If you're gonna downgrade for battery life you may as well go for a 4.6 OS. Most people are saying these latest 5.0 builds are getting better and better with battery life. Maybe you should try .610 but I doubt it's significantly better than .592.

I've never seen a profile switch by itself...except if you have it set in clock options to do so when entering and exiting bedside mode...which I think is an amazing new little feature.

Also, I was not aware that profile switching made any difference to the alarm clock...I use my BB alarm clock to wake up for work every morning and it has never failed me. Not once.
    I can live with the battery life...I plug it up @ work and use Slacker or Pandora throughout the day. My main concern is the profiles switching by itself.

It's happend about 3 times in two weeks. My phone was in the Vibrate Only mode...and all of a sudden it rings. The second time it was in Normal mode and played a completley different tone than I had selected. Then, the alarm swithed it's sound from Alarm_Quickbell to BBPro_Link, and I woke to a very subtle "dink" sound instead of the blaring bells that I'm used to.

I just hope this doesn't happen in a movie theater or in a wedding or some other setting of substantial importance.
    04-22-10 01:11 PM
    Just installed this version today and all seems fine except Shazam as jeffreil has already mentioned. Did try an uninstall and reinstall for Shazam but no joy. Will probably drop them a message on Twitter and see if they can shed any light

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Here's the only bit of hope I've seen:

I did receive an immediate reply from Shazam support, which I thought was a good sign-- seems they are based out of the UK, which I didn't know.
    =======

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:31 AM
    To:<me>
    Subject: RE: Shazam not working on Verizon BB Tour 9630 after upgrade to OS 5

Hi there

I�m afraid that the app is currently not supported by all of the newly released 5.0 OS builds (official and Beta) � our development team are working on updating the app to function correctly with the new builds. In the meantime, if you�re willing/able to downgrade to an earlier OS, this will enable you to use Shazam again. If not, I�ll be keeping your details to hand and will be back in touch the moment the software has been updated with a direct link to download/update - V.2.5.2 is expected imminently.

Sincere apologies for the disruption to your service, I hope to be back in touch very soon.

Kind regards,

==========
    04-22-10 02:24 PM
    is it just me or have they removed the ability to set the convenience keys to lock the keypad in .592??
    This only works if you have a password set. Otherwise the "Password Lock" icon will disappear along with the ability to reference it with the side convenience keys.

New to the forum but have been "stalking" for a little while. Upgraded to 592 and have had no issues until yesterday. I was playing music via media player and 3 different times it decided it had to reboot. Never had this happen with any other OS. Anyone else have this happen. The music is on SD card.
    I've been listening to music all week and never had a reboot. No clue what might be causing this for you. You can try opening the card on your PC and searching for ALL the hidden .dat files and deleting them. After that you might try to backup the media card data on your PC and format the card.

I can live with the battery life...I plug it up @ work and use Slacker or Pandora throughout the day. My main concern is the profiles switching by itself.

It's happend about 3 times in two weeks. My phone was in the Vibrate Only mode...and all of a sudden it rings. The second time it was in Normal mode and played a completley different tone than I had selected. Then, the alarm swithed it's sound from Alarm_Quickbell to BBPro_Link, and I woke to a very subtle "dink" sound instead of the blaring bells that I'm used to.

I just hope this doesn't happen in a movie theater or in a wedding or some other setting of substantial importance.
    Hate to say it but it sounds like you need to do a clean wipe and reinstall the OS. I have not seen a single person in this nor the beta thread have that problem so I don't think it's OS specific.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-22-10 at 02:29 PM.
    04-22-10 02:25 PM
    Shazam 2.5.2 was released and fixes the incompatibility on these latest OS 5.0 builds. It's now working fine for me on .592.
    04-24-10 09:09 AM
    Shazam 2.5.2 was released and fixes the incompatibility on these latest OS 5.0 builds. It's now working fine for me on .592.
    Where can I get the 2.5.2 update? I tried the BB app world and their website and the latest they have is 2.5.1.
    04-25-10 10:43 PM
    Where can I get the 2.5.2 update? I tried the BB app world and their website and the latest they have is 2.5.1.
    Never mind I found it on their website. They don't have the new update for Shazam encore on their yet.
    04-26-10 01:03 AM
    Have been running 592 for four days now
    Battery could be better
    Signals holding well
    Call quality is pretty good
    I think this one is defiantly a keeper for me anyway

04-26-10 02:44 AM
    Just downloaded .592 and used Willy's 3.1 hybrid installer and everything went smooth and I didnt even use bbsak or crack mem.

The 3.1v installer even reset my BES for Lotus notes without me contacting my IT contact at work, that's first!!

No choppy calls anymore from the .509, that was the main reason for upgrading
    04-26-10 04:28 AM
    I am using 592 from AXIS Indonesia. Very stable.
    04-29-10 07:33 PM
    Updated to the 5.0 os system yesterday. So far so good. The browser is noticeably faster. Does have some different looks. Here is my question. I had berry buzz installed for my profiles and ever since I updated it vanished. Looked everywhere for it. Any ideas?

04-30-10 01:21 PM
  11. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    Updated to the 5.0 os system yesterday. So far so good. The browser is noticeably faster. Does have some different looks. Here is my question. I had berry buzz installed for my profiles and ever since I updated it vanished. Looked everywhere for it. Any ideas?

You have to make sure you back up 3rd party apps but if you bought BerryBuzz you should have a reg. code and be able to re-download it and then put the code back in that verifies that you paid for it. I always have to do that when I update the OS it shouldnt matter if you backed it up or not.
    04-30-10 03:15 PM

Also, the battery is much better on my 9OOO. Been messing with it all day and still have 2 bars. Old OS it would have been dead a long time ago.

04-30-10 04:16 PM
    Thanks for the post, it works perfectly well for me. Everything seems faster and no bugs so far !
    05-01-10 09:41 AM
    Anyone running Ascendo DataVault on their Bold?

I've just gone back to my Bold after my Storm 1 became unreliable. I have installed DataVault 4.4.8.

However when I put the new Registration key in nothing happens when I click Register or Register Later.

Ascendo are at loss.
    05-02-10 05:21 AM
    loving the new 5.0 so far but there's 1 rather bugging issue for me.

the phone constantly restarts itself if i turn it off or for some reason does a soft reset on it's own. is there a solution to this?
    05-03-10 11:23 AM
    I am having the same issue with you..

I am in the habit of keyboard lock after the use of the phone but i discovered that if you press the button ((top of the Phone left side), it will blank the screen i.e lock the phone and if you want to unlock, you press the button again.

My guess is this is a permanent hardware feature than software.

rgds

can someone check to see if the "keyboard lock" option can be set to the left convenience key for me? its not available in .592 for me after install

anyone know of a fix for this? this option is key for me.
    05-04-10 12:10 AM
    is this upgrade compatible with an unlocked bold from AT&T thats under T-mobile service?
    05-04-10 12:55 AM
    is this upgrade compatible with an unlocked bold from AT&T thats under T-mobile service?
    Read my first post in this thread = the very first post of the thread for instructions on how to upgrade.

This OS and any BOLD 9000 OS can be loaded onto any BOLD 9000 no matter what carrier you maybe with.
    05-04-10 06:56 AM
    Read my first post in this thread = the very first post of the thread for instructions on how to upgrade.

This OS and any BOLD 9000 OS can be loaded onto any BOLD 9000 no matter what carrier you maybe with.
    ok, last question. if i have a mac how should i go about the procedure. I cannot use crackmem on my mac..does it make a difference?
    05-04-10 06:02 PM
    Sorry to ask, but I have downloaded this to my computer and it does not show up in the app loader. I have uninstalled all previous versions of OS's from the computer and saved the download to the desktop. I then ran and it appeared to load the OS to my laptop. However, it does not appear in the app loader. Iave have loaded many OS, both official and leaks, and this is the first time I have encountered this issue. I'm running windows 7. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks

05-04-10 07:15 PM
    Sorry to ask, but I have downloaded this to my computer and it does not show up in the app loader. I have uninstalled all previous versions of OS's from the computer and saved the download to the desktop. I then ran and it appeared to load the OS to my laptop. However, it does not appear in the app loader. Iave have loaded many OS, both official and leaks, and this is the first time I have encountered this issue. I'm running windows 7. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks

Try running crackmem and make sure to delete the vendor.xml manually.

Read my first post = the first post in this Entire Thread.
    05-04-10 07:38 PM
    ok, last question. if i have a mac how should i go about the procedure. I cannot use crackmem on my mac..does it make a difference?
    I know nothing about macs, but i do know that others on here have a MAC and have installed using a MAC. Hope someone posts soon for you

Or

Read this entire thread as i think someone else had the same question as you.

Or

If you can go use a PC even if its your mom's, dad's, friends or whomever.

Download and install the OS to their PC and install the Blackberry Download Manager and crackmem and be down with it...
    05-04-10 07:45 PM
    Downloading now. Currently running .509 and experiencing memory leaks.

No other issues, but I'm hoping this build will not have me struggling with 10meg at the end of the day like my current build.
    05-05-10 12:19 PM
    Is anybody experiencing problems with your BOLD receiving a GPS signal. Since I installed this OS i haven't been able to lock onto a satellite using google maps, blackberry maps or poynt.
    anybody know how I can fix this?
    05-05-10 05:55 PM
    Is anybody experiencing problems with your BOLD receiving a GPS signal. Since I installed this OS i haven't been able to lock onto a satellite using google maps, blackberry maps or poynt.
    anybody know how I can fix this?
    Nope I know of no one having this issue, but I must suggest that you make sure GPS is enabled and cell tower location is enabled and assisted location to.

I use google maps and poynt, I don't use blackberry maps. Infact I don't have BB maps installed.

05-05-10 06:06 PM
330 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD