIM for something that you may or may not have assumed that your BB to do
    06-22-10 08:55 AM
    You claim that you are not an expert... But, You choose to send us your resume' as if that would create credibility.

You have been quoted several times questioning peoples intelligence and calling them dumb etc. Claiming they should not have current devices and such.

You need to get the thread back to where it needs to be... On topic.
    There is no need to keep quoting me, and following me around.
    You and I cannot obviously discuss this matter.
    Unlike your tales, my conversation was with only 1 in this thread really.
    You picked me out to show your expertise in all things we call RIM.

You're too busy explaining "how things are done". By your book.

I provided the definition of a Zealot. It fits you.
    I do not think the definition of dumb or stupid fits anyone in this thread, aside from those using the word themselves.
    06-22-10 08:55 AM
    You have been quoted several times questioning peoples intelligence and calling them dumb etc. Claiming they should not have current devices and such.

PROVE IT! Show me where I have made a direct INSULT to someone and not a generalize statement.

You won't prove it because you CAN'T prove it without taking words out of context and twisting them. I have been VERY careful to make sure anything I said like that was a GENERALIZED statement and not directed at anyone.

Stop with your out right LIES about what I've said!

You need to get the thread back to where it needs to be... On topic.
    There is no need to keep quoting me, and following me around.
    You and I cannot obviously discuss this matter.
    HELLO??? Have you not read what I've posted?? I've asked you how many times to get off your personal attacks of me and get back to the facts????

I provided the definition of a Zealot. It fits you.
    Again with the name calling.

I do not think the definition of dumb or stupid fits anyone in this thread, aside from those using the word themselves.
    And, I agree. That's why I've never said any one person was dumb or stupid. I've said what they did was dumb or stupid, and we all make stupid mistakes...
    And, I've made generalized statements that concepst were stupid, actions were stupid. But, show me ONE THREAD where I have directly called ANY OTHER PERSON stupid, dumb or anything. You can't because I haven't.

The best you will be able to do is take a quote out of context and try to spin it into an insult like you do.

Now, I have nothing else to say to you unless you do what I have asked SEVERAL TIMES now... discuss the facts, address my reasons for saying the request is unreasonable without attacking ME in the process. Give me a logical reason why this is not a waste of RIM's time and resources. Tell me how it was RIM's fault and not the OP's for not making sure his video got saved.
    You seem to agree that battery management is the users responisibilty, how about file saving? Is that not?

I'm trying to get back on topic. You keep dragging this into a personal attack.

EDIT - I'm not a zealot like you claim. I'm more than willing to change my mind if someone posts educated facts, and reasonable logic to convince me I'm wrong. And, I've said that more than one time in this thread. You can't call a person that is willing and open to logical discussion a zealot when you are not willing to post anything to change their mind other than personal insults.
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 06-22-10 at 09:30 AM.
    06-22-10 09:11 AM
    You two need to take a break...call a truce; have a beer! I am right and YoU aRe aLl WrOnG...
    06-22-10 09:14 AM
    I laughed @ the OP and the posts...this thread is funny to me...I don't know too many details on what happened in this situation so I'll say this...IF you knew your battery was low when you started recording then please by all means SLAP YOURSELF....but IF you had a bunch of juice in the battery and thought you'd have enough for your vid I can understand your frustration...but either way its pointless for blaming RIM for something that you may or may not have assumed that your BB to do
    AMEN my friend.

Be careful though, you will be labled a ZEALOT for not CRUCIFYING RIM over the OP's mistake.
    06-22-10 09:14 AM
    You two need to take a break...call a truce; have a beer! I am right and YoU aRe aLl WrOnG...
    jshuford.... In the back of my mind, I knew you were right.........

I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO ADMIT ANY WRONG DOING ON MY PART!!!!

Ha Ha.

Good will to all!!!!
    06-22-10 09:35 AM
    I am SO glad I left this thread when I did.
    06-22-10 09:59 AM
    Oh wow! Someone with common sense that knows how to check a battery gauge...

On a separate note... I just had 15 imaginary programmers email ME saying someone in this thread is full of crap....
    hahaha nice! but really i would figure everyone would atleast check there battery lever i mean even if you dont i know when the battery drops to one bar i beileve it turns yellow and i know vthat sticks out t o me when my batt gets to low, i mean like i said i understand why the OP was frustrated but honestly just look at the battery level.....its right there, you dont need to go into another menu to see it or anything, its always displayed for you
    06-22-10 05:10 PM
154 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD