Choppy calls are gone on this OS. As to the message issue, I don't use a password/lock, so I can't help you there (other than to suggest the obvious restart). Finally, you can delete BBM, just not the older version installed with the OS. Go to and download the newer version of (5.0.0.57) of BBM and install it over the older version. It will then switch from being an undeletable Core app to a fully deletable Add-on app.
    I was still having choppy calls at lunch, I just hope the other person was in a bad reception area, but I am not totally convinced.

Thanks for the advice on the bbm upgrade then delete, will do that in a bit.

However, the message problem is still there with a big problem. After doing a restart it is now showing I have 4 unread messages...but I definitely do not. I have been into messages, performed a search for all unread, but nothing appears. Any other ideas before I down grade?
    04-14-10 09:54 AM
    I was still having choppy calls at lunch, I just hope the other person was in a bad reception area, but I am not totally convinced.

Thanks for the advice on the bbm upgrade then delete, will do that in a bit.

However, the message problem is still there with a big problem. After doing a restart it is now showing I have 4 unread messages...but I definitely do not. I have been into messages, performed a search for all unread, but nothing appears. Any other ideas before I down grade?
    try clearing your sms database.

i'd hardly downgrade because of that issue...
    04-14-10 10:31 AM
    Please tell me where you got this theme from.

Thanks.

Joe
    It is indeed Hulksters 10 icon, 7 calendar L theme. They work 99% fine on OS 5.0.
    04-14-10 11:34 AM
    I'd lay odds it was debug code in the original leaked .592 code.

I don't see how it's possible since RIM numbers the app versions and sends them to carriers for them to test - the carrier cannot change RIM's operating system - they can only choose which language files to include.

Did you install the leaked OS more than once to verify the memory loss didn't have to do with the way you installed it?

Leaked:
    9000jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.59 2.exe

Azercell:
    9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.592_Azerc ell.exe

Looks like one is Multilanguage (9000M) and one is "All" (9000jAllLang)
    04-14-10 01:31 PM
    I've put .592 two days ago and it's perfect.

+10 MB of memory
    ~15% faster
    All apps workin' great.
    04-14-10 06:41 PM
    Is n e one else still have a problems with the there speakerphone? Choppy calls are gone btw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I still notice the issue with the speaker, it still makes the screeching noise when I'm moving it around as I speak, but if I have it placed on my desk or in the holster, then its fine...I don't have any choppy calls thou, call quality is perfect.
    04-14-10 08:54 PM
    New OS working great. Even the bluetooth sounds crisper (according to my wife). Funny thing though, i seemed to have misplaced three native apps. I used to have three apps that came with the phone. Word to go, sheet to go, and i can't remember the last one, but it also ended in "to go". The one that i can't remember i used for writing documents and putting those docs in a folder. I tried looking in my back-up files, but couldn't find them. Hopefully, somebody can help me out with this. Thanks in advance.
    04-14-10 09:26 PM
    I hereby pronounce this the first completely problem-free 5.0 OS for the 9000. So far. And at least for me.

I would think AT&T would release this as an "official" 5.0 OS. Not that I care, though.
    04-15-10 06:24 AM
    I'm having wifi problems.

04-15-10 08:16 AM

Hmm, not here. What kind of problems? I had to do an initial setup of sorts after the upgrade, but since then I just automatically connect to my home wifi w/o problem. I haven't tried it out and about in hotspots, but then again, since I have 3G everywhere I go, it's not all that much of a concern.
    04-15-10 08:31 AM

What issues are you experiencing?

Connectivity can be of a few issues.

Try clearing the profile you made and rescan for devices. Then of course add your router again.

Or

Try unplugging the router for 10-20 secs and your modem at sametime and replug then back it at sametime or within secs of each other.

See if this solves the issue.
    04-15-10 08:56 AM
    I hereby pronounce this the first completely problem-free 5.0 OS for the 9000. So far. And at least for me.

I would think AT&T would release this as an "official" 5.0 OS. Not that I care, though.
    If only Shazam would work I'd be set. That's probably something that should be fixed on Shazam's side though.
    04-15-10 09:43 AM
    New OS working great. Even the bluetooth sounds crisper (according to my wife). Funny thing though, i seemed to have misplaced three native apps. I used to have three apps that came with the phone. Word to go, sheet to go, and i can't remember the last one, but it also ended in "to go". The one that i can't remember i used for writing documents and putting those docs in a folder. I tried looking in my back-up files, but couldn't find them. Hopefully, somebody can help me out with this. Thanks in advance.
    I think its Slide To Go or something similar - the Powerpoint type App. I had a few apps go missing, one of which was Brickbreaker which was a complete disaster for me

I used a method on here to get brickbreaker back but it would work for any app, and that was to download your 'official' OS from your service provider. Backup your data, then Install it. This would contain the To Go apps. Then backup the Apps using BBSAK to a directory.

Then reload this OS and restore your data, and use BBSAK to manually add the Apps back from the directory you specified above.

Its a lot of pissing about, but it did the trick.
    04-15-10 10:23 AM
    Ok please read through this entire THREAD before posting that the Phone Lock with password works.

Cause it does not.

A not work
    K not work, some claim it does, but i have yet seen anyone prove so.
    Mute not work

All the above will only lock the keyboard, not the phone with password, except K for me is a speed dial option and should be for every BOLD user.

The only way i can engage my password lock for the phone is by using QuickLaunch program to set it up to lock the phone and this takes only 2 secs to push and its locked instantly until password is entered.

There is also the password lock icon (when password is made you will see this icon on the home screen).
    Why dont you take note of the multiple posts with people using lock with a password and standby without one setup. Also take note of the multiple possts on every blackberry is not the same, every OS on every blackberry doesnt act the same.

I have .592 installed, i got tired of using standby so on this OS i create a password and use A to lock it with no problems.
    04-15-10 10:28 AM
    Just so we're not confusing different locking functions, I want to clarify what I have posted earlier.

This is how it works for me (on .592). I have password enabled.

I can enable the password lock by pressing "k" from the home screen, by clicking on the lock icon, or by using a shortcut in Qucklaunch. When unlocking, it shows a box that says "Device is locked" with 3 options underneath: unlock, emergency, and cancel. To unlock, I have to enter my password.

I can enable the standby/keyboard lock by pressing and holding down "a" or the mute button. I can unlock by pressing the mute button. If I hit some of the other keys (call button, blackberry button, etc) first, the phone shows a message that says, "Keypad is locked. Press the mute button to unlock." It does not require a password to unlock unless it reaches the security timeout limit that I have set for the password lock.

Like I said before, I'm not sure if the "k" shortcut will work on the .509 OS. I think I tried it when I was using that OS, but I am not sure. It definitely works for me on .592, as long as I have password enabled.

I have attached some screen caps. Hopefully this will work for you. The locking features are the only things I don't like about the 5.0 OS.
    Thanks for comfirming IT DOES WORK!
    04-15-10 10:32 AM
    Ok dang it..... i was holding the f'ing K key not just press it ....... man ppl you need to be clearer on your typing skills.

The A key needed to be HELD to LOCK the phone in password screen LOCK.

So i was right about the f'ing K key not working .... and i stand corrected that its does WORK, but by pressing it NOT HOLDING it.

Thks jeffreii for clarifying this for ALL of US.

I still use Quicklaunch to enable this option, but i will use K now as well.
    Thanks for confirming IT DOES WORK!
    04-15-10 10:36 AM
    Thanks for comfirming IT DOES WORK!
    Oh and thks for those who don't clearly state that you DON'T HAVE to HOLD the K button down like YOU DID for the A button.

By the way I rather DIAL from KEYPAD so i still use quicklaunch to lock the device with password enabled in 2 secs it takes to do and i still can dial from the KEYPAD. Which is a awesome feature i can not live without as when wanting to say call "Joe" i can just hit the J key and search for the name, Very Fast too and for anyones name in the contact list this can be done for.
    04-15-10 10:38 AM
    My install was trouble free until yesterday when all my ring tones stopped working. I removed the battery for a couple of minutes and ring tone operation was restored. But it happened again this morning. Removed the battery again and all is ok again. Hopefully this won't be an ongoing problem. Anyone else experience this with .592 ?
    04-15-10 11:21 AM
    so, who has gone into memory and seen 89MB available. It is compression, what are the implications of this? obviously there would be a decompress/compress cycle so a slowdown, but any other thoughts?
    04-15-10 12:15 PM
    I think its Slide To Go or something similar - the Powerpoint type App. I had a few apps go missing, one of which was Brickbreaker which was a complete disaster for me

I used a method on here to get brickbreaker back but it would work for any app, and that was to download your 'official' OS from your service provider. Backup your data, then Install it. This would contain the To Go apps. Then backup the Apps using BBSAK to a directory.

Then reload this OS and restore your data, and use BBSAK to manually add the Apps back from the directory you specified above.

Its a lot of pissing about, but it did the trick.
    That's way more than you needed to do.

If you just installed the OS - whichever one contains the games or apps you're missing - all the .cod files will be in the apploader folder. You can simply install the .cod(s) with BBSAK from there. No need to do anything to your device except a possible reboot after install.
    04-15-10 01:52 PM
    Hmm, not here. What kind of problems? I had to do an initial setup of sorts after the upgrade, but since then I just automatically connect to my home wifi w/o problem. I haven't tried it out and about in hotspots, but then again, since I have 3G everywhere I go, it's not all that much of a concern.
    I have my home and work networks saved and initially it would automatically connect unless I did a reboot. After a reboot I'd need to manually connect. Not a big deal. Now it says its connected but the wifi icon is grey and there is a white line instead of a green check. After a bit it will disconnect completley. I like to have the wifi on when my phone updates all my podcasts.

04-15-10 01:58 PM
    I just upgraded to this new OS, and now when I try to put any now events into my calendar the default email address it wants to sync with says "Groups" I am not a member of any BBM Groups so there are none to send my events to.
    When I went into the "Default Services" option to adjust this, I noticed that there is no "Groups" option. The address I want my calendar to sync with is highlighted.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Am I doing something completely wrong? Any tips or advice are most welcome.
    Thank you!

B
    04-15-10 02:01 PM
    My install was trouble free until yesterday when all my ring tones stopped working. I removed the battery for a couple of minutes and ring tone operation was restored. But it happened again this morning. Removed the battery again and all is ok again. Hopefully this won't be an ongoing problem. Anyone else experience this with .592 ?
    I had the same issue, and I've posted about it numerous times in this thread. Long story short; I had to go back to .509 WIND Hellas because of the ringtone issue.
    04-15-10 02:43 PM
    just loaded to my bold and this is the best one yet! seems more responsive and less memory leaks. I run a lot of apps on my bold and by half the day, I would get the warning of low memory. I've been checking my memory throughout the day and it has been consistently at 10+mb free
    04-15-10 03:33 PM
    im still on the latest 4.6 from rogers, im worried to upgrade to 5.0 cause of bugs.. any major bugs in this one ?? some people i see are having ringtone issues... anyone here upgrade to this one from 4.6 and not have any problems?

rogers bold 9000 is my phone btw..
    04-15-10 07:56 PM
330 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD