That's way more than you needed to do.

If you just installed the OS - whichever one contains the games or apps you're missing - all the .cod files will be in the apploader folder. You can simply install the .cod(s) with BBSAK from there. No need to do anything to your device except a possible reboot after install.
    Tried that but didn't work. I believe that the reason i can't find the three "to go" apps, is that they never left the phone. I think that they are buried, if that is the right terminology, somewhere deep within the phone. Maybe i should try using the Darkside of the force to extract those apps ?
    04-15-10 09:01 PM
    im still on the latest 4.6 from rogers, im worried to upgrade to 5.0 cause of bugs.. any major bugs in this one ?? some people i see are having ringtone issues... anyone here upgrade to this one from 4.6 and not have any problems?

rogers bold 9000 is my phone btw..
    No major bugs, actually i have yet to find any just like many others in this thread.

Yeah there is some getting custom ringtone issues, but do remember that its all based upon what custom ringtones they are using.
    04-15-10 09:28 PM
    Tried that but didn't work. I believe that the reason i can't find the three "to go" apps, is that they never left the phone. I think that they are buried, if that is the right terminology, somewhere deep within the phone. Maybe i should try using the Darkside of the force to extract those apps ?
    You can use BBSAK to do a "Read System" - this will show you all the .cods that are loaded on your phone. You can search them to see if the Docs To Go etc. files are on there.
    04-15-10 09:43 PM
    You can use BBSAK to do a "Read System" - this will show you all the .cods that are loaded on your phone. You can search them to see if the Docs To Go etc. files are on there.
    Tried doing that, but it's all numbers and codes to me. What about "factory reset" ? Would that work or should i just leave it alone.
    04-15-10 10:43 PM
    im still on the latest 4.6 from rogers, im worried to upgrade to 5.0 cause of bugs.. any major bugs in this one ?? some people i see are having ringtone issues... anyone here upgrade to this one from 4.6 and not have any problems?

rogers bold 9000 is my phone btw..
    I'm on rogers with a bold 9000 and this is the best OS so far for me. I use shrink-a-os and MCP to shrink and load my OS's onto my bold. No bugs for me at all. I don't use custom ringtones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 11:52 PM
    Tried doing that, but it's all numbers and codes to me. What about "factory reset" ? Would that work or should i just leave it alone.
    Don't factory reset. That won't get you anywhere.

Try again with the system read. It's not all codes and numbers. It shows you the file names - for example, if it's installed you'll see a lot of .cods on your device like "DocsToGoCommon47.cod".

Don't give up so easily - you'll never learn anything fun!
    04-16-10 09:46 AM
    I had the same issue, and I've posted about it numerous times in this thread. Long story short; I had to go back to .509 WIND Hellas because of the ringtone issue.

I went back and read your previous post on this ringtone issue. I lose access to all ringtones at least twice a day resulting in lots of missed calls. I don't know if its something that triggers it or not. A simple battery pull will remedy the problem but that is not something I want to do continuously during the course of each day. Therefore, like you, I will probably go back to .509 or try the leaked .610.
    Aside from the ringtone issue everything worked perfectly.
    04-16-10 11:55 AM
    Since installing this OS this morning everything seems ok so far except that I can't change any sounds aside from the Ringtone. When I go to Options / Sounds and Notifications I'm at the Ring tone setting. I can modify everything there but I can't get back to change anything else. Any suggestions?
    04-16-10 12:57 PM
    Don't factory reset. That won't get you anywhere.

Try again with the system read. It's not all codes and numbers. It shows you the file names - for example, if it's installed you'll see a lot of .cods on your device like "DocsToGoCommon47.cod".

Don't give up so easily - you'll never learn anything fun!
    It was not fun reading through that whole system chart, and what i was looking for was not there. No "to go" apps, no .cod anything. I tried an old backup file, and i still can't find it. The good news is that i can live without it. Thanks for your help.
    04-16-10 04:53 PM
    It was not fun reading through that whole system chart, and what i was looking for was not there. No "to go" apps, no .cod anything. I tried an old backup file, and i still can't find it. The good news is that i can live without it. Thanks for your help.
    That means it's not on your phone and needs to be installed! There are a few.cods for it - I think you need 2 or 3 for each "To Go" app you want.

By the way, you didn't have to read the whole thing! Just use find/search for things like "togo" or "docs" etc.

Your next best bet is to plug your phone in and fire up Desktop Manager - go to Application Loader. Use Add/Remove Applications to install the .alx file.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000AllLang_v5.0.0.592_P5.2.0.57\Java

I believe it's called "DocumentsToGo47.alx" -

You should be able to use it to install these .cods automatically:

DocsToGoCommon47.cod
    DocsToGoCommon47Resource.cod
    DocsToGoCommon47Resource_en.cod
    SheetToGo47.cod
    SheetToGo47Resource.cod
    SheetToGo47Resource_en.cod
    SlideshowToGo47.cod
    SlideshowToGo47Resource.cod
    SlideshowToGo47Resource_en.cod
    WordToGo47.cod
    WordToGo47Resource.cod
    WordToGo47Resource_en.cod
    04-16-10 06:18 PM
    Hello, I just updated my phone to this release using Crackmem. I used the instructions in the link to back up and restore my third party apps but when I try to do that it says that the app is not compatible. Any ideas?

And also, why do people use Crackmem to update their phones instead of just using DM. I have used DM for every other upgrade I have done and it has always been very easy and it retains all my data and settings.
    04-16-10 08:15 PM
    That means it's not on your phone and needs to be installed! There are a few.cods for it - I think you need 2 or 3 for each "To Go" app you want.

By the way, you didn't have to read the whole thing! Just use find/search for things like "togo" or "docs" etc.

Your next best bet is to plug your phone in and fire up Desktop Manager - go to Application Loader. Use Add/Remove Applications to install the .alx file.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000AllLang_v5.0.0.592_P5.2.0.57\Java

I believe it's called "DocumentsToGo47.alx" -

You should be able to use it to install these .cods automatically:

DocsToGoCommon47.cod
    DocsToGoCommon47Resource.cod
    DocsToGoCommon47Resource_en.cod
    SheetToGo47.cod
    SheetToGo47Resource.cod
    SheetToGo47Resource_en.cod
    SlideshowToGo47.cod
    SlideshowToGo47Resource.cod
    SlideshowToGo47Resource_en.cod
    WordToGo47.cod
    WordToGo47Resource.cod
    WordToGo47Resource_en.cod
    Found them, but DM would not load them because it thinks that they are already in phone. Same for BBSAK. Is there any way that i can force them into the phone, even if they are already there?
    04-17-10 08:28 AM
    Found them, but DM would not load them because it thinks that they are already in phone. Same for BBSAK. Is there any way that i can force them into the phone, even if they are already there?
    Here is the error message on the DM, word for word: No additional applications can be found. Your file might contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible for your device, or have errors. I'll bet documents to go is already in the phone. I just can't find it, or put it on the home screen. What about a complete wipe of the OS, and then a reinstall ?
    04-17-10 08:54 AM

04-17-10 09:13 AM
    I loaded this os from .411 and I now have to press mute to unlock my phone instead of entering my password. And if its only been a minute since I locked it, it doesn't require a password at all. Since my mute button is not working really well, this is a bit of a pain for me.

04-17-10 09:15 AM
    No major bugs, actually i have yet to find any just like many others in this thread.

Yeah there is some getting custom ringtone issues, but do remember that its all based upon what custom ringtones they are using.
    ok sounds good i have nothing to do all day today so im gonna bite the bullet and finally upgrade to 5.0 , i dont have any custom ringtones, all i have is a custom theme by hulkster the
    10 icons L style, 7x calendar today section is the one i have.. so i shouldnt have any problems?

update**

im confused as how to back up my data , also i have a data plan what about my service books? will they still work or no? btw can anyone point me to a thorough tutorial for how to update a OS on a different vendor?? ( im with rogers)
    Last edited by bigbold9000; 04-17-10 at 11:22 AM.
    04-17-10 10:45 AM
    hi everyone,

i have installed this OS just a few hours ago...
    it works fine and well...

as a nubie, I just want to share what I did, perhaps it seems strange but well it works on my side.

Before I start, I downloaded the new OS, JL_Cmder and CrackMem first.

Step 1:
    Connect my BB to PC through it USB Cable and keep it connected till the end of all the below steps

Step 2:
    Run the DM from PC, and Back Up my BB as normal. Once done, close DM.

Step 3:
    Run JL_Cmder and select Wipe. This will wipe BB completely.

Step 4:
    Install the OS.

Step 5:
    Delete Vendor.XML manually.

Step 6:
    Install and Run CrackMem, select the new OS, select what you don't need and then select Wipe.

Step 7:
    Run DM again and Advanced Restore your data. For me, I only restore: Contacts, Calendar, MemoPads, BBGroups, BBM, Messages, SMS Messages, Saved Messaged.

Step 8:
    Let the BB run for about 1 hour, so that all it's settings through the provider are working on it's own.

Step 9:
    Restart BB by taking off the battery and let it run for 15 mins, and then take off the battery again and put it back.

Step 10:
    Re-installed your YM, FB, MSN, GoogleTalk, GoogleMaps etc.

Unplug the USB cable if your batt has enough power.

Now my BB is running @25MB++ with 349 emails... and had been stable in the last 2 hours...

Normally I would have to reboot at least 3 times a day due to memory leaked...

Thank to xandam....

cheers....
    04-17-10 12:22 PM
    The link is floating somewhere on this site. Your theme (guessing it's Hulkster's) will work fine on os 5.0. To back up your data, simply plug in your device and go to back up/restore and back-up in Desktop Manager. My service books automatically restored after updating, it took awhile for BIS to reconnect but it did.

For a different vendor:
    Install the OS 5.0 and go into
    C:/program files/ common files/ research in motion and find and delete Vendor.xml

04-17-10 12:23 PM
    ok so i deleted the vendor.xml file and i backed up my stuff.. now what?
    04-17-10 01:23 PM
    Hey guys
    Installed the os last night and everything went as smooth as ever. Just noticed a stupid problem though. Youtube vids don't seem to want to playback on this build. Earlier, just going to youtube.com and clicking on a video would load the video in the Video Player and stream nicely. Now, I am always getting Error Playing media error.

Anyone else getting this error or anyway to fix it if you guys know of a way maybe?

Thanks in advance

04-17-10 02:36 PM
    I remember seeing a similar problem earlier in this thread but I discovered I also have the issue where none of my preloaded ringers will work. Was a solution found for this?

I am still not seeing the advantage to updating using crackmem because it has just caused nothing but problems it seems like. I wasn't able to restore my third party apps and now my ringers won't work. Any help would be appreciated before I just downgrade back to 4.6 and use DM to upgrade to 5.0 this time.
    Last edited by chococheese; 04-17-10 at 03:47 PM.
    04-17-10 03:37 PM
    I remember seeing a similar problem earlier in this thread but I discovered I also have the issue where none of my preloaded ringers will work. Was a solution found for this?

I am still not seeing the advantage to updating using crackmem because it has just caused nothing but problems it seems like. I wasn't able to restore my third party apps and now my ringers won't work. Any help would be appreciated before I just downgrade back to 4.6 and use DM to upgrade to 5.0 this time.
    I also had the ringtone issue with .592. The only remedy I found was a frequent battery pull. Everything else worked perfectly. I decided to take a chance on .610 and could not be happier with that decision. Try it, you'll like it.
    My phone is running perfectly with no noticeable issues. All my apps (core and third party) were installed without a problem. Unless there is some major improvements in future OS upgrades -- I'll be stuck on .610. The best build ever.
    04-17-10 04:27 PM
    So in order to use my ringtones without it giving me the "invalid ringtone" error message, I need to do battery pulls all the time? Doesn't sound very worthwhile to me. Is it a widespread issue with this release? I don't mind having to re install the OS a different way this time in order to get it to work properly but otherwise I will just restore to 4.6 cause I would like to be able to use all the ringtones.
    Last edited by chococheese; 04-17-10 at 04:38 PM.
    04-17-10 04:35 PM
    Kudos to xamdam on an excellent tutorial.
    04-17-10 06:01 PM
    What about a "factory reset" using BBSAK ? If that works, i could isolate all the "to go" apps and then reinstall OS 5.0.0.592. I don't know if installing the whole original OS will solve the problem.
    04-17-10 06:31 PM
330 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD