I am in deep trouble, I stripped 4/6 screws on my bold
    what do i doooo
    07-15-09 11:51 PM
    I think that cnn.cn site sells the screws, maybe others too. You might even be able to pick some up at Lowe's or HD or Fry's.

At what point did you strip them? taking apart, reassembly? If you can find an Easy-Out that's small enough, you could maybe use that to remove the stripped screws. They are like reversed drill bits.
    07-16-09 12:59 AM
    i was about to take it apart to switch the bezel, and it just screwed me over .
    Anyway i bought new ones for 7$ from ebay but now im just worried about how i am going to take the current screws off :s
    im going to try tweezers tomorrow.
    07-16-09 01:10 AM
    If you have an auto parts or hardware store nearby, see if they have an Easy Out that is small enough to fit in the top of the screws. It twists itself in and allows you to unscrew the stripped ones.

Example:
    07-16-09 02:02 AM
    I'm changing my bezel and taking my bold apart for the first time when my parts come in...now I'm worried haha.

But, I know, "just take your time and be patient".
    Last edited by Jonneh; 07-16-09 at 02:09 PM.
    07-16-09 01:24 PM
    I'm changing my bezel and taking my bold apart for the first time when my parts come on...now I'm worried haha.

But, I know, "just take your time and be patient".
    And order extra screws.
    07-16-09 01:37 PM
    I have no doubt you will be able to snap the head off the screw easily. They are very fragile...speaking from experience

Try getting a better torx driver as well, sometimes the cheaper t5 drivers don't fit right and seems that the screws are stripped, but a better driver fits in great.
    07-16-09 01:39 PM
    And order extra screws.
    lol yeah I didn't do that. Maybe I'll do that now though.
    07-16-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD