From a Full charged battery, the drain to 70% is quite remarkably SLOW and then it starts to fall fairly rapidly - just as .706 would also do so we need to see over the next cpl of days and see if this higher drain settles in and improves ...
    Hence the need to wait a week before reporting on the battery life. Initial readings fluctuate way too much to trust. I am still figuring out that hybrid I mentioned...
    12-26-11 03:22 AM
    I am still figuring out that hybrid I mentioned...

I still wanna try "that Hybrid" you're sittin' on ...

BTW - this .723 may have a few small bugs here & there BUT I can vouch one thing that the Radio is soooo good it makes up for all its negatives.

The Radio also immensely helps to offer blazing fast 3G access via the browser, super-fast Facebook / Twitter / Social feeds updates and also fast browsing with downloads with AppWorld.

The ONLY negative I see of now would be the battery.

2 weeks of observations should be a decent time for comments on battery life ... ( meanwhile i recommend a battery pull once a day )
    henghs likes this.
    12-26-11 03:48 AM
    I still wanna try "that Hybrid" you're sittin' on ...

BTW - this .723 may have a few small bugs here & there BUT I can vouch one thing that the Radio is soooo good it makes up for all its negatives.

The Radio also immensely helps to offer blazing fast 3G access via the browser, super-fast Facebook / Twitter / Social feeds updates and also fast browsing with downloads with AppWorld.

The ONLY negative I see of now would be the battery.

2 weeks of observations should be a decent time for comments on battery life ... ( meanwhile i recommend a battery pull once a day )
    battery pull or a soft reset?? which one do you prefer and why?
    12-26-11 04:33 AM
    Search in "My Computer" for Vendor.xml . Sometimes there is a hidden Vendor
    Did a search and no vendor.xml on PC.
    Question is are you suppose to have no vendor.xml on your PC when you do the upgrade. Or are you supposed to delete the old one, then install the software upgrade file on your PC, which gives you a new version of the file specific to the upgrade you are trying to carry out.

Tried to carry out an upgrade both ways without any success.

Think I might go back to non-smartphone.

Malcolm.
    12-26-11 05:22 AM
    there should be no vendor.xml on your PC when you do the upgrade.
    some times vendor file is hidden, check for it in c/users/your account name/app data/roaming
    change the hide files setting before searching for it. definitely a vendor file is there which is not allowing update from showing up in DM
    12-26-11 06:10 AM
    already tried for almost 2 days and it seems that my baterry got drain fast .
    12-26-11 07:31 AM
    My old .706 has the drain rate rapidly at below 30% (while normal rate when it is above 30). In the other hand, the radio is awesome, better than any previous build.
    Downloading this .723.
    12-26-11 07:48 AM
    Many thanks for everyone who took the time to help. Sorted now have upgraded successfully.
    Yes there was a hidden vendor.xml file. Sneaky!
    I now now for the next time.
    Malcolm.
    12-26-11 08:00 AM
    Haha. Same. I originally checked upon upgrading and it was there so I assumed it was fixed from what people were saying with the previous version. But I checked again after reading your post and it's gone. Don't really mind/care because I don't PIN anyway but pretty lame bug for having one of the core functions be missing like that.
    +1. Totally agree with you...
    12-26-11 09:21 AM
    Many thanks for everyone who took the time to help. Sorted now have upgraded successfully.
    Yes there was a hidden vendor.xml file. Sneaky!
    I now now for the next time.
    Malcolm.
    Good to see you on .723 ...

do build up some patience & learn to luv the 'berry ... in the end - its actually quite simple once you get the hang of things ...
    8230 and nightsole like this.
    12-26-11 01:30 PM
    battery pull or a soft reset?? which one do you prefer and why?
    completely depends what's the situation and why are you even doing a RESET ...

to settle down a newly loaded OS > > "physical Batt-pull"

to clear phone in case hanging or to clear some error/s > > ALT/R-CAPS/DEL
    Ganayni94 likes this.
    12-26-11 01:35 PM
    thanks, and where does a double soft reset stands??
    12-26-11 02:05 PM
    completely depends what's the situation and why are you even doing a RESET ...

to settle down a newly loaded OS > > "physical Batt-pull"

to clear phone in case hanging or to clear some error/s > > ALT/R-CAPS/DEL
    I thought there was an article here stating that both are the same?
    12-26-11 03:30 PM
    I thought there was an article here stating that both are the same?
    I only wished they were (as it would save a lot of trouble to manually open the back door, pull the battery & then snap it back and shut the door) BUT ...

A physical battery pull is a hard reset ...
    Last edited by audio_engr; 12-26-11 at 04:40 PM. Reason: grammatical correction
    12-26-11 04:08 PM
    OK - here's a brief of how good the Radio of the .723 is ...

I was on a conf voicecall for 96 min, (using the hands-free) - during which time, my handset maintained perfect 3G status. In that span of time, 17 incoming emails flowed in, I was able to quickly scan them for importance; a host of bbm messages flowed in & out of the phone, 4 bbm messages each with a picture were sent while 2 bbm messages came in with pictures too;

AND All this without even breaking a sweat ... WoW !! This is top-class performance

A perfect business phone yet it does tasks out of business too ...

The downside was when the conf-call started, my battery was 65% and when it ended after 96 min, it had just hit 10% with the battery indicator showing danger levels ...
    henghs likes this.
    12-26-11 04:18 PM
    As always 2 or 3 battery pulls for best result
    12-26-11 06:39 PM
    To me it seems to be a very stable build, I stayed with 668 for a while and I'm not regretting upgrading at all.

Battery life seems to be rather good aswell, as it does take a while for it to go from 100 to 70, afther that period I didn't see the infamous battery drop.

I left it on over night at 45%, when I woke up it was 40%, which is what I found to be normal.

Thanks RIM.
    Linuxnizer likes this.
    12-27-11 11:49 AM
    I left it on over night at 45%, when I woke up it was 40%, which is what I found to be normal.

Yes, it is normal and I guess you don't have Apps running in the background ...

I have FB updating every 2 hrs, twitter every 1 hr, weather every 1 hr, BB Protect daily backup in the middle of the night, and that's about it ... And oh! 3G is 24/7 ...

battery is 3 weeks old ... but an authentic one from the BB Service Centre
    12-27-11 03:30 PM
    i think there is not gonna be much difference b/w battery life of .706 and .723 may be .723 is slightly better that's it!!
    12-27-11 03:46 PM
    i think there is not gonna be much difference b/w battery life of .706 and .723 may be .723 is slightly better that's it!!
    I will update to 723. Are you sure about this?
    12-28-11 12:48 AM
    till now it looks like that, but only time will tell, though the upgrade is genuinely great, BB is super snappy after this update.
    12-28-11 04:26 AM
    Yes, it is normal and I guess you don't have Apps running in the background ...

I have FB updating every 2 hrs, twitter every 1 hr, weather every 1 hr, BB Protect daily backup in the middle of the night, and that's about it ... And oh! 3G is 24/7 ...

battery is 3 weeks old ... but an authentic one from the BB Service Centre
    hello
    How did you configure FB or TW to update every X hours and not when a new post is created?
    Thanx
    12-28-11 04:50 AM
    Hey I upgraded from .668 and it fixed some major issues I was having, phone was slowing down and every time I type or am in browser or a messeging app my cursor wud start moving up while I type, was freaking annoying and was doing it way to often. This fixed all of that. Love it <3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Linuxnizer likes this.
    12-28-11 05:02 AM
    This build is working great for me. I now have 3G in my office. lol
    12-28-11 10:37 AM
    One thing I've noticed is that the Home Screen Preferences menu bug has been fixed. I didn't need to insert.461 .cods. Will report battery performance observations in a few days.
    henghs likes this.
    12-28-11 04:59 PM
249 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD