password lock isn't working on this version for me, booooo
    I set my Security Timeout at 2mins, so after I hit the lock buttom at the top, it'll automatically put it on password lock after two mins. It's a great feature.
    05-13-10 12:50 PM
    I just noticed that my music player pauses when I get a text... Anyone else get this too?
    05-13-10 01:24 PM
    Just downloaded/ installed it. It fixed that 'w/ showing phone #s instead of name' problem I had. Does anyone know how to change the green border to another color?
    05-13-10 01:55 PM
    Is your wallpaper green?
    05-13-10 02:00 PM
    ok i know im gonna get shouted at for asking this but has anyone got a link to the install instructions as im v v new to this and dont want to make a mistake a brick my phone.
    tried a search but wasnt sure what to search for.

cheers
    05-13-10 02:40 PM
    Ugh. I downloaded it (or so I thought) and it just wouldn't go. The upgrade wizard thing kept saying "no actions required" - even when I right-clicked and selected "Run As Administrator." The OS didn't show up in my programs, either. So I guess something went wrong with the download. Currently downloading it again.
    05-13-10 03:06 PM
    When I hit the lock button at the top it just turns the screen black. I know 5.0.0.33 actually locked it without the black out screen. Is there a way to return it to that or is it just what happened with the updates?

Also anyone have impressions on battery? I have been using my phone rather heavily since pulling it off its charger for the last 4 hours and I'm around 78% full. Not sure if that's more than the norm since I did use google voice to call internationally for a good 40 minutes. Anyone?
    Last edited by ma3loom; 05-13-10 at 03:12 PM.
    05-13-10 03:10 PM

The new way, and way the device was intended to be used, is well described here

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 03:27 PM
    i see that sms bug a lot also. if i'm having a long conversation with someone, guaranteed at some point i will not be able to get back into the conversation thread without deleting it and starting a new thread
    05-13-10 06:19 PM
    I installed the new OS yesterday, works awesome for me, Its so fast, my pics come us really fast, also Ive noticed that my signal strength is stronger then old OS, so far so good
    05-13-10 06:45 PM
    Anyone able to comment yet on battery life on the OS? I'm at about 60% after 8 or so hours of heavy use...

Comparison?
    05-13-10 07:13 PM
    With this new os I can't seem to play my videos. My phone keeps resetting. Anyone else have this issue? Other than that, everything works fine.

05-13-10 07:14 PM
    as of right now i've used this os for one day on 3g.. 3 phone calls,bbm,sms alittle pandora and beesweeper took it off the charger this morning at 7am now it's 6:05pm and i'm at 75% not bad.
    05-13-10 08:06 PM
    Yeah I might need another day using it to decide if i'm getting the right amount of battery life. Had it charging up till noon, then was on google voice, bbm, sms, reboot and god knows how many calls and I'm at 47% now....

0.593 I think was slightly better with battery but I'll give it another day
    05-13-10 08:10 PM
    For those of you wanting a Multi Language version direct from the RIM download site, AVEA have also gone official with 5.0.0.656

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1111 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1111
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.656
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.153
    File name: 9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel1111_PL5.1.0.153_A5.0.0.656_AVEA .exe
    File size: 132.71MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software here
    05-13-10 09:35 PM
    There's a problem with Arabic Writing Support
    05-13-10 09:36 PM
    Running the Turkcell official .656 now... Going on 3 days now and all is well... 3G, WiFi, UMA, SMS, etc... All running flawlessly... No issues so far... Still not impressed with tethering speeds but that's nothing to do with the OS (at least I don't think so...)

Battery life seems great so far... Might be best so far even... Hard to say... Certainly no worse than .593 and most likely a bit better... Also shrunk 'er down a bit more... Had about 119MB free with .593 when updating and ended up with 126MB free after .656 install...

Releases are getting better and better... Don't how many more we can expect before 6.0 but things are so stable now... Ready for 6.0 as it is!

05-13-10 09:45 PM
    I was wondering how I would update the OS on my BlackBerry 9700. I'd be going from .330 to this current OS. If there's a guide or something anything helps really.
    05-13-10 10:14 PM
    Running the Turkcell official .656 now... Going on 3 days now and all is well... 3G, WiFi, UMA, SMS, etc... All running flawlessly... No issues so far... Still not impressed with tethering speeds but that's nothing to do with the OS (at least I don't think so...)

Battery life seems great so far... Might be best so far even... Hard to say... Certainly no worse than .593 and most likely a bit better... Also shrunk 'er down a bit more... Had about 119MB free with .593 when updating and ended up with 126MB free after .656 install...

Releases are getting better and better... Don't how many more we can expect before 6.0 but things are so stable now... Ready for 6.0 as it is!

I've noticed the same for everything minus the battery..I'm down to 30% in 12 hrs... I might revert to .593, think the battery life was a lot more solid. I noticed it almost instantly. It amazes me that each blackberry acts so differently from the next.
    05-13-10 10:48 PM
    I was wondering how I would update the OS on my BlackBerry 9700. I'd be going from .330 to this current OS. If there's a guide or something anything helps really.
    see below.

The new way, and way the device was intended to be used, is well described here

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-13-10 10:59 PM
    Since upgrading ive had no issues at all until i was on a call and i can no longer access the internet while on a call. Def dont like this so im going back to .596
    05-13-10 11:24 PM
    My freezing and lagging issue that was present with .593 is gone, and I'm more than happy. The phone seems a lot more responsive and quick now, too.

05-13-10 11:40 PM
    This is a tad random but something I've noticed with the 9700.

I seem to always, or usually, drop out of 3G when on a call for a period of time even if i'm not moving around. Sometimes to the point were it drops as far down to GPRS. Anyone else notice that? TMO doesn't have a response besides outfitting me with a new sim card. Its not OS based, since i've tried several, or phone based, replaced a few. Last guess is either 9700 or TMO isn't that consistent yet or its my area.

Thoughts?

I just downgraded back to .593...I'm picky about my battery life...Till the next release.
    05-13-10 11:44 PM
    This is a tad random but something I've noticed with the 9700.

I seem to always, or usually, drop out of 3G when on a call for a period of time even if i'm not moving around. Sometimes to the point were it drops as far down to GPRS. Anyone else notice that?

I just downgraded back to .593...I'm picky about my battery life...Till the next release.
    Yes, i have the same problem with 3G.
    Signal is not strong and go back to EDGE or GPRS frequently.

I have downgraded back to .593 and i can confirm that this is true.
    In 656, if your signal is not very good in 3G, the 9700 is going to GPRS very frequently.
    05-14-10 03:03 AM
    im on T-mobile UK , should i go with the leaked version the swiss-com version or turkcell ?
    05-14-10 03:27 AM
191 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD