Can't decide whether or not to upgrade from .593.
    When in doubt, sit it out. They are only incremental improvements, so if .593 is running well for you (as it is for me) then it's not worth the effort.

Edit: Two completely opposite posts right next to each other. He's none the wiser. Lol
    Last edited by veii; 05-12-10 at 06:34 PM.
    05-12-10 06:30 PM
    When in doubt, sit it out. They are only incremental improvements, so if .593 is running well for you (as it is for me) then it's not worth the effort.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed. BUT, you'll never know until you try it out for your own environment (coverage/useage etc).
    05-12-10 06:34 PM
    Agreed. BUT, you'll never know until you try it out for your own environment (coverage/useage etc).
    I'm getting tempted to try it now! Man, I gotta stay off these forums.

05-12-10 06:36 PM
    well I got it running and have had no problems there was no errors or white screen of death I experienced with the beta version its been all good for me and stable too.

so I am happy to have this version over all.
    05-12-10 07:35 PM
    ok just upgraded from the last leak os.. the app memory went up from 113mb to 117.2mb with 15 apps install, app world disappeared when i did the upgrade but no big deal.. all my apps work, to early to report on battery life... will post again after a few days
    05-12-10 08:47 PM
    The sfi within the same release ONLY changes (purely in size) when there is additional language support - no tweaks no nothing. Others tend to disagree... BUT, that is the case...

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-12-10 08:50 PM
    password lock isn't working on this version for me, booooo
    05-12-10 11:53 PM
    I should have viewed it from Bolt before I said anything, but what were the chances?

Changes won't occur till 6.0. All progressive 5.0 are tweaks designed to improve. Sometimes it even works out that way.
    Actually Turkey is quite a market for RIM, you wouldn't believe the amount of BBs here in Istanbul. In my company I have over 400 people using 9700, with our own BES.

AFAIK, there are many people in this forum as well.

Nevertheless, I am moving past the point of this post
    05-13-10 01:46 AM
    I just upgraded from 593 to .656. Although I can't speak to the battery life yet, here is what I've noticed thus far.

- faster boot time: 1:45 min/sec which is an improvement over the 4 minutes with 593. It will obviously slow down at some point with installs.

-browser is much faster, ie 3G connectivity.

-haven't noticed a password lock issue like someone mentioned earlier.

-No bugs of yet to speak of.

-With rotation to .656 from .593 on board memory went from 102 to 112 megs

Will update about battery in the next day or two. Upgrade isnt tremendously different, if battery life doesn't cut it I'll switch it back to .593
    05-13-10 02:16 AM
    I just upgraded from 593 to .656. Although I can't speak to the battery life yet, here is what I've noticed thus far.

- faster boot time: 1:45 min/sec which is an improvement over the 4 minutes with 593. It will obviously slow down at some point with installs.

-browser is much faster, ie 3G connectivity.

-haven't noticed a password lock issue like someone mentioned earlier.

-No bugs of yet to speak of.

-With rotation to .656 from .593 on board memory went from 102 to 112 megs

Will update about battery in the next day or two. Upgrade isnt tremendously different, if battery life doesn't cut it I'll switch it back to .593
    I Bit the Bullet too!.. Poo'ing me pants now!..

Installing.........
    05-13-10 05:34 AM
    I've been running the leaked version for about a week now and have been pretty happy with it. Faster boot time, small increase in memory upon installing, browser is faster, etc.
    05-13-10 05:44 AM
    Can an Admin come over and make this a sticky thread already???
    05-13-10 06:15 AM
    is this outdated. what difference does the new OS do from my one?
    05-13-10 06:17 AM
    Can people who are running this OS comment on the following please?
    - Wi-fi connectivity: quicker to connect to wireless router?
    - Camera: does it take longer for auto-focus to snap a shot? When I was running .330, it was ultra quick, am on .586 and it takes about 1 second longer to snap.
    - SMS bug: occasionally had a problem with being unable to enter into a thread to read it when it came in while I was typing an SMS. Has this problem been rectified?
    - Browser: does the browser start to freeze by turning on the java scripts on certain sites?

05-13-10 06:18 AM
    Can people who are running this OS comment on the following please?
    - Wi-fi connectivity: quicker to connect to wireless router?
    - Camera: does it take longer for auto-focus to snap a shot? When I was running .330, it was ultra quick, am on .586 and it takes about 1 second longer to snap.
    - SMS bug: occasionally had a problem with being unable to enter into a thread to read it when it came in while I was typing an SMS. Has this problem been rectified?
    - Browser: does the browser start to freeze by turning on the java scripts on certain sites?

I've have not seen one issue with this OS. I have javascript enabled without any problems. I have Wifi on ALL THE TIME, without any issues. How many different ways can I say I've not seen any issues. If you don't like it go back to whatever OS version you are running right now.
    05-13-10 06:32 AM
    I had 593 and now this OS and everything is good except i have that damn sms bug not being able to open a thread at times! So annoying

05-13-10 06:35 AM
    I had 593 and now this OS and everything is good except i have that damn sms bug not being able to open a thread at times! So annoying
    There is no SMS bug, or we would all be suffering from it

05-13-10 06:49 AM
    Not sure but for me, i am in EDGE more than 3G with this OS.
    This is like in low signal, the BB is going more frequently in EDGE than previously (593 from T-Mobile)
    05-13-10 07:03 AM
    And there is another .656 from Swisscom... which one should i go with?
    05-13-10 10:05 AM
    Just upgraded. Shazam isn't working.
    05-13-10 10:33 AM
    Just upgraded. Shazam isn't working.
    Shazam works fine.

Follow these instructions... http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ml#post5108118
    05-13-10 10:39 AM
    Shazam works fine.

Follow these instructions... http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ml#post5108118
    Working now! Thanks Phill_UK!!
    05-13-10 10:52 AM
    Does anyone know why the official BlackBerry RIM website does not reflect Turkcell as having 656 available for download today? I would like to download the latest version, but want to feel like it is the "official" release -- straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
    05-13-10 11:25 AM
    Does anyone know why the official BlackBerry RIM website does not reflect Turkcell as having 656 available for download today? I would like to download the latest version, but want to feel like it is the "official" release -- straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
    The RIM download site is always a couple of days behind. Most carriers jump the gun and make the latest OS available to their customers first either via their website or OTA, before the RIM site is updated to include it.
    05-13-10 11:38 AM
    Thank you for the quick response -- greatly appreciated. I am downloading from the Turkcell website at this time and will use the file named "Turkcell_Blackberry9700AllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1111_P L5.1.0.153_A5.0.0.656.zip".
    05-13-10 11:43 AM
191 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD