Hello, I have a question. Is there anyway to backup my data without using Dm? If I connect to DM the IT policy is re-enabled on my phone. I'd like to wipe before upgrading but I can't back up and restore my data unless I skip the wipe and upgrade through app loader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There is no other way to backup all data and third party apps.

Use the DM backup feature to backup the DATA and then for third party apps Use The DM, but you will need to read about how to do it as it would take me to long to type it all out (use the search feature in crackberry to find how to backup third party apps), but it is simple to do. If you don't care about backing up your third party apps like some ppl rather not. Then don't, just reinstall them again like when you first got them.

Read Post #19 about how i wipe a load a OS, best way ever.
    04-11-10 07:31 AM
    might try this out. using the leaked with willyboys v3 hybrid and getting bad memory leaks still after mucking around with the shink prog and installing it a few times.
    04-11-10 07:38 AM
    thought i add this since i cant see it anywhere

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1004 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1004
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.592
    * Software Platform: 5.2.0.57
    * File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.592_Azerc ell.exe
    * File size: 123.47MB
    04-11-10 07:39 AM
    Hey guys, I really hope someone can help me. My device has been ridiculously slow these past few months, the phone isn't even holding a days worth of messages now, and I only have 5 apps installed. I bit the bullet, and nuked the phone using CrackMem and proceeded to install this newest OS. It barely took 10 minutes, and now when the phone starts up it just hangs on the loading screen, the bar shoots up to about 2/3rds (the one under the BB Logo) and just stops. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? I diddn't remove anything apart from the vendor.xml

Thanks

edit: oh the bar just moved! Patience is a virtue!
    Lol ... i read your edited info .... the bar wll take a seriously long time to move when installing any OS, we get to see this action unlike 4.6 OS'es where you sat and saw a White Screen for 5 min or so..... lol

So to anyone else doing 5.0 installs the install Bar can take 5-10 min to fully install the OS.

As for your phone being slow for the past few months and so forth. My guess and its only a Guess, is the phone needed a fresh install ....

It could be a number of reasons why it was slowing down, anywhere from garbaged installs of apps or memory leaking apps or battery, memory allocation is not enough any more due to you holding onto every message, email, pictures and so forth.

Try the New OS out for a few hours or so and see if this slowness Occurs without installing back all your data and apps and if all is well. Then install your data back and apps and try and see if any slowness occurs. You get the idea as it maybe an APP or two or whatever that can be causing this slowness.
    04-11-10 07:39 AM
    Ok now back to my posting about this OS.

So far this moring when i woke up battery is at 76% and before i went to bed it was around 82% like i earlier posted which is when i went to bed shorthly afterwards.

So far memory when i woke up is around 30mb which is similar to what it was when i went to bed.

So in summary no battery draining for me and all my apps installed anyways there seems to be virtually no memory leakage.

The theme i use and have been using now for at least 4 OS'es now is the one called Indigo which is a circular type theme and i know it never has leakage.

Here is a link to this theme and i love this theme as it is easy to navigate and man i just love ti so much thats why i never have change it over 4 or more OS'es ..... Latest eVeek Custom Themes - eVeek | The Free Blackberry Download Community

AND ITS >>> FREE
    Last edited by xamdam; 04-11-10 at 08:26 AM.
    04-11-10 07:47 AM
    thought i add this since i cant see it anywhere

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1004 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1004
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.592
    * Software Platform: 5.2.0.57
    * File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.592_Azerc ell.exe
    * File size: 123.47MB

thks ... my Bad .. i will add to the original post.
    04-11-10 07:49 AM
    thks ... my Bad .. i will add to the original post.
    hehehe no probs. jus saves ppl asking the same questions which they prob would anyways.
    04-11-10 08:00 AM
    Ok now back to my posting about this OS.

So far this moring when i woke up battery is at 76% and before i went to bed it was around 82% like i earlier posted which is when i went to bed shorthly afterwards.

So far memory when i woke up is around 30mb which is similar to what it was when i went to bed.

So in summary no battery draining for me and all my apps installed anyways there seems to be virtually no memory leakage.

The theme i use and have been using now for at least 4 OS'es now is the one called Indigo which is a circular type theme and i know it never has leakage.

Here is a link to this theme and i love this theme as it is easy to navigate and man i just love ti so much thats why i never have change it over 4 or more OS'es ..... Indigo: Free BlackBerry Theme For The Bold, Curve 8900, and Storm

AND ITS >>> FREE
    thanks for the info. just waiting for it to finish downloading. i hope its better than the leaked one at least. i had a bad memory leak compared to .509 wind hellas. i only needed to do a batt pull before i go to sleep. now its a few times a day at least and ive been using it for a few days so the OS has already settled in.
    04-11-10 08:02 AM
    OS 5.0.0.592 did me in. Lost all data for contacts, calendar, and apps. Went back to 5.0.0.509, but cannot retrieve back-up data through DM, as it doesn't recognize my PIN. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    04-11-10 09:17 AM
    Steps i use for wiping and loading any OS.

Use crackmem v3.4 or newer to wipe the phone and install the OS.

Basically it is easy to use this program.

Number one step BACK UP your APPS and DATA.. before ever doing install of a NEW OS.

Check the OS off to on the left of the screen .592 make sure you use the Official one, even betas can be used, but there is the official one out now.

Check off delete vendor file and whatever else you don't want added anymore.

Hit execute selection to execute not adding that junk stuff listed unless you want msn and so forth don't check em off.

Then hit WIPE and a box comes up telling you about typing BrickMyPhone and you need to type it like that cap letters where the cap letters are.

Then sit back awhile and it will WIPE and LOAD the OS all in one STEP, takes maybe 5 min to do.

Thanks for the advice. I'm re-installing the OS on my PC, as well as running CrackMem on the Bold. I'll post results shortly. I'm hoping to be able to continue to use .592, but if I have to go back to .509 so be it.
    04-11-10 09:53 AM
    can anyone upload this to mediafire?
    downloads from blackberry.com are notoriously slow
    04-11-10 10:04 AM
    Well, I thought CrackMem would help me out, but I'm still getting the "Invalid Ring Tone" error. Guess I'll go back to using .509
    04-11-10 10:18 AM
    Think I will wait on some responses before battery life before upgrading. I hope choppy calls are fixed tho
    Choppy calls are most certainly fixed. Battery life is on par if not better than the best 5.0 OS'.

OS 5.0.0.592 did me in. Lost all data for contacts, calendar, and apps. Went back to 5.0.0.509, but cannot retrieve back-up data through DM, as it doesn't recognize my PIN. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    What do you mean "it did you in?" Not recognizing your PIN means you did something wrong because PINs don't change.

Well, I thought CrackMem would help me out, but I'm still getting the "Invalid Ring Tone" error. Guess I'll go back to using .509
    You must be doing something wrong because you are the first person I've seen in 10 days to have this problem. I wouldn't give up as .592 is better than .509.

I don't really know any details of your ring tone error but try manually re-selecting one of these "invalid" ring tones and see if it starts working. If not, give more details.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-11-10 at 10:29 AM.
    04-11-10 10:23 AM
    That is werid as if you backed up and restored using the DM the ringtone you previously had would be restored properly like mine did and has always done so.

A question i have for you are these ringtones or any of the ones you want some ringtone that is your own and not a stock ringtone?

If yes.... try and reload them manually again or try and set a default one then while default is set Pull the Battery Out for 5 min, then try and setup the one you would if its a custom one.

If answer is NO to my question, then i am at a loss as to what is causing this issue as i stated i had it one time a battery pull worked, well actaully 2 pulls fixed, sometimes ppl have to leave the battery out for 1 hour which you can try this and then put it back in.. try one hour first.

.592 is a awesome OS.
    04-11-10 10:45 AM
    DM didn't recognize my PIN because of a faulty usb cable. I got back my address book and my calendar entries. Lost a couple of themes and five or six apps, but can always re-download them (they were freebies). Learned a valuable lesson. At least once a week, always back-up your BB on the DM. Once the shock wears off, may try to download OS 5.0.0.592 again. I'm back on "509" now, but i guess i'll have to do a better "wipe" before i try it again.
    04-11-10 10:47 AM
    If you properly backed up your Data with DM then its only possible a pin is not recognized if your device has newer software on it then the backed up software. In this you will need to manually restore it using the APP LOADER option in the DM menu and not the Restore Option.

By the way when you had .592 on the phone all you needed to do was load your Data using the Restore Option in the DM menu and choose the backup.zip or .ipd file where it was backedup to on your PC.

Now as for backing up Third Party Apps you need to read about how to do that as its to long for me to type out how to do it, but i assure you it is a very very easy process. If you never backed up your Third Party Apps, then they are gone and you will need to install all of them again 1 by 1.

Use the search feature on crackberry.com to located on "how to backup third party apps".
    04-11-10 10:53 AM
    That is werid as if you backed up and restored using the DM the ringtone you previously had would be restored properly like mine did and has always done so.

A question i have for you are these ringtones or any of the ones you want some ringtone that is your own and not a stock ringtone?

If yes.... try and reload them manually again or try and set a default one then while default is set Pull the Battery Out for 5 min, then try and setup the one you would if its a custom one.

If answer is NO to my question, then i am at a loss as to what is causing this issue as i stated i had it one time a battery pull worked, well actaully 2 pulls fixed, sometimes ppl have to leave the battery out for 1 hour which you can try this and then put it back in.. try one hour first.

.592 is a awesome OS.

The ringtones I'm having issues with are the stock ringtones; I haven't put any on my phone, and I pulled the memory card just in case. Since I'm about to head to work, I'll have to live w/ .509 at least until tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help, and I will try to install tomorrow. I won't let this beat me!
    04-11-10 10:57 AM
    The ringtones I'm having issues with are the stock ringtones; I haven't put any on my phone, and I pulled the memory card just in case. Since I'm about to head to work, I'll have to live w/ .509 at least until tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help, and I will try to install tomorrow. I won't let this beat me!
    Thats the right attitude .. never ever let technology beat us humans as we are the ones who make these things and we will train them to do as we wish.

Also try the 1 hour battery pull while your at work... opps you have .509 now.. dang it. well get .592 on and yes use crackmem.
    04-11-10 10:59 AM
    Thats the right attitude .. never ever let technology beat us humans as we are the ones who make these things and we will train them to do as we wish.

Also try the 1 hour battery pull while your at work... opps you have .509 now.. dang it. well get .592 on and yes use crackmem.
    In my infinite wisdom, I realized that I re-installed .592 instead of .509 using crackmem. So far, things are holding steady in terms of ringtones, but I noticed that when I went to test the media player, the album art for the stock Stewart Copeland song was pixelated near the bottom of the photo. Not sure if that means anything.
    04-11-10 11:08 AM
    So far so good. Used DM to to a backup, wiped with bbsak, installed OS on PC, deleted vendor.xml and installed it.

Went thru like a breeze! restored my data, reinstalled all my apps and gained an extra 4mb+ on top. I was on 24 with the leaked version now I'm close to 30mb.

Only thing I noticed that didn't work was Beweather free. Can't connect thru BIS or wifi. Checked permissions and did a reinstall. Might jus wait for the OS to settle in.

Batts nearly dead so I'm gonna do a full charge now and I'll report back later with batt life, mem leaks and any other issues that may come up.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-11-10 11:08 AM
    DM didn't recognize my PIN because of a faulty usb cable. I got back my address book and my calendar entries. Lost a couple of themes and five or six apps, but can always re-download them (they were freebies). Learned a valuable lesson. At least once a week, always back-up your BB on the DM. Once the shock wears off, may try to download OS 5.0.0.592 again. I'm back on "509" now, but i guess i'll have to do a better "wipe" before i try it again.
    More importantly, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS backup everything before attempting to install a new OS.

You know how to do the BB backup on DM - also backup your apps using either BBSAK or this procedure:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    04-11-10 11:12 AM
    In my infinite wisdom, I realized that I re-installed .592 instead of .509 using crackmem. So far, things are holding steady in terms of ringtones, but I noticed that when I went to test the media player, the album art for the stock Stewart Copeland song was pixelated near the bottom of the photo. Not sure if that means anything.
    Ok this what I like you to do.

Wipe the OS again using crackmem and reinstall OS .592 without anything else installed afterwards, basically default like a virgin.

Then go from there.

It sounds like a bad installk or a dirty wipe\install.

I on my phone now so I am heading out, but post away as get the respones through email and I will post back when I can or when I get home.

04-11-10 11:15 AM
    I gave up on wiping with CrackMem - it never brought my phone to the error screen like I wanted it to...to prove it was wiped.

Now I use CrackMem to trim down the OS - then I wipe with BBSAK and load the new OS with BBSAK. Never had a problem.
    04-11-10 11:36 AM
    i installed the leaked .592 and found that the browser was slow as ****. anyone else having this problem?
    04-11-10 12:29 PM
    i installed the leaked .592 and found that the browser was slow as ****. anyone else having this problem?
    I posted earlier about the speed of this os and the browser is fast like 1 to 3 seconds load time on 3g service.

This os is faster then .411 I last was running.

I have yet to find any issues with this os.

Try doing a memory clean or shall I ask did you do a clean wipe of the phone before installing the os?

04-11-10 12:36 PM
330 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD