Been up and running all day.

Battery we won't know until tomorrow as its spent most of the day plugged in.

General speed of the device seems faster.

Currently sitting at 18.5 meg

More tomorrow when I've had some time on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 07:46 PM
    xamdam...

Since installing any of the v5.0x versions of the OS, my GPS has worked intermittently. If I want to get some results I have to pull the battery, but I am only getting 20metres to 30 meters accuracy, when I had 2m accuracy with the previous 4.x releases.

Also, having problems with playing media - again have to pull the battery, then after a few days, start getting media errors. Pull the battery then go again for a few days.

Yes the 5.0x versions are faster, but do not have the overall stability of all functions like the latest 4.x version of the OS.
    05-05-10 11:26 PM
    No one else is having such issues as you stated. I don't have any of those issues.

I recommend you do another full complete wipe using Crackmem or BBSAK and reinstall the OS again.

My GPS lock, locks on fairly quickly and always i am in with in 3 metres and at worst 12-15 metres.
    05-06-10 06:40 PM
    So a day in I'm very pleased with the latest OS.

Charged overnight. Off the charger at 7am now 5pm 70% battery with a number of phone calls, email, bbm, downloaded and installed a new app ota. Not a bad days work for the Bold.

Also excited to report I'm holding at 20.7 meg with Opera and the new eBay application running watching some items.

OS seems overall faster to boot.

Also a note to the prev poster, no problems with the GPS here using in conjunction with Google Maps app.

05-06-10 07:06 PM
    reboot time with this OS is 1 minute
    05-06-10 11:57 PM
    yea love the reboot time on this OS. havent seen an OS boot that quick. this is coming from a person who has a bold 9000, curve 8520 and just recently got a bold 9700.
    05-07-10 05:02 AM
    Anyone see a problem with duplicates on today themes?
    Whenever I use a theme with the today function it duplicates each entry for some reason and when you open the entry it looks like it has the details but has a function to send email reminder or something?
    Very strange
    05-07-10 08:44 AM
    anyone find a problem with this OS where it shows that you have unread text messages? but ive got nothing unread. it says i have 6 unread messages, i do a battery pull and it goes back to 2, i do another battery pull and it goes back to 1, i do another and it goes back to 1. i don't know what else to do. any suggestions anyone?
    05-08-10 12:07 PM
    anyone find a problem with this OS where it shows that you have unread text messages? but ive got nothing unread. it says i have 6 unread messages, i do a battery pull and it goes back to 2, i do another battery pull and it goes back to 1, i do another and it goes back to 1. i don't know what else to do. any suggestions anyone?
    Never had this issue on this OS, but i remember back in the 4.6 OS days.

I had to get the carrier to resend the service books and i also made sure that i had no prior text messages saved.

Try calling the carrier up or try and resend the service books again yourself.
    05-09-10 09:30 AM
    I am trying to upgrade from 4.6 on my 9000 to the latest hybrid from Azercell. I have downloaded the file and it shows up in apploader but it says "no action required" when I attempt to upgrade. I even tried crackmem first and deleted the vendor file but it didn't help. Am I doing something wrong? Should I delete the 4.6 file first? Any suggestions are appreciated.

EDIT: Had not wiped my device. As soon as I did this the process began. Waiting for it to load now.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 05-09-10 at 10:13 AM.
    05-09-10 09:58 AM
    I just read your post and your edit.

Ok post when all is done, I hope you read my first post in this thread which is the actual first post of the thread.

05-09-10 12:07 PM
    running just fine, i really like the new additions and little details, finally in OS 5 the mute button has its real purpose
    05-09-10 04:25 PM
    Is anyone experiencing issues connecting to a BES with this OS? I just upgraded and when I try to reactivate the BES the window just says "contacting server" and goes no further.just curious if its just me or if anyone else is having this same issue

05-10-10 04:00 AM
    I can't get it to work. I've tried everything that has been suggested to me including the guide in the first post in this thread, multiple other suggestions, and following the blackberry 101 guide to installing a new OS. Nothing works. Can anyone help me please? For specific details and errors I've encountered my thread "Why can't I upgrade my Bold" has a lot more information than I put here.

If anyone has any suggestions they could be greatly appreciated as I'm growing very frustrated with what should be a simple upgrade.
    05-10-10 12:01 PM
    I can't get it to work. I've tried everything that has been suggested to me including the guide in the first post in this thread, multiple other suggestions, and following the blackberry 101 guide to installing a new OS. Nothing works. Can anyone help me please? For specific details and errors I've encountered my thread "Why can't I upgrade my Bold" has a lot more information than I put here.

If anyone has any suggestions they could be greatly appreciated as I'm growing very frustrated with what should be a simple upgrade.

Wipe the phone manually first.

- Go to Options
    - Security Options
    - Security Wipe

Then wipe the emails and user installed apps.

Then load up crackmem and follow my Instructions to the Tee in the very first post in this Thread.

Make sure you have any other OS uninstalled off the PC before running crackmem.

NOTE: I have never need to do a wipe before crackem nor have i ever had to uninstall any other OS off the PC beforehand.

So try what i said as i can't figure out why your having this issue, but after trying what i said above and it still does not allow you to upgrade.. please post back.

NOTE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Make Sure the DM is exited before running Crackmem.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Make Sure the DM is exited before running Crackmem.
    Last edited by xamdam; 05-10-10 at 12:46 PM.
    05-10-10 12:44 PM
    Wipe the phone manually first.

- Go to Options
    - Security Options
    - Security Wipe

Then wipe the emails and user installed apps.

Then load up crackmem and follow my Instructions to the Tee in the very first post in this Thread.

Make sure you have any other OS uninstalled off the PC before running crackmem.

NOTE: I have never need to do a wipe before crackem nor have i ever had to uninstall any other OS off the PC beforehand.

So try what i said as i can't figure out why your having this issue, but after trying what i said above and it still does not allow you to upgrade.. please post back.

NOTE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Make Sure the DM is exited before running Crackmem.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Make Sure the DM is exited before running Crackmem.

Okay. I'm extremely nervous about completely wiping the phone but I will give this a try... (gulp)

Edit: I don't see any Security Options pane in DM.
    05-10-10 01:05 PM
    Ok so I wiped the device and then tried what you told me to but it did not work. When the device is wiped it does not show up in AppLoader so I can't hit "next" to move on to the installation. I am stuck because the computer can't seem to connect to a device in that state.
    05-10-10 02:56 PM
    I just read your post and your edit.

Ok post when all is done, I hope you read my first post in this thread which is the actual first post of the thread.

I was actually reading instructions from another post which did not have this step. Thanks for posting the correct sequence. It worked fine and I am now enjoying the latest OS on my Bold.
    05-10-10 04:39 PM
    So I upgraded to 592 last night, everything seems to be fine, but it still darins my battery. The memory leak isn't too bad, little better than 509 imo

05-11-10 08:56 AM
    Ok so I wiped the device and then tried what you told me to but it did not work. When the device is wiped it does not show up in AppLoader so I can't hit "next" to move on to the installation. I am stuck because the computer can't seem to connect to a device in that state.
    Ok i am at a loss here.

Close the DM down.
    Don't open App Loader

-----------

Open Crackmem
    Make sure no other OS is installed on the PC, basically on the LEFT side of crackmem their should only be THE 5.0 OS LISTED ..... Make sure to CHECK it OFF and HIT CONFIRM OS SELECTION

Check off what you don't want to load (remove whatever), but somethings will load anyway as it is carrier based to do so.

Make sure the VENDOR.XML is deleted, DO SO MANUALLY as i ALWAYS DO.

Then hit Execute Selections

Then Hit Wipe Device. TYPE IN BrickMyPhone and POOF it should WORK>>>>> if not >>> then your phone is POSSESSED with ANTI-RIM POISON and it HATES YOU>>>>

Seriously if this don't work i don't know what else to say as NO ONE and i mean NO ONE has ever had this issue like you have.
    05-12-10 06:18 PM
    I talked my friend into upgrading to 5.0.0.592 and everything works fine, except he is getting "invalid ringtone" error. Only his vibrate works. I'm sorry if this issue has been mentioned before but is there a fix? Thanks!

Update: A battery pull seem to have fix this issue, but is this a temp fix?

thanks
    Last edited by croft; 05-13-10 at 03:17 PM.
    05-13-10 02:03 PM
    Thanks for the easy to follow instructions and links.

I loaded new OS and have a few issues-
    Can't find Password Keeper - this is a serious problem for me.
    Have "Confirm Delete" turned off in Messages>General Settings and still have confirm whenever I delete a message.

I must have done something wrong.
    Any insights or help would be appreciated.

__________________________________________________ _

I figured it out - Thanks again for links and instructions -
    Last edited by MiniBB; 05-13-10 at 10:24 PM.
    05-13-10 06:14 PM
    So with this release can you press and hold the star key to key lock? or does it put it in standby?
    05-14-10 01:41 AM
    Thanks for the easy to follow instructions and links.

I loaded new OS and have a few issues-
    Can't find Password Keeper - this is a serious problem for me.
    Have "Confirm Delete" turned off in Messages>General Settings and still have confirm whenever I delete a message.

I must have done something wrong.
    Any insights or help would be appreciated.

__________________________________________________ _

I figured it out - Thanks again for links and instructions -
    It's possible that you did not put a check mark next to "password keeper" when you did the OS install. Launch apploader with your device connected and follow the prompts to get to the list of items you can choose. Make sure password keeper is selected and let it install it for you.

If it's already selected then you must have it hidden in some subfolder somewhere...you can confirm whether or not it's on your device by using BBSAK to read the .cods you have installed and see if it's in there.
    05-14-10 03:08 PM
    So with this release can you press and hold the star key to key lock? or does it put it in standby?
    Perhaps the issue here is that in order for "K" to engage the password lock, three things are required:

1) Dial from home screen disabled.

2) Obviously, a password must be set and enabled.

3) You press the K button (not press and hold...which will engage the speed dial function).
    Other ways to engage the password lock are via "security timeout", password lock icon, setting the password lock icon to a side convenience key, quicklaunch, etc.

Mute and star keys are, for the near future at least, for standby only.
    05-14-10 03:11 PM
330 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD