View Poll Results: Do you want true threaded SMS on your bold/blackberry?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

369 93.42%
  • No

26 6.58%
    I am dying for some threaded SMS. Just started using the Bold after using an iPhone for 6 months. I HATE not having threaded SMS.
    01-27-09 01:21 PM
    I have a curve and not having threaded sms is ridiculous for a smartphone. I used to have a palm 700p and the threaded sms was awsome.
    01-29-09 07:16 PM
    Jaydee 547, your response is an offensive personal attack and is unnwarranted. Please see posting guidelines for some good advice - then please make an equally public apology for suggesting another member is "********".

ydaraishy expressed a valid and honest opinion ("don't care") while pointing out that the OP's poll didn't cover all the logical responses. I agree with ydaraishy, SMS works for me with or without threading. I believe other change requests like fixing memory leaks and achieving quoted battery life should be several orders of magnitude higher on the priority list.

i just had to comment on your post. You are ********...why do you find it so difficult to answer a question? All he said was "DO YOU WANT IT"

he didn't ask, do you want to shoot yourself in the foot because you dont have it

he also didn't ask, would you throw your blackberry in the garbage if it came with it

all he asked is if you'd rather have it or if you'd rather not - sadly you can't manage to answer that. You are an embarrassment to humans, i really think that monkey that does sign language could have given a better answer.
    01-29-09 07:57 PM
    I don't even know what Threaded SMS is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ever see the iPhone SMS app? Well if you have, that's what true threaded SMS is. If you haven't, threaded SMS basically looks like an IM. Your conversation is stored in one "window", meaning there aren't multiple new messages when you get an SMS. When you get a new SMS on a BB, it creates a new message to open every time. With threaded SMS, once you get an SMS from a person, that one window is all you see, followed by the rest of the continuing conversation, just like an IM or BBM. It is a lot less messy, and a lot easier to follow. True threaded SMS should be a standard option for every smartphone. Especially a smartphone that excels in communication such as the Blackberry.
    01-29-09 08:43 PM
    Would love threaded sms. LOVE it.

01-29-09 09:54 PM
    Jaydee 547, your response is an offensive personal attack
    On so many levels.
    01-29-09 10:05 PM
    The question is misleading, in a way. Do I care that it's not "full threaded" at the moment? No. Do I want full threading? If they're going to provide it, fine.
    I agree. okay yes its cool having it threaded .. but isnt that what Blackberry Messenger does anyway?

if you really love this threading maybe you should have gotten iphone cause from what you describe to me about this threading i tihnk it has it!
    01-30-09 03:50 AM
    Threaded SMS would be nice. Threaded email would be better.
    01-30-09 05:15 AM
    If you are worried about other issues than the threaded sms then why don't you do your own legwork like the OP and start your own campaign. There's no need to put down another member's suggestion because you think something else is important. I don't think the question was misleading at all nor did it leave out potential answers. If you want this feature and are willing to do something about it then take the OP's email and forward it up the chain. If you don't care about threaded sms but would rather we all spend our time helping you get what you want, the put in the effor like the OP and start your own thread. Either that or just simply move on.

I don't care much about threaded sms, but I'm willing to help another member get what they want so... email sent. Hope they pay attention.

I would love to see RIM "unlock" the device memory so we can allocate any portion we want to application memory. Then this little device would be a blazing fast multi-tasker. If you want to start your own campaign for this possibility I will help there too.
    01-30-09 07:02 AM
    I agree. okay yes its cool having it threaded .. but isnt that what Blackberry Messenger does anyway?

if you really love this threading maybe you should have gotten iphone cause from what you describe to me about this threading i tihnk it has it!
    BBM doesn't exactly replace SMS. I would wager people that are paying for unlimited SMS want to use SMS and have it threaded.

I love this attitude btw. Why develop anything for the BB ever, if it exists on another phone get that phone instead...
    01-30-09 07:34 PM
    I would love to see RIM "unlock" the device memory so we can allocate any portion we want to application memory. Then this little device would be a blazing fast multi-tasker. If you want to start your own campaign for this possibility I will help there too.
    Hopefully they are not morons and this will come around closer to the app store.

If not, they will destroy the success of their own app store all on their own.
    01-30-09 07:37 PM
    Threaded SMS would be nice. Threaded email would be better.
    +1

This message was too short.
    02-09-09 03:13 PM
    i just had to comment on your post. You are ********...why do you find it so difficult to answer a question? All he said was "DO YOU WANT IT"

he didn't ask, do you want to shoot yourself in the foot because you dont have it

he also didn't ask, would you throw your blackberry in the garbage if it came with it

all he asked is if you'd rather have it or if you'd rather not - sadly you can't manage to answer that. You are an embarrassment to humans, i really think that monkey that does sign language could have given a better answer.

This made me laugh. Is that bad???
    02-09-09 03:48 PM
    I might be in a bit of a pessimistic mood today, but I doubt we'll ever see official threaded SMS on the Bold considering the OSes biggest update (in the last few years) was HTML support for emails. The next phone they release better have a whole new OS altogether, I'm sick of memory leaks and beyond slow browser speeds.
    02-09-09 04:13 PM
    WM has managed pretty well with slow browser speeds (on their native PIE) and memory leaks.
    02-09-09 04:16 PM
    To be fair, the majority of memory leaks are due to poor quality in third party software. There is nothing RIM can do about this except maybe to introduce a "buggy application blocklist" which prevents known leaky apps from being installed or executed.

I have not found any evidence to suggest a significant leak in the RIM OS - at least not in any of the public shipping releases which have run on my Bold.

And browser speeds... the real problem seems to be the size and complexity of many web pages, and inadequate bandwidth to deliver them to the device. ISTM this is mostly a phone network problem because when I forced web traffic to a WiFi connection there wasn't much speed difference between the BB browser or Firefox on a PC.
    02-09-09 05:20 PM
    +1 on the desire for threaded sms i love bbm just as much as the next crack head but I mean not everyone i know has a blackberry and with them i sms and the normal client is pretty dissapointg compared to the iphone/treo.i tried 3 jam and couldnt take the need to go into my inbox to delete and shut off notification lite. dealbreaker sigh
    02-09-09 05:48 PM
    I am dying for some threaded SMS. Just started using the Bold after using an iPhone for 6 months. I HATE not having threaded SMS.
    Also coming from a Treo and realllllyyy miss my threaded SMS.
    02-09-09 10:15 PM
    Not to spark up an old flame but I still wish this phone had this just to completely the phone 100%.
    04-28-09 11:30 PM

had to laugh at that.... Its a very easy yes or no question.
    04-28-09 11:46 PM
    Email sent.
    04-28-09 11:59 PM
    Here's what I wrote to them:
    Hi,
    My name is Zach Donley and I am a proud owner of a BlackBerry 9000. The reason I'm emailing you (to whom it may concern) is that on previous devices I've owned (Apple iPhone, HTC Touch Pro), there is true threaded sms. Conversations. This isn't available on the BlackBerry OS. I would very much like it to be an option or a new standard. Please check out this thread on www.crackberry.com, http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...thread-101934/, we're really pushing for threaded sms and I think ot would make the BlackBerry OS look more professional and clean cut.

Thank you for your time,
    Zach Donley

04-29-09 12:30 AM
    Has anyone received a reply from RIM on this? I also saw "[email protected]" as an alternative contact to make suggestions. I've sent an email to both asking if there is a threaded SMS in the works directly from RIM.

Here's hoping!
    05-01-09 01:37 PM
    Email sent... Come on people, keep it up... Let's not be ******** about this!

Dear Mods... Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    05-01-09 02:14 PM
    Im sending an email right now too... this is great... all excited
    05-01-09 02:18 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD