Hi everyone, a newbie here. Im new to BB's, and the Bold was my dive into their world. Im on Voda UK, running 5.0.0.586 (I think lol) Can I/should I upgrade? if so how do i do it, im a bit thick with owt like this lol.
    05-22-10 01:17 AM
    Hi everyone, a newbie here. Im new to BB's, and the Bold was my dive into their world. Im on Voda UK, running 5.0.0.586 (I think lol) Can I/should I upgrade? if so how do i do it, im a bit thick with owt like this lol.
    Based on my experience of this software .656 for the last 72 hrs, I suggest you remain on the on you're at. That has been the best release thus far imho, .656 seems to have a shorter battery life whilst in 3G, I am only getting a day or so useage out of it compared to the 2 days I got with the version you're on.
    05-23-10 05:34 PM
    Ok so I'm getting a couple weird things. First thing is that, when I receive an sms through Crunchsms, I have it set to a green led light. I'm not sure what you have to change to use buzz me and crunchsms at the same time, but I have to open my text message, AND open my email messages box to get the led to stop flashing. I already blocked native sms using the firewall. Any suggestions? Also one more thing, I rmember before updating that I had over at least 100k+ kb's of ram most of the time, now after the update I have significantly less, with big fluxuations.. Not sure if I should keep this update. Also, if someone has a little extra time, could someone pm me an overview of what needs to be off and on, so I can keep Buzzme running while controlling it from the profiles on the homescreen? Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 03:43 AM
    Hi experts, I've upgraded OS from .586 to Turkcell .656 yesterday. Sluggish at first but after few batt pull it gets better. But I've observed that the battery drained pretty bad and my 9700 gets hot most of the time, between 32degrees C- 39deg C based on meterberry log. Should I downgrade to .593? I love the bootup speed and browsing speed .656 btw.

Thank you in advance .

05-24-10 03:51 AM
    Total file free should have increased with this release, though RAM would be about the same. Maybe a slight decrease. Never used an SMS app or buzz me, so I can't comment on those.

Give the OS time to settle in, for your battery. The pulls would have increased heat and dropped life a bunch. Once the OS and apps fully integrate, it should be back to normal.

WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

I hear tell you�re doin� well, good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm, and you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

05-24-10 05:05 AM
    Thanks! Yeah probably i'll wait for few more days for it to settle down. Will update here the outcome.
    05-24-10 02:46 PM
    ive noticed the battery life to be somewhat poor on this OS. ive been using it since its first release as beta, and the battery life begins diminishing within the first hour of normal use. its definitely not as good as the previous OS. ive also noticed alot of freezing and lagging, sometimes requiring 3 battery pulls a day. not to mention, the battery gets very hot while charging. if this keeps up, i may go back to the previous OS.
    05-25-10 12:39 AM
    Music player stops completely when there are incoming messages (bbm/sms/email). This wasn't present from previous builds if i do recall correctly. Is there a setting somewhere where i can prevent the stopping?

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers
    05-25-10 02:23 AM
    Music player stops completely when there are incoming messages (bbm/sms/email). This wasn't present from previous builds if i do recall correctly. Is there a setting somewhere where i can prevent the stopping?

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers
    mine doesnt, it only stops for phone calls then resumes onces the call has ended.
    05-25-10 03:02 AM
    ive noticed the battery life to be somewhat poor on this OS. ive been using it since its first release as beta, and the battery life begins diminishing within the first hour of normal use. its definitely not as good as the previous OS. ive also noticed alot of freezing and lagging, sometimes requiring 3 battery pulls a day. not to mention, the battery gets very hot while charging. if this keeps up, i may go back to the previous OS.
    I agree with you about the battery life on this OS. I'm not too happy with it. Everything else seems to be fine... No lags or freezes... I've been thinking about downgrading as well.
    Last edited by all_mine; 05-25-10 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
    05-25-10 08:25 AM
    tried this for a while but rolled back to .593 battery ran hot and the battery drained faster as well, boot times went from 2 mn to 7 mn and somehow my memory cleaner had a lock on it and couldnt change to disable. after switching back to .593 the lock is still locked not sure what this os did but still cant be changed and was never ther till .656, im on bis, so may wipe phone and reload this weekend
    05-25-10 08:40 AM
    mine doesnt, it only stops for phone calls then resumes onces the call has ended.
    if we're both on .656 howcome mine is different. i havent changed any settings. the music stopping fully during ANY incoming calls/sms/bmm/email is getting irritating. anyone got a solution to this?
    05-25-10 02:01 PM
    if we're both on .656 howcome mine is different. i havent changed any settings. the music stopping fully during ANY incoming calls/sms/bmm/email is getting irritating. anyone got a solution to this?
    Only solution I know, is running it on silent or phone calls only when using media.

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-25-10 02:06 PM
    So I updated to this OS about a week ago, everything was going fine but now I'm noticing problems.
    It has duplicated all of my contacts 2 to 4 times in my phonebook, erasing them only works until the phone is restarted and then they all duplicate again. Also my email has decided to not let me reply to anything, saying that I need to set up my email, even though its already set up.
    Not too happy with the OS, I'm def going to downgrade.
    05-25-10 02:34 PM
    Only solution I know, is running it on silent or phone calls only when using media.

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

You're da man!! thanks for this semi-solution. works for the time being
    05-25-10 04:47 PM
    [QUOTE=BigBadWulf;5155277]Total file free should have increased with this release, though RAM would be about the same. Maybe a slight decrease. Never used an SMS app or buzz me, so I can't comment on those.

Give the OS time to settle in, for your battery. The pulls would have increased heat and dropped life a bunch. Once the OS and apps fully integrate, it should be back to normal.

Thanks for your advice BigBadWulf.. its getting better and better on batt life. Batt discharge rate averaging around 3% for the last 6 hours. But battery getting warm problem is still there. It hovers around 30c to 32c when not being used. But it can get really hot when i start BBMing or use whatsapp. It could shoot up to 39degrees Celcius. Should i be worried?
    05-26-10 07:33 AM
191 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD