It's been a while since I've written in the post, so I thought I'd give y'all an update to my .592 problem.

After having the "invalid ringtone" error w/ .592, I downgraded to .509 w/o any issues. Last week I decided to attempt another upgrade, but this time I went w/ the .610 leak. After 5 days of solid use (and stellar memory BTW), I thought I had a winner! No invalid ringtone issues. No hiccups w/ the OS. Super-fast browser. It was perfect...
    ...Until today.

I got a BBM from a friend, and my tone (ChiGong) started to play screwed up. After another message, it was silent. The 3rd time around, I got the *bing bing* sound. So, I tried a battery pull. That worked, for about 10 minutes.

So, I downloaded .592 from O2uk, and installed it on the my phone using CrackMem. I clicked the following modules for removal:

-Vendor.xml
    -BB Startup Video
    -Carrier themes
    -Stock photos
    -TTY Support
    -PTT for ATT

After the install, the ringers weren't working while setting them up. I did a battery pull (left the battery out for 10 minutes) and it seems to be holding stable for a while.

I'm really digging .592 when I'm able to enjoy it, and I'd like to make it work for me until the next big thing comes along. I'm hoping it isn't a hardware problem because the phone wasn't originally purchased by me from AT&T (traded my iPhone to get it) and I have another year until my contract is up. As per my other posts, any help is greatly appreciated!
    05-14-10 06:18 PM
    Took awhile to figure out but new OS works like a dream. Things are better organized and easier to get to, roll speed in browser has been greatly improved, so many other positive things to say, like using a brand new BB. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 11:23 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I was a happy man until about 45 minutes ago. I upgraded my Bold 9000 OS from 4.6 to the Azercell OS 5.0 and everything went successfully! My device was running at a great speed and I was very happy. I got an invitiation to join a BBM group, I accepted and my device froze.

I did a battery pull and it starts to reboot, after about say... 5% of the progress bar, it goes blank and attempts to reboot again but to no avail! It goes on and on and on like this. My Question is, Is my BB Nuked!? I just need to know before I go ahead to follow the "Nuked BB tutorial".

Thank you people. God bless you all.
    05-15-10 07:29 AM
    updated bold to new os, for some stupid reason they have changed the key pad unlock button to the top mute key??

this has resulted in my phone not unlocking if it locks i have to do a batt pull so i can unlock the pad lol.....

anyone else have this issue??
    05-15-10 08:34 AM
    updated bold to new os, for some stupid reason they have changed the key pad unlock button to the top mute key??

this has resulted in my phone not unlocking if it locks i have to do a batt pull so i can unlock the pad lol.....

anyone else have this issue??
    Normally (on .411) you can hold the end button and it will unlock.
    05-15-10 01:33 PM
    thanx, but we have a problem with arabic language " input "
    05-15-10 03:06 PM
    since i need to take off the vender.xml, where would i find the ATT vendor file to work this?
    05-15-10 06:16 PM
    Is anyone experiencing issues connecting to a BES with this OS? I just upgraded and when I try to reactivate the BES the window just says "contacting server" and goes no further.just curious if its just me or if anyone else is having this same issue

Did you ever get BES activated again. I'm ready to upgrade from 4.6, but our telecomm guys don't work on weekends and I'm traveling Monday. I don't want to be without my BB!
    05-15-10 10:19 PM
    hi everyone..im new to this forum and i have a problem with with my bold.at the moment my bold app version is 4.6.0.247 (418) and it really sucks up my battery so fast.with that app,my batt just last 5 hours and then low batt then goes off..please help me with the latest os version and how can i install it in my bold.i heard from my mate that now the latest os for bold is 5.0.0.411....any helps and guidance will be greatly appreciated...thanks...
    05-16-10 09:56 AM
    I upgraded to 5.0.0.592 from 4.6 last night. It was the first time I have upgraded so was quite nervous that I would mess it up.

I backed up the phone; downloaded the file from my carrier's web page; installed it to my PC; connected the BlackBerry to the PC via cable and opened Desktop Manager.

Once the Desktop Manager had connected to my phone it told me that there was an upgrade available. It asked me if I wanted to "Upgrade Now?"

I did.

And now it's faster and more responsive than before.

Just let the Desktop Manager do the work.
    05-16-10 10:33 AM
    I've installed this OS but now my hotspotbrowser doesn't work anymore. Anyone have any suggestions?

Whenever I load a page it times out even though my home screen says I'm connected to my Wifi network... (google, gmail, cnn, ... all sites won't load)
    05-16-10 03:18 PM
    i am running into the prob in when i am trying to install the new OS. it finds my phone but right before it starts the connect, it drops, but works fine with DM...
    05-16-10 11:41 PM
    So I upgraded to 592 last night, everything seems to be fine, but it still drains my battery. The memory leak isn't too bad, little better than 509 imo

i lied. the battery life is 10x better than .509.
    05-17-10 02:09 PM
    need help updating to 5.0 due to connection issues using crackmem. any help?
    05-17-10 04:47 PM
    Just downloaded this 5.0 OS to a 9000 Bold I just bought...and I can't find the native BB business browser, or my media app! I've done a battery pull, and still no media icon on the homescreen...and when I click the browser icon, a "hot spot browser" appears.

What am I doing wrong?

Forgive me for being dense...
    05-17-10 05:47 PM
    will it really make a difference to wipe it completely before installing OS 5.0? i thought the installation process wipes it completely automatically?
    05-17-10 09:19 PM
    will it really make a difference to wipe it completely before installing OS 5.0? i thought the installation process wipes it completely automatically?
    I've always found that by wiping your device and selectively choosing the items you'd like back on your device the best method of installing new OS's. Especially since 592 is an official release, it should do you well until the next official release- this has been the most stable and promising version yet for me.
    05-17-10 10:01 PM
    I've always found that by wiping your device and selectively choosing the items you'd like back on your device the best method of installing new OS's. Especially since 592 is an official release, it should do you well until the next official release- this has been the most stable and promising version yet for me.
    yeah i upgraded to .592 just with the apploader and the phone seems ok. only a little jagged when playing with a movie file but overall, a pretty fast, stable phone.

i wonder if i should try wiping it clean first...
    05-17-10 11:20 PM
    yeah i upgraded to .592 just with the apploader and the phone seems ok. only a little jagged when playing with a movie file but overall, a pretty fast, stable phone.

i wonder if i should try wiping it clean first...
    If you plan on keeping this version for a while (a few months) until something else is release, I'd clean it out, and start a little fresh. Simply restore what needs to be restored.
    05-17-10 11:22 PM
    If you plan on keeping this version for a while (a few months) until something else is release, I'd clean it out, and start a little fresh. Simply restore what needs to be restored.
    the only thing stopping me is that the OS runs exactly how i like it to. i'll regret it if i wipe it and upgrade and problems start up again

edit: so is it true that apploader does NOT wipe your phone clean before installing os 5.0?
    Last edited by kevintech; 05-17-10 at 11:29 PM.
    05-17-10 11:26 PM
    I installed .592 the first day this was posted and all worked fine until yesterday. It seems that I cannot send emails from any account unless I'm connected to a wi-fi network. I have no problems receiving emails when no connected to wi-fi. I have registered through the Host Routing Tables, sent service books, numerous battery pulls...still have the same issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    05-18-10 11:21 AM
    Just downloaded this 5.0 OS to a 9000 Bold I just bought...and I can't find the native BB business browser, or my media app! I've done a battery pull, and still no media icon on the homescreen...and when I click the browser icon, a "hot spot browser" appears.

What am I doing wrong?

Forgive me for being dense...

Could somebody help me out here?

Just realized that since the SIM card wasn't in the Bold (still in my iPhone) that everything would be WiFi-based...

But, what's up with the missing Media icon?
    05-18-10 01:25 PM
    I upgrade this weekend via DM (no wipe) and it worked like a champ. After a day or so of heaving installing/updating apps, I installed the Indigo theme someone recommended for its lack of leakage. I am seeing absurd memory leakage. When it comes back up from a battery pull (very quickly, I might add), it has 20.6MB available of app memory. Without launching any apps, just phone, SMS, email and some light browsing, it is freezing in less than a day and memory is down to 2MB when I check. This evening, I pulled around 5PM, and 6 hrs later, it was down to 6MB free and starting to get sluggish. It could be the theme, and I wouldn't have noticed because I was pulling so often after the initial upgrade. Maybe it is because I didn't wipe during the upgrade. IDK. I'm going to switch back to the basic theme and see if it is any better. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
    05-18-10 10:44 PM
    I just loaded it on Bold 9000 and seems to be working fine. I assume I can do the same on Curve 8520?
    05-19-10 08:29 AM
    Greetings.

Is anyone else's installation hanging at the "Welcome to the Application Loader Wizard" screen? Mine is.

Can anyone advise?

Running Win 7 Ultimate (x64).

Thanks.
    05-21-10 05:51 PM
330 ... 11121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD