[size=3][b][font=comicsans][color=#000066]This one �?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That one, but lowercase. Works in BBM & e-mail, just not text messages.
    05-17-10 10:21 PM
    This isn't 100% true... while it has read support for All Languages, it doesn't have Input support for some, specifically Japanese. I, too, hope they come out with a Japanese input support version soon.

If it doesn't have the j in the filename, then it doesn't support Japanese input. I can't speak for other language input however.
    thanks so much for the info! nobody answered like you did! i was gonna upgrade from .545 but will just stay where i am.
    05-17-10 10:33 PM
    Anyone else notice that the annoying alt+del feature is gone.

05-18-10 02:38 PM
    What annoying alt + del feature?

05-18-10 02:40 PM
    .593 has an East Asia version.

There is no .656 East Asia build available yet, just Multi Language and All Language.

Thank you. Think I'm go back to that one then! It gave me a new font that I fell in love with! Thank you.

05-18-10 03:03 PM
    Use Shrink-A-OS.

If you have BlackBerry maps installed there should be an icon for it. Check under Application. I prefer Google maps, though.

Turkcell .656 is an All Language version, which means it has BOTH Multilang and EastAsia language pack in it. In other words, you can't go wrong with All Language version.

There should be options for installing those languages during installation.

Hope this helps.
    I downloaded it and went to install the official .656 (running the leaked version now) and it had EVERY language in the book, but I didn't see the East Asian option. Lol

05-18-10 03:11 PM
    has anybody heard anything about the release of the .586 version for the BB Bold? i know that everybody's more concerned with the other software updates like the .593 and higher, but i'm looking for the .586 and there was word that it was supposed to be released today. still nothing. any ideas as to when it will officially be released?

05-18-10 03:59 PM
    thanks so much for the info! nobody answered like you did! i was gonna upgrade from .545 but will just stay where i am.
    There is an EastAsia version of .593 that has Japanese input. It's a great build and worth a try!
    05-18-10 04:30 PM
    .656 seems very stable! It's has faster download speed than .405 on ATT NY area newtork. The native font is small, but readable. (Users configurable as always.) Alt+Del erasing SMS text is thankfully gone! Batter drain issue that bbecome a problem since the May 4 Gmail upgrade.

Gmail "Enhanced"plug-in still as irritating as before, as only emails in inbox are visible, unless you viewing the MESSAGES folder. However, you can easily delete the net_rim_bb_gmail.alx file after deleting the vendor.xml and before loading the OS.

Friendly suggestion, if you've been travelling a lot (as I have) and have also been loading and deleting apps to optimize your bb life, backup you data, save your third party apps, wipe your device - including 3rd party apps, brick the phone (CrackMem or similar tool) and then reload all your apps followed by your data. To assure that you don't reload corrupted data, reload backed-up data using the advanced feature rather than RESTORE, and do it item by item.
    05-18-10 06:14 PM
    I frequently tether my 9700 through bluetooth. I upgraded to the leaked .656 when it first came out. Then I had odd problems with my tether connection becoming very slow, and then not being able to connect at all. When I deleted the profile from my phone and netbook, I couldn't pair again (this pairing problem was not new to .656 -- I'd had it before). After struggling to get it re-paired, it worked fine for a day or so and then had the same problem again. I went through this several times before it even occurred to me that .656 could be at fault. I down-graded to .593 and the problem hasn't recurred -- yet. It doesn't make sense that this should be an OS problem. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
    05-18-10 08:33 PM
    this is straight from a newbie as far as upgrading goes. i have been with the 'stock' att blackberry os and decided to try this one out. it worked, and i had to re-install all third party apps (which i didn't know), but there are a few subtle differences. one is in text messaging and the 'stripes' being colored (blue); the camera icons are different, but good. the boot time is faster, and seems to be faster in general. 3G seems to be about the same as it was (i never had a problem with it in South Louisiana); no problems with pandora, and the best thing--the text issue with alt-delete is no longer present. so, be nice. i'm not that experienced on change-logs et al....
    05-18-10 09:15 PM

Okay I deleted the .xml file and then run the apploader and then I get to this. I have no idea what to do because there's no option to update the OS. I've been asking about this for a while and still haven't gotten any real help. So please help haha.
    I had the same problem. Do a wipe, Options>Security Options>Security Wipe, then try it. It solved the problem for me.
    05-18-10 10:56 PM
    has anybody heard anything about the release of the .586 version for the BB Bold? i know that everybody's more concerned with the other software updates like the .593 and higher, but i'm looking for the .586 and there was word that it was supposed to be released today. still nothing. any ideas as to when it will officially be released?

Was going to update to this today and noticed Desktop offered .586. Gonna give that a shot instead i guess...
    05-18-10 11:06 PM
    It's going to be the same exact 586, that was released officially a while ago.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-18-10 11:16 PM
    Installed .656 last night on my unlocked AT&T Bold 9700 device. Now my device wold take ages to boot up, sometimes getting an application error message. In addition, free memory dropped by at least 20MB. This I find strange as with OS upgrades, you will normally see an increase in free memory instead of a decrease. Anybody else experiencing the same?

Now I'm tempted to completely wipe my device and re-install the OS with the risk of loosing all my BBM contacts. Any advice is highly appreciated.
    05-19-10 05:50 AM
    Should have seen a slight drop. Run the installer again for the OS, and choose repair. May not have fully installed on your PC. Then run loader again, after you delete the vendor.xml it will add back to the App Loader folder. Any missing files will be installed.
    If you want to be sure and not loose contacts, make sure they are added to your addy, and set up Remote Backup. I have it use my BlackBerry email, so there's no chance when I use it that it ends up in a spam folder.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

05-19-10 06:05 AM
    Thanks for the advice, BigBadWulf. Will try to do that. However, I have already activated remote backup a few OS versions ago and have them linked to my phonebook as well. On several occassions, even with remote backup activated, I would only have one BBM group restored. At least before .593 that is.
    05-19-10 06:37 AM
    Thanks for the advice, BigBadWulf. Will try to do that. However, I have already activated remote backup a few OS versions ago and have them linked to my phonebook as well. On several occassions, even with remote backup activated, I would only have one BBM group restored. At least before .593 that is.
    Ahh, well the groups can be a problem. Don't think it's an OS issue at all, just something RIM needs to resolve. I did an upgrade last night, and with beta BBM it did load everything correctly. Shocked the heck out of me. I always delete BBM, and install after the upgrade, but was rushing and forgot.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

05-19-10 06:56 AM
    Hey,

I just upgraded and the phone is working fine.
    BUT, when I used to press the lock key on the top left, the phone would lock and require a password. I need that, or another way to lock the phone.

NOW, when I press that key or hold down the A key it only locks the keypad and not the phone (so no password is required).

Can anybody suggest an alternative to lock the phone with a password with a one touch button.

Thanks
    05-19-10 08:31 AM
    This issue has been discussed when previous OS updates introduced this change. I guess a 3rd party app might be your solution if available.
    05-19-10 04:07 PM
    Hey guys I'm on a Wind Mobile 9700 (Band I, IV AWS version), and this firmware had some noticeable issues for me, to the point where I've gone back to .400 (The last official WIND release).

First off, I experienced performance issues which were my main reason for downgrading. My signal strength with .656 is less stable, often times in areas where I usually get 5 bars it will randomly go from 2-5 bars. Applications seem to be using more resources on the device (causing the O.S. to hang while the app finishes), and the browser seems to be much slower making the initial 3G HTTP connections.

Secondly, the buttons on the top for keyboard lock and standby no longer work whatsoever for some odd reason. Couldn't find any way of changing what those buttons do in the menu system, but I'm still new to Blackberries.

In other words, avoid this like the plague if you are a WIND Mobile user here in Canada.
    05-19-10 05:28 PM
    ...Secondly, the buttons on the top for keyboard lock and standby no longer work whatsoever for some odd reason. Couldn't find any way of changing what those buttons do in the menu system, but I'm still new to Blackberries...
    Yup... and still new to the search button
    05-19-10 05:40 PM
    Yup... and still new to the search button
    If you read my post carefully you'd understand the performance issues were enough for me to downgrade.. So I wasn't really searching for or "asking" for a fix to the top button issue...
    05-19-10 07:22 PM
    If you read my post carefully you'd understand the performance issues were enough for me to downgrade.. So I wasn't really searching for or "asking" for a fix to the top button issue...
    I did read your post.

I ignored the performance issues bit, as nobody else is experiencing this. Probably due to a poor install.

The top button isn't an issue either, it's a feature and the way RIM intend it to be now. There is no fix for it.
    05-19-10 07:55 PM
    Your resources should be lower, mine were. The top buttons, The new way, and way the device was intended to be used, is well described here. Cheer up Phil, it's home at least

Click Here To Be Banned*

05-19-10 08:54 PM
191 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD