Does this have the small icons on homescreen like .509 has? I love those icons and hope this will have it too.

Come on, RIM, give some small icon love :P
    Not sure - here's what my home page looks like:

04-13-10 12:38 PM
    It all depends on what theme is used i use thsi theme Indigo and i love it.

Latest eVeek Custom Themes - eVeek | The Free Blackberry Download Community

Its the 6th one down the list and its FREE. The picture show the homepage on the left and the locked page when password enabled.
    04-13-10 12:42 PM
    forced to reinstall OS since I had a JVM 102 Error. did a wipe and started from scratch, so why not try .592.

a couple of issues i've experienced:
    • BING app wouldnt initialize.
    • When in AppSwitcher, when I scroll over Ubertwitter icon, the screen freaks a bit. like it flashes only when it scrolls over UT. doesnt happen over native apps or other 3rd party apps.
    • battery level drops a lot during startup
    • last, in berry tunes 2.5, when i listen to radio stations i had added, i get terrible feedback. my friend calls it ghostly, but i dont get the feedback in Iheartradio or flycast. i was able to listen to these stations before.

still playing with it. so i'll report more later.
    04-13-10 12:58 PM
    forced to reinstall OS since I had a JVM 102 Error. did a wipe and started from scratch, so why not try .592.

• When in AppSwitcher, when I scroll over Ubertwitter icon, the screen freaks a bit. like it flashes only when it scrolls over UT. doesnt happen over native apps or other 3rd party apps.
    • last, in berry tunes 2.5, when i listen to radio stations i had added, i get terrible feedback. my friend calls it ghostly, but i dont get the feedback in Iheartradio or flycast. i was able to listen to these stations before.

Battery level on a Reset start up is around 4-5% thats not huge compared to other 5.0 OS'es were doing 25% loss.

All the other issues you state i have none of those.

I recommend doing another total CLEAN wipe and reinstall the OS again to see if it all clears up.
    04-13-10 01:11 PM
    I recommend doing another total CLEAN wipe and reinstall the OS again to see if it all clears up.
    I knew you were going to say that. Are you a big fan of enemas?

Seriously, though, we were having this discussion over in the Beta OS forum -- App Loader does wipe your phone when you load a new OS. The error message you get after doing what you call a clean wipe appears and everything.
    04-13-10 02:19 PM
    I knew you were going to say that. Are you a big fan of enemas?

Seriously, though, we were having this discussion over in the Beta OS forum -- App Loader does wipe your phone when you load a new OS. The error message you get after doing what you call a clean wipe appears and everything.
    Well if someone is getting freaky icons and crappy sound issues and flashing screens and music not playing so well and complaining of a big battery loss on startup and so forth and no one else is complaining of this.

It sounds like a bad dirty install, but then again it could be his phone is depising the new OS, then again maybe he should just try what i suggested

Or

Better yet, do a 1 hour battery pull to see if that fixes his freaky icon, flashy screen, crappy sounding music... BB.
    04-13-10 02:50 PM
    Loving this official os especially because it gave me 10 mb more memory...woohoo
    04-13-10 03:11 PM
    This may be a silly question but do I have to use Acercell to install this? Sorry to sound like a noob but I've been given a bold 9000 and want to upgrade it.
    04-13-10 03:21 PM
    This may be a silly question but do I have to use Acercell to install this? Sorry to sound like a noob but I've been given a bold 9000 and want to upgrade it.
    Just read the very first post to upgrade and thats all you will need to know.

Any OS that is not from your carrier or mine and blah blah blah... vendor.xml file must be deleted.

Read the first post of this thread.
    04-13-10 03:27 PM

In case you didn't know, RIM has a twitter app now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 03:34 PM
    I just wanted to say thanks for the posts. I'm a late coming to the 5.0 OS for the 9000 but am a novice on this sort of stuff. Anyway, i read several of the posts on this thread and installed the 5.0 without any issues what so ever. Thanks
    04-13-10 04:25 PM
    i didnt think i came off as complaining, i was simply just noting the odd things i've experienced. if people experienced the same, then maybe we can have an idea of the bugs, if not, i'll look into it since it may be my own bb. i have upgraded before and i did do a clean wipe via bbsak and honestly like what i see so far. faster boot up, smoother.

• bing? no loss. rarely used, so deleted.
    • UT? just a weird thing that doesnt affect performance in anyway.
    • battery level drops. just an observation. yes other OS did the same thing.
    • I actually emailed Virtual Views abt Berry Tunes, and they had replied saying RIM had changed something in the OS and I'm not the first to notify them. they suggested downgrading.

i'll probably play with it for the next week, before backing up and then wiping again per suggestion. the pulling battery out for an extensive time didnt work (20 min. -->i forgot abt it while i was working).

? i've had OS 5.0 for a bit, but i was thinking so many ppl like meterberry and meterberry works only for OS 5.0. do you know if i could use it?
    04-13-10 04:38 PM
    uh so i installed...everything is fine except that fact that i cant find coverage...this isnt my first time doing an os upgrade that isnt from rogers...so im not sure wtf i should do here

n e suggestions
    04-13-10 05:21 PM
    scratch that all is good...only problem i see is that it didnt reinstall some of the games the phone came with but thats w.e
    04-13-10 05:51 PM
    Software Download for Cable & Wireless Channel Island

Welcome Cable and Wireless Customers! To view software for a BlackBerry product, please select a product from the drop down menu and click Select :

Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.771 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.771
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.464
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.41
    File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel771_PL5.2.0.41_A5.0.0.464_Cable_ and_Wireless_Ltd.exe
    File size: 119.27MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    04-13-10 07:06 PM
    Software Download for Cable & Wireless Channel Island

Welcome Cable and Wireless Customers! To view software for a BlackBerry product, please select a product from the drop down menu and click Select :

Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.771 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.771
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.464
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.41
    File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel771_PL5.2.0.41_A5.0.0.464_Cable_ and_Wireless_Ltd.exe
    File size: 119.27MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    That's an old 5.0 OS (.464) - .771 is the "package version" - we always refer to them by their "app version".
    04-13-10 07:10 PM
    Not sure - here's what my home page looks like:

Please tell me where you got this theme from.

Thanks.

Joe
    04-14-10 02:45 AM
    Hi,

I upgraded to .592 last night, previously I had another V5 os which was good except very choppy calls, so hoping this will fix it. However I think I have picked up a bug this morning, and another annoyance.

Firstly the bug - I use the security lock - this morning when it was locked I received a two part text message, after reading the message it is still displaying as unread, and there is no way of solving this. I have been into the text messages and mark everything prior to today as read and still cannot get rid of the new message icon, does anyone have any ideas?

Secondly, I now on this os cannot remove Blackberry Messenger, the delete option has gone from the applications list, and it will not let me remove when installing the os from my computer neither. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Russ
    04-14-10 04:26 AM
    Can some one upload this please, getting 12kbs from the blackberry site! Annoying!!

04-14-10 05:35 AM

Thanks.

Joe
    I had thought it was the exact same 10-icon L-style Today calendar theme by CB denizen Hulkster that I use (linked in my sig), but I see one tiny difference -- the "l" in Calendar is underlined on mine. Otherwise identical, though.
    04-14-10 07:14 AM
    Hi,

I upgraded to .592 last night, previously I had another V5 os which was good except very choppy calls, so hoping this will fix it. However I think I have picked up a bug this morning, and another annoyance.

Firstly the bug - I use the security lock - this morning when it was locked I received a two part text message, after reading the message it is still displaying as unread, and there is no way of solving this. I have been into the text messages and mark everything prior to today as read and still cannot get rid of the new message icon, does anyone have any ideas?

Secondly, I now on this os cannot remove Blackberry Messenger, the delete option has gone from the applications list, and it will not let me remove when installing the os from my computer neither. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Russ
    Choppy calls are gone on this OS. As to the message issue, I don't use a password/lock, so I can't help you there (other than to suggest the obvious restart). Finally, you can delete BBM, just not the older version installed with the OS. Go to http://www.blackberry.com/messenger and download the newer version of (5.0.0.57) of BBM and install it over the older version. It will then switch from being an undeletable Core app to a fully deletable Add-on app.
    04-14-10 07:22 AM

Thanks.

Joe
    http://bb-ota.servehttp.com/index.html
    I'm sure its a hulkster theme, check the link!!
    His themes run flawlessly on my bold

04-14-10 07:23 AM
    Is n e one else still have a problems with the there speakerphone? Choppy calls are gone btw

04-14-10 08:58 AM
    Been running:

* Applications: 5.0.0.592
    * Software Platform: 5.2.0.57

Since yesterday, and the memory is much better. I'm on an ATT Bold, and love it so far. I upgraded (after wiping) from the Wind Hellas OS 5. Only problem I had was the encrypted files on my SD card would no longer work. Didn't have this problem when I upgraded from ATT offical OS (v4) to Wind Hellas (v5).
    04-14-10 08:58 AM
    Did you wipe when you upgrade to .509? Since you wiped with this release, there are now new encryption keys in place on your device. The old encrypted files are now unreadable.
    04-14-10 09:50 AM
330 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD