Seeing the comments and I'm really HAPPY !
    As for me,I've been using it for a day now and I can see it's a Snappy build
    12-24-11 01:14 PM
    From a Full charged battery, the drain to 70% is quite remarkably SLOW and then it starts to fall fairly rapidly - just as .706 would also do so we need to see over the next cpl of days and see if this higher drain settles in and improves ...

On the whole - a very nice build !
    12-24-11 02:08 PM
    Looks like the manage connection tray/screen is now changed to OS 7, only the boxes get highlighted not the option itself. Other than that, don't see any other changes. Radio is the same from first OS 6 build, signal meter keeps fluctuating from full to 1 bar then back to full, probably a carrier issue and they just installed a cell tower right at the corner of the street so I don't know what's up with that. I wish they would finally put an option to manage trays...
    Last edited by BlackBerry.est08; 12-24-11 at 02:22 PM.
    12-24-11 02:19 PM
    they just installed a cell tower right at the corner of the street
    Are you sure that BTS is serving your Carrier ? Or some other Carrier ?
    NOTE : BTS = Base Transceiver Station = Cell Site

Usually with a BTS cpl of blocks away - the signal shouldn't fluctuate unless you are overlapped with cross BTS signals - playing tug-of-war between an earlier Tower that the device used to latch on vs. a new Tower the device also sees, likes, tries & then overlap of signals from the older one ...

Its happened to me a cpl of years back until I had to catch the Network Dept guys of the Carrier by the ears and get it solved.
    12-24-11 02:45 PM
    Looks like the manage connection tray/screen is now changed to OS 7, only the boxes get highlighted not the option itself.
    it was there in .706 also.
    12-24-11 02:58 PM
    Are you sure that BTS is serving your Carrier ? Or some other Carrier ?
    NOTE : BTS = Base Transceiver Station = Cell Site

Usually with a BTS cpl of blocks away - the signal shouldn't fluctuate unless you are overlapped with cross BTS signals - playing tug-of-war between an earlier Tower that the device used to latch on vs. a new Tower the device also sees, likes, tries & then overlap of signals from the older one ...

Its happened to me a cpl of years back until I had to catch the Network Dept guys of the Carrier by the ears and get it solved.
    They just put it up so hard to tell or say. Also, from that tower a block or two away, there's another BTS lol. The signal fluctuates but I've had no problems, clear calls, never drop, which is why I haven't inquired about it.
    12-24-11 03:01 PM
    Battery Life Update : Weird thing ! I've slept with about 40% (2G) and waked up found it switched off :/.Switched it on and found that about 10% is drained every hour(MeterBerry).
    Still not settled down ?? *EyesRoll*
    12-25-11 03:07 AM
    Battery Life Update : Weird thing ! I've slept with about 40% (2G) and waked up found it switched off :/.Switched it on and found that about 10% is drained every hour(MeterBerry).
    Still not settled down ?? *EyesRoll*
    Shocking

which is what I earlier reported that from Full-charge the drain is slow but by 70% battery life the drain starts to speed up and this continues steadily ...
    12-25-11 04:19 AM
    i think this version is quite more stable than .706 i guess . in .723 PIN message is appear ! Nice build RIM
    12-25-11 04:53 AM
    Shocking

which is what I earlier reported that from Full-charge the drain is slow but by 70% battery life the drain starts to speed up and this continues steadily ...
    Yup ! I think we need to wait more..to be more clear and be sure of this build !
    12-25-11 05:39 AM
    Just installed this and PIN message problem still exists for me...weird thing is, it is now asking me to re-setup my mail accounts. Never had this problem before. Darn it...
    12-25-11 08:36 AM
    Found another bug (still hasn't been fixed from previous versions), when you drop down the notification tray/banner and you have 3 messages from an app (Messages or BBM), the spacing of those messages are not even and the highlight bar doesn't correctly highlight over the second and third message.
    12-25-11 12:08 PM
    Finally managed to get my PIN message feature back after several batt pulls. Tried several batt pulls afterwards and PIN messages is still there. Due to bad experiences with .706, I will need to observe over the following days whether this will stick this time around. Me having to setup my emails again may have something to do with the new BBID security feature that comes along with the latest app world version. But then again, this is just a hunch.
    12-25-11 12:22 PM
    Hmmm, I spoke to soon. My PIN message feature disappeared again post device reboot after updating an app. It was there initially, but vanished after switching wifi off. Darn it.
    12-25-11 12:30 PM
    Hmmm, I spoke to soon. My PIN message feature disappeared again post device reboot after updating an app. It was there initially, but vanished after switching wifi off. Darn it.
    Haha. Same. I originally checked upon upgrading and it was there so I assumed it was fixed from what people were saying with the previous version. But I checked again after reading your post and it's gone. Don't really mind/care because I don't PIN anyway but pretty lame bug for having one of the core functions be missing like that.
    12-25-11 12:33 PM
    I have downloaded the upgrade file from the link in the first post. I then double clicked on this file and the item proceeds to install the latest version of the Blackberry Device Software. When I go into the desktop software it tells me that I have the latest version .706. When I go into update/view other versions only .706 and previous version are showing.

Must be doing something wrong here!
    Malcolm.
    12-25-11 02:28 PM
    Is this happening for anyone else? When I receive text messages, I can't scroll all the way up - the cursor disappears entirely so I can't look at previous ones. Can only read the most recent two or three, depending on the length of the texts. This might prove to be a big enough problem for me to consider downgrading.. EDIT: Ah, the problem seems to have disappeared temporarily, I can look at previous messages but they're all short ones. I wonder if it's only the longer ones that have this problem, will continue to use this build and see if there's any more issues.
    Last edited by Tezuya; 12-25-11 at 02:43 PM.
    12-25-11 02:39 PM
    I have downloaded the upgrade file from the link in the first post. I then double clicked on this file and the item proceeds to install the latest version of the Blackberry Device Software. When I go into the desktop software it tells me that I have the latest version .706. When I go into update/view other versions only .706 and previous version are showing.

Must be doing something wrong here!
    Malcolm.
    OK Buddy - let's get you an easy way to this ...

(1) Possibly you still have .706 installed on your PC. Uninstall it.

(2) Now - install .723

(3) Go to C: program files\common files\research in motion\AppLoader
    and DELETE the vendor.xml file

(4) Close AppLoader, return to your desktop.

(5) Connect 9780 with usb and start the Desktop Software

(6) You will see the upgrade option NOW. Use it and let the whole process proceed till the full job is over - Do Not Disconnect !!

now go ahead and enjoy the new OS -
    12-25-11 02:58 PM
    Is this happening for anyone else? When I receive text messages, I can't scroll all the way up - the cursor disappears entirely so I can't look at previous ones. Can only read the most recent two or three, depending on the length of the texts. This might prove to be a big enough problem for me to consider downgrading.. EDIT: Ah, the problem seems to have disappeared temporarily, I can look at previous messages but they're all short ones. I wonder if it's only the longer ones that have this problem, will continue to use this build and see if there's any more issues.

don't see it as a problem -

Your avatar info says : u sittin' on .480

(480 is now ancient !! ) and we ain't discussing it here ...
    Last edited by audio_engr; 12-25-11 at 03:03 PM.
    12-25-11 03:00 PM
    OK Buddy - let's get you an easy way to this ...

(1) Possibly you still have .706 installed on your PC. Uninstall it.

(2) Now - install .723

(3) Go to C: program files\common files\research in motion\AppLoader
    and DELETE the vendor.xml file

(4) Close AppLoader, return to your desktop.

(5) Connect 9780 with usb and start the Desktop Software

(6) You will see the upgrade option NOW. Use it and let the whole process proceed till the full job is over - Do Not Disconnect !!

now go ahead and enjoy the new OS -
    Thanks for coming back so quickly audio_engr.

I did not install .706 via PC I did it through the wireless update on the handset, so I am assuming it is not on my PC.

I have deleted vendor.xml from the location above.

I closed everything, and connected 9780 via USB and started desktop software. Still no upgrade to .723.

I'll switch everything off, reboot 9780 and try again tomorrow.

Happy days
    Malcolm.
    12-25-11 03:47 PM
    don't see it as a problem -

Your avatar info says : u sittin' on .480

(480 is now ancient !! ) and we ain't discussing it here ...
    Yeahhhh, I've been meaning to update that. But I am running .723 just for clarification. Update: Hmm well, the problem occurs randomly but it's not that bad, so I guess I won't downgrade. Will just wait on the next stable build!
    Last edited by Tezuya; 12-25-11 at 03:58 PM.
    12-25-11 03:53 PM
    Is RIM rolling out buggy version... all the posting here doesn't seem very promising since .706...
    I'm holding out until the Asia version came out or until the .723 +ve comments overcome the -ve comments
    Last edited by henghs; 12-25-11 at 09:15 PM.
    12-25-11 09:08 PM
    Is RIM rolling out buggy version... all the posting here doesn't seem very promising since .706...
    I'm holding out until the Asia version came out or until the .723 +ve comments overcome the -ve comments
    Depending on which version you came from. Coming from .6xx builds, I think .723 is a solid release...

Positives:

- the OS doesn't get bogged down/slows down (where transitions get sluggish/choppy) when you work it hard
    - battery life is a bit better (not getting the accelerated drain like some are experiencing)
    - radio seems to be much more solid

Negatives:

- compose PIN message seems to be missing but reappears after a reset, but disappears again
    - accelerated battery drain (might or might not happen for you)
    - notification tray/bar is jumbled if you have 3+ notifications for a specific app (messaging, calendar, BBM, etc.) (but this has appeared in builds after .4xx for me)

Depending on what may or may not affect you, it could be a bad build or a very good one. For me, it's the latter.
    henghs, Ganayni94 and Linuxnizer like this.
    12-26-11 12:47 AM
    Thanks for coming back so quickly audio_engr.

I did not install .706 via PC I did it through the wireless update on the handset, so I am assuming it is not on my PC.

I have deleted vendor.xml from the location above.

I closed everything, and connected 9780 via USB and started desktop software. Still no upgrade to .723.

I'll switch everything off, reboot 9780 and try again tomorrow.

Happy days
    Malcolm.
    Search in "My Computer" for Vendor.xml . Sometimes there is a hidden Vendor
    Last edited by Ganayni94; 12-26-11 at 03:22 AM.
    12-26-11 03:19 AM
    I think battery life with me is getting better day after another !
    After my post which said that my Battery was drained completely while sleeping from 40% on 2G,now Ive slept with 89% and waked up with 80% on 2G also !
    So I think it may be getting better
    12-26-11 03:21 AM
249 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD