I Just called Crackberry's store asking about what kind of microSDHC card to install, and the CSR said that the Bold 9930 will have a 8GB microsSDHC preinstalled? I told him "Don't you mean it's 8GB INTERNALLY?" and he said, no, it's 8GB MiscroSDHC card inside?? I thought that from everything I've read, it has 8GB INTERNALLY, and NO microSDHC card included. Please somone with knowledge about the whole MicroSDHC card for Bold 9930 please help me! My original plan was to get a Sandisk 8gb microSDHC card to agment the already pre-installed 8GB internal memory card, making it a nice 16gb media all around....so PLEASE any one who really knows what the **** they're talking about, PLEASE clear this up for me, thanks
    08-01-11 11:26 AM
    first off, take it easy.

there is 8gb internal memory for media storage.

If a phone ships with a memory card it is up to the carrier to determine that.
    Call your provider and see what they are going to do
    dunnsantee and leftypepper716 like this.
    08-01-11 11:29 AM
    They usually ship with a 2gb card. No way CB store would know what they ship with. It is possible that there is NO card installed. The 2GB card is a waste of money but then again it likely did not cost but a few bucks. I got a drawer full of those little buggers

Remain calm. I would wait till you get your phone as there is plenty of on board memory to handle the job till you find out what you want. Each carrier decides what is in the box including the memory card.

You must also remember that all the 8gb internal memory will not be available. I would get a larger memory card and keep ALL of you media files on the card and off the device.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-01-11 at 11:56 AM.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    08-01-11 11:48 AM
    They usually ship with a 2gb card. No way CB store would know what they ship with. It is possible that there is NO card installed. The 2GB card is a waste of money but then again it likely did not cost but a few bucks. I got a drawer full of those little buggers

Remain calm. I would wait till you get your phone as there is plenty of on board memory to handle the job till you find out what you want. Each carrier decides what is in the box including the memory card.

You must also remember that all the 8gb internal memory will not be available. I would get a larger memory card and keep ALL of you media files on the card and off the device.
    Cost them a few dollars? haha.. They are buying it in bulk.. talking about millions and millions of Micro SD cards.. more like a few pennies each..

And chances are they include atleast a 4GB micro SD or maybe even 8GB. Sure it up to carrier, but they are normally always the same. I highly doubt they would include none because "there is 8GB internal, thats all you need" because it isn't... You need to backup your app settings etc. on an external card so you don't lose them if you choose to update or reformat or w.e. They can easily make money off of each sale of the 9930 if they threw in a 4 or 8GB micro sd and threw an extra dollar onto the price of each phone so why in the **** would they not do it? It's basic business.. If money can easily be made, why not do it... Sure it might only be a profit of like a few million dollars from simply adding a micro sd to the mix, and I know, I know.. A few million isn't a lot to them, but CMON why throw away a few million dollars!
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    08-01-11 12:08 PM
    Thanks for all the advice. Seems like a good plan, wait until the Bold 9930 for Sprint is released, see if? they include at least a 8gb microsdhc card with it, if not, no biggie, I'll just spend an extra $20.00 or so on a Sandisk 8gb microSDHC class 2, or try out a Kingston 16gb microSDHC class 4 at approx the same price. A total of 16-24gb for basically mp3's and pics and just a few videos will do me i'm sure for the 2yrs I hang on to the Bold 9930
    08-01-11 12:26 PM
    Not been released yet, nobody knows, drink less coffee, end story.
    08-01-11 12:52 PM
    It does have 8GBs integrated into the chip. and I think it may also come with an 8gb SD card.

Hope that helps clarify.
    08-01-11 12:55 PM
    Verizon typically has a larger card with their devices. AT&T usually gives the 2GB cards.
    08-01-11 12:59 PM
    Verizon typically has a larger card with their devices. AT&T usually gives the 2GB cards.
    AT&T needs to skip it as 2gb is usually replaced by the user. BUT, for some 2gb is way more than they will ever use.
    08-01-11 01:03 PM
    I'm hoping that Sprint will include a 8GB MicroSDHC (hopefully Class 4) Sandisk w/the Bold 9930...but not getting my hopes up.
    08-01-11 01:37 PM
    My storm 2 came with a 16GB card when I purchased it so it doesn't matter if the 9930 comes with one or not for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 01:56 PM
    I'm hoping that Sprint will include a 8GB MicroSDHC (hopefully Class 4) Sandisk w/the Bold 9930...but not getting my hopes up.
    Just to give you a heads up, my fiance' got the Style from Sprint and it came with an 8gb MicroSDHC Sandisk. Im quite sure that it will come with a 8gb min card.....fingers crossed.
    08-01-11 02:13 PM
    My Storm2 came with a 16GB when I bought, so on Verizon I expect an 8GB to come with...

08-01-11 03:00 PM
    There will be extra cards floating around, no worries on that! I'll give you my extra 8 for 10 bucks if push comes to shove. I'll give it to you for what I paid for it. No charge for shipping. BUT lets see what the carriers do first.
    08-01-11 03:03 PM
    Just to give you a heads up, my fiance' got the Style from Sprint and it came with an 8gb MicroSDHC Sandisk. Im quite sure that it will come with a 8gb min card.....fingers crossed.
    LOL My fiance got a BB Style in March, and yes, there is an 8GB Sandisk MicroSDHC included, BUT when the Bold 9930 comes out, it will have 8GB internal media, so I'm not sure IF? Sprint will add an additional MicroSDHC 8GB with it, or just leave it blank (for us who purchase the Bold 9930 to buy and install our own MicroSDHC card, up to 32GB of course )

08-01-11 03:13 PM
    LOL My fiance got a BB Style in March, and yes, there is an 8GB Sandisk MicroSDHC included, BUT when the Bold 9930 comes out, it will have 8GB internal media, so I'm not sure IF? Sprint will add an additional MicroSDHC 8GB with it, or just leave it blank (for us who purchase the Bold 9930 to buy and install our own MicroSDHC card, up to 32GB of course )

I'm sure mine will have a 16GB card, the same one that came with my Storm 2 and is now in my Bold, and whatever comes with the 9930 (or 9900 if I change carriers) will go somewhere else. Plus I already have 2 8GB cards, 1 in my Droid wifi (my "mini tablet"), and 1 taking up space that I bought for 10 bucks for the Dell Streak 7 that I just returned today. (HATED IT!!!!)
    08-01-11 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD