The other day I noticed in my address book sometimes entries were coming up multiple times; not always duplicates, i have seen it do up to 5 of the same entry, its usually not the same when I go back. Last night my friend Jeremy called me but it came up as Speedway when he called(where he works). So I decided I would wipe my device and install this new OS I have been meaning to do anyways. I did and reloaded everything I backed up. OS works fine. But I am still having trouble with my address book. Any suggestions?
    05-16-10 09:03 PM
    e-installed this OS again, taking a big risk. I downloaded it from RIM's official website this time, rather than TurkCell's. And the carrier I apparently got it through is AVEA. And now, everything works great. No lagging like with .593, and the Wi-Fi has officially connected great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 12:39 AM
    Can anyone provide me this file from .656? I want to install it to see if it would fix the SMS bug.

net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod
    05-17-10 12:53 AM
    Hi all, I have installed the TurkCell .656 and everything was all good, meterberry's battery(Ave Discharge Rate - ADR) is 0.6% and I would switch my bb off when I go to bed. Not until yesterday, before I went to bed, I discovered my BBM version was only 5.0.0 and under [Applications->Core], so I went ahead to overwrite with the leaked BBM 5.0.0.66. This morning when I woke up and found my bb's battery was discharging at 1-2% every hour when I off it. The ADR is 1.4% since... I even did a battery pull but the ADR remains the same. Any body experiencing the same thing? Should I just go back to BBM version 5.0.0???
    05-17-10 04:29 AM
    Best OS ever for me!
    Best battery life, best reaction time, best memory!
    I gained 10 extra mb's after upgrading, my phone has been of the charger for 24 hours and im still at 10% battery.
    I daily run msn, bbm, ubertwitter and get in my emails.
    Haleluja!
    05-17-10 05:44 AM
    Hi all, I have installed the TurkCell .656 and everything was all good, meterberry's battery(Ave Discharge Rate - ADR) is 0.6% and I would switch my bb off when I go to bed. Not until yesterday, before I went to bed, I discovered my BBM version was only 5.0.0 and under [Applications->Core], so I went ahead to overwrite with the leaked BBM 5.0.0.66. This morning when I woke up and found my bb's battery was discharging at 1-2% every hour when I off it. The ADR is 1.4% since... I even did a battery pull but the ADR remains the same. Any body experiencing the same thing? Should I just go back to BBM version 5.0.0???
    The BBM version on .656 IS 5.0.0.66
    05-17-10 06:55 AM
    The BBM version on .656 IS 5.0.0.66
    Is that right. I only see version 5.0.0 under the 'Core'. I'm such an *****! Thanks ralf

Last edited by djsadist; 05-17-10 at 09:22 AM.
    05-17-10 07:41 AM
    Is that right. I only see version 5.0.0 under the 'Cone'. I'm such an *****! Thanks ralf

Open BBM options, then About BlackBerry Messenger, you'll see the version there, or Applications will show it too, in your main device Options.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-17-10 07:56 AM
    Found a Bug in this release.. If I enable "Show Recent Contacts When Composing Email:" under email options, the type ahead for the contacts does not work, won't add anyone to the To: or CC: field when I'm composing a new message..
    If I disable this option, the type ahead works..

Any one else notice this ?

Even tried the Beta version from the OS Leaks forum..
    05-17-10 09:23 AM
    Alright, had it for a few days now, everything working fine, trackpad seems a little better, device seems to be running smoother. Only problem is my battery seems to be draining faster, sometimes a little faster, other times a lot faster. This is just my observations, nothing to prove it though. Anyone else having a similar issue? Read above about dj, anyone else?
    05-17-10 09:45 AM
    so after upgrading my os last night and doing a couple of bp I got an error message that said uncaught excception: net_rim_phone_app (56) is not responding; process terminated. It happened twice last night, but the phone seemed to work fine and didn't try all my apps at the time but didn't have problems making phone calls. A couple a mins ago did another bp and the message didn't show up this time. is it an os issue or could it be something with my apps?
    i'm running 5.0.0.656 with this apps installed:
    bebuzz
    bepopup
    bolt
    cortado workplace
    docs to go
    flash on
    google mobile app
    google maps
    mobile qs (with two add ons: qp2 and tv 2000s qp)
    smrtguard
    wallpaper shifter
    bb app world
    twitter
    any suggestions???
    *note: no payola intended with the apps
    05-17-10 09:53 AM
    Is it worth upgrading from .586?

Anything noticibly new?
    05-17-10 10:41 AM
    When I updated my OS to 656, the check mark next to the Virtual Voice Mail can't be uncheck.

How do I uninstall/delete this useless app (at least for me)?

And also, how do I access the Blackberry maps?

Thanks.
    05-17-10 11:37 AM
    Hi all. My BBM is also showing version 5.0 and if I go to App World to update it wants to update it to 5.0.0.57. One other thing I find odd is that when I go to my desktop manager to check applications, it is only showing my third-party apps....nothing else(not even bbm). Before I could see items I had taken off the device, the languages, games, etc. Is this normal?
    Besides these two things...my BB runs great with the new op system!!!!
    05-17-10 11:40 AM
    BBM is in add on section. Go to the top and select.
    05-17-10 01:12 PM
    Has anyone used .656 on Rogers Wireless? Is there any issues with this release on Rogers?

Thanks
    05-17-10 01:21 PM
    Is it worth upgrading from .586?

Anything noticibly new?
    It's a pretty solid OS but a huge battery drainer for me. I will give it a few more days but looks like i will revert back to .593
    I would think that if .586 is good for you, stick with it as there's no major changes (if any) with this latest build.
    05-17-10 01:27 PM
    BBM is in add on section. Go to the top and select.
    I understand where to find all of this on my blackberry, but when it comes to using the desktop manager. My only options are third party apps....Is there some setting I need to change in my desktop manager so that it shows core, add in and third party? Prior to this upgrade, i could see it all and add and delete things out.

Thanks for your help~!!!!
    05-17-10 01:47 PM
    I understand where to find all of this on my blackberry, but when it comes to using the desktop manager. My only options are third party apps....Is there some setting I need to change in my desktop manager so that it shows core, add in and third party? Prior to this upgrade, i could see it all and add and delete things out.

Thanks for your help~!!!!
    I have the exact same issue with DM after upgrading to .656, Only 3rd party apps showing. Maybe something to do with vendor file?
    05-17-10 02:08 PM
    Has anyone used .656 on Rogers Wireless? Is there any issues with this release on Rogers?

Thanks

no problems for me so far
    05-17-10 06:02 PM
    rather wait for the 6.0 Leak since it's less than a month away
    05-17-10 06:33 PM
    I need the East Asian language install... which OS is that?? Currently running this version and I'm not seeing it!
    05-17-10 07:06 PM
    I need the East Asian language install... which OS is that?? Currently running this version and I'm not seeing it!
    .593 has an East Asia version.

There is no .656 East Asia build available yet, just Multi Language and All Language.

05-17-10 07:51 PM
    When I updated my OS to 656, the check mark next to the Virtual Voice Mail can't be uncheck.

How do I uninstall/delete this useless app (at least for me)?

And also, how do I access the Blackberry maps?

Thanks.
    Use Shrink-A-OS.

If you have BlackBerry maps installed there should be an icon for it. Check under Application. I prefer Google maps, though.

.593 has an East Asia version.

There is no .656 East Asia build available yet, just Multi Language and All Language.

Turkcell .656 is an All Language version, which means it has BOTH Multilang and EastAsia language pack in it. In other words, you can't go wrong with All Language version.

There should be options for installing those languages during installation.

Hope this helps.
    05-17-10 09:15 PM
    Use Shrink-A-OS.

Turkcell .656 is an All Language version, which means it has BOTH Multilang and EastAsia language pack in it. In other words, you can't go wrong with All Language version.

There should be options for installing those languages during installation.

Hope this helps.
    This isn't 100% true... while it has read support for All Languages, it doesn't have Input support for some, specifically Japanese. I, too, hope they come out with a Japanese input support version soon.

If it doesn't have the j in the filename, then it doesn't support Japanese input. I can't speak for other language input however.
    05-17-10 09:26 PM
191 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD