hey...im current running the windhellas realese and was wondering about 3 things
    1.battery life...same,less or better?
    2.do choppy calls still occur?
    3.does the speakerphone still make that loud squeeling sound?
    Battery life is same
    Choppy calls have gone.
    Speaker doesn't squeak.

Its the best build by far.
    04-12-10 10:30 AM
    JasW I meet your conditions.
    1. I upgraded from the leaked .592 which I installed when it first came out
    2. I did drop around 5-8 MB in post-restart app memory
    3. I have upgraded to this "official" version of .592 and find myself back to where is was in the .509 version or whatever was before this, getting old and getting forgetful in what version came before this one.
    Other than the memory gained back I find it completely the same. It is not as bulky as the "leaked" version.
    Still the best O/S so far IMHO!
    I salute you, sir. I'm upgrading to the "official" version as I write. Using Shrink-A-OS for the first time, too, instead of just manually deleting odd stuff from the OS folder, so I'm looking forward to bountiful memory.
    04-12-10 10:48 AM
    I'm trying to download this file but its downloading @ 4kb/sec. wtf?

Anyone have a mirror link?
    04-12-10 10:55 AM
    WOW very interesting. So on boot up what memory were you seeing?
    39MB on boot up
    04-12-10 10:57 AM
    I'm thinking I will just wipe and try the official version myself and see if there are any changes. And go from there.
    I salute you, sir. I'm upgrading to the "official" version as I write. Using Shrink-A-OS for the first time, too, instead of just manually deleting odd stuff from the OS folder, so I'm looking forward to bountiful memory.
    I thought it was basically a fact, based on comments by Crucial and others, that beta and official OS's with the same App Version have identical java files...only language files are sometimes different?
    04-12-10 11:00 AM
    Got the 5MB back lost from the leaked .592, yaaay!

Which goes to show you that sometimes there is a difference between the leaked beta and the "official" release.
    04-12-10 11:24 AM
    I just like to state between the Leaked Version and this Official Version is the size of the leaked version is 148mb, but the official version is 123mb and both are multilanguage.

Maybe leaked version i have sitting on my desktop has more language support, but anyway i am still running OS .411 and may try out this Official .592 soon or maybe i will let some guinea pigs do so first..
    Whatever the reason this O/S is giving more memory back!
    04-12-10 11:25 AM
    I thought it was basically a fact, based on comments by Crucial and others, that beta and official OS's with the same App Version have identical java files...only language files are sometimes different?
    That's what I'd been led to believe, but the leaked version .592 file was 20 MB bulkier than the official, and now I've gotten back that 5 MB I'd lost by moving to the official. So I dunno.
    04-12-10 11:32 AM
    That's what I'd been led to believe, but the leaked version .592 file was 20 MB bulkier than the official, and now I've gotten back that 5 MB I'd lost by moving to the official. So I dunno.
    I don't see how it's possible since RIM numbers the app versions and sends them to carriers for them to test - the carrier cannot change RIM's operating system - they can only choose which language files to include.

Did you install the leaked OS more than once to verify the memory loss didn't have to do with the way you installed it?

Leaked:
    9000jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.59 2.exe

Azercell:
    9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.592_Azerc ell.exe

Looks like one is Multilanguage (9000M) and one is "All" (9000jAllLang)
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-12-10 at 11:51 AM.
    04-12-10 11:43 AM
    I don't see how it's possible since RIM numbers the app versions and sends them to carriers for them to test - the carrier cannot change RIM's operating system - they can only choose which language files to include.

Did you install the leaked OS more than once to verify the memory loss didn't have to do with the way you installed it?

Leaked:
    9000jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.59 2.exe

Azercell:
    9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1004_PL5.2.0.57_A5.0.0.592_Azerc ell.exe

Looks like one is Multilanguage (9000M) and one is "All" (9000jAllLang)
    That was the point i was making when i typed a post many moons ago in this thread the difference in size of the leaked ALL language OS vs the Official Multilanguage which is about 20mb difference = the possible 5mb difference in APP memory that people lost when installing the leaked version.

Just because it is APP memory allocation, don't anyone be fooled that the OS is not indeed part of that memory allocation. The more language files the less APP memory and so forth in OS application upgrades = core apps and so forth.
    Last edited by xamdam; 04-12-10 at 12:06 PM.
    04-12-10 12:01 PM
    Semantics are to blame here. Now I understand that you want to lock the phone with a password, not just lock the keyboard and prevent the phone from doing anything without being unlocked.

You are correct - there are still several ways to lock the phone with a password though...

1) Security timeout - phone can be set to lock itself after as little as 1 minute.

2) Password Lock icon - Once you set a password there is a Password Lock icon that can be used to instantly lock the phone.

3) Assign a convenience key to Password Lock icon - Once you set a password you can also assign either convenience key to the "Password Lock" icon.

4) Auto-lock on Holster - there's an option in Options / Password to "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering"

5) Quicklaunch and other apps

All in all though, I agree you should be able to set it to lock the phone with a password on "keyboard lock."

I don't use a password though...I find it annoying as heck...so this doesn't bother me.
    Yes lock phone with password showing up and finally someone as brilliant as myself has now understood my undeluisonal typing skills as to what i was typing about those so many times...

K only works for Speed Dial adding a shortcut for me and not for locking the keypad or the actually phone passworded.

A and the Mute key use to do the above before the newest 5.0 OS'es.

Quicklaunch will allow the use of locking the phone = with password screen up in a 2 second process so i am not worried about it, but its for other ppls information about what quicklaunch can do, plsu more it can do in terms of loading up apps faster and even a restart the phone option = reset the phone = not to mean wipe the phone, but to rebot the phone and much much more.
    04-12-10 12:06 PM
    That was the point i was making when i typed a post many moons ago in thsi thread the difference in size of the leaked ALL language OS vs the Official Multilanguage which is about 20mb difference = the possible 5mb difference in APP memory that people lost when installing the leaked version.

Just because it is APP memory allocation, don't anyone be fooled that the OS is not indeed part of that memory allocation. The more language files the less APP memory and so forth in OS application upgrades = core apps and so forth.
    Well you definitely didn't help by telling me that the OS and the App memory are the same - DUH lol

BUT you did lead me to look at my Java folder and see that despite not installing any extra languages (making sure they were not selected in Apploader) - many of the .cods in my Java folder are for other languages!

If I do a search for (an example) files with _fr in the java folder I get 40 files (43, but 3 of them are like _framework...40 are _fr or _french) totalling 1.70MB. That's just one of maaaany languages I see. That definitely explains it!

The next question is...can I delete ALL of these .cods that are for other languages? Fire up BBSAK??
    04-12-10 12:07 PM
    and even a restart the phone option = reset the phone = not to mean wipe the phone, but to rebot the phone and much much more.
    ALT+CAPS+DEL?

I have not bought in to Quicklaunch!
    04-12-10 12:09 PM
    Well, I think I might be in the clear in terms of .592. I did one final install last night, which included removing anything blackberry related on my PC, including redownloading DM and the OS. After the install, I checked the "sample photos" album, and the pics were still bad, so I thought I was SOL. I did a battery pull and went about setting my ringers, without looking in that folder. That was at 11:30 last night. So 12 hours later, everything seems to be working properly. App memory is sitting at 28.5MB since last night, with the following apps loaded:

Facebook
    Twitter from RIM
    App World
    WeatherEye
    Pageonce Assistant
    Docs to Go

So far I love the OS in terms of speed, and I'm glad the carrier font has gone back to it's normal size from the smaller one in .509. Bluetooth connectivity seems solid while connected to my Nuvi 265wt, and I haven't had any choppy/dropped calls on the headset. I'm not sure how the battery life is yet. I just unplugged it from the charger and won't go back to it until the green light shows up.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the help and advice!
    Your welcome and i still have no idea why your pics look bad as my pictures look ok which are saved on the SD card i have.

It could be bad pictures or got messed up on install of OS.

I suggest this for you to try.

Copy the pictures off the phone and put them on your PC's desktop for faster locating them and see if the look good when viewed from you PC's windows media or paint or photoshop whatever you use to see pictures.

If they look good then i cna safely state its a device issue or maybe messed up after the OS install or a screen issue and blah blah blah.

Ok if they do look good, delete the ones on the phone and then reload the ones from your PC back to the phones media lacation or the SD card if you have one installed. Then of course see if they look good or bad.

If after doing this and the pictures look good, great....... if not then don;t use the phone for picture taking....

I don't use the phone that much for pictures as i have a nice Canon camera i carry aound with me most days.

Seriously if they still look bad.... i would try formating the media folder where the pictures were stored and reload then up again to see if they are good or bad looking, basically formating the Ram/Memory, just note that if you do so BACKUP all the data or pictures you have stored in the media sections and notes and documents and so forth.
    04-12-10 12:15 PM
    Well, I'm going to steer clear of All Language OSes from now on if I can help it.

I also just realized I had a bunch of video MMS messages I hadn't deleted, and getting rid of them gave me close to another 4MB after restart . . . so I'm sitting pretty memory-wise now.
    04-12-10 12:15 PM
    I had used CrackMem to strip unwanted items out of my OS. It seems like Shrink-A-OS will do a much better job of removing those language files. Here's what I found when I ran Shrink-A-OS on my java folder AFTER already doing CrackMem.

23MB - Removed by CrackMem (ran first)
    40MB - Removed by Shrink (ran 2nd so might have removed all 23MB that CrackMem removed as well)
    48MB - Remaining in Java folder after CrackMem AND Shrink

This is with the "AllLang" leaked version.

Looks like the only language files Shrink missed were _ko and _ro files...although it definitely did get some of them - just not all.

I'm waiting on an important phone call but I'm going to re-confirm my current bootup file free space and then run loader to remove all these files Shrink-A-OS just got rid of and see what the difference is after...stay tuned.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-12-10 at 12:33 PM.
    04-12-10 12:24 PM
    Got the 5MB back lost from the leaked .592, yaaay!

Which goes to show you that sometimes there is a difference between the leaked beta and the "official" release.
    Same here. Booted with 38.5

Apps:

Google Maps
    Berryweather
    Berrybuzz
    Capture it
    04-12-10 12:34 PM
    ALT+CAPS+DEL?

I have not bought in to Quicklaunch!
    Yes the ALT+CAPS+DEL stills works like usual for rebooting the phone and yes i use them instead of quicklaunch 90% of the time as i am use to hitting them when uninstalling apps i tried out and so forth.

Now to answer your question about removing any COD's of other languages using BBSAK if that programs allows you to do. Then is see no issues with it and i would be interested to know about it.

U be the fall guy and test it out for us here and see as if we can remove COD's of languages we never installed anyways, but are sitting on the phone to be installed through the DM.
    04-12-10 12:35 PM
    I too was under this impression but I did the samething with the beta and the official release and got totally different results.

I will monitor it and see how it goes.
    04-12-10 12:56 PM
    U be the fall guy and test it out for us here and see as if we can remove COD's of languages we never installed anyways, but are sitting on the phone to be installed through the DM.
    Well it didn't do much for me...if memory is changed it's less than 1MB...

I wish I had done a system read with BBSAK beforehand so I could compare it to what I have now...none of those other language .cods are in my system read...but I can't confirm whether or not they were there before I ran loader.exe. Yes they were in my Java folder but Loader doesn't install everything it sees in Java.

However, not a single one of those _ko and _ro files that are still in my Java folder are actually on my system read...so I suspect the language files are a non issue unless you install them. Which leads us back to square one...and continues my skepticism about you guys actually gaining memory from installing the official instead of the leaked.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-12-10 at 01:33 PM.
    04-12-10 01:13 PM
    Well, my success was short lived, as I witnessed my ringtone die on me during an incoming phone call. It started to ring as normal (Using ClassicPhone ringer) and it abruptly cut out midway through the ring. I feel defeated and drained from trying to load this OS, so I'm going to re-install .509 and keep that on for a while. Maybe one day when I have more patience I'll attempt .592 again, but for now I need something that'll work on my phone.
    04-12-10 02:04 PM
    Well it didn't do much for me...if memory is changed it's less than 1MB...

I wish I had done a system read with BBSAK beforehand so I could compare it to what I have now...none of those other language .cods are in my system read...but I can't confirm whether or not they were there before I ran loader.exe. Yes they were in my Java folder but Loader doesn't install everything it sees in Java.

However, not a single one of those _ko and _ro files that are still in my Java folder are actually on my system read...so I suspect the language files are a non issue unless you install them. Which leads us back to square one...and continues my skepticism about you guys actually gaining memory from installing the official instead of the leaked.
    Skepticism? Yeah, OK, I made it all up.

All I can tell you is what I've told you: I lost around 5 MB of post-restart app memory when I installed the leaked All Language version of .592 and I got it back when I installed the "official" Multilanguage version of .592.

A lot of people reported losing this amount of post-restart memory in the .592 beta thread, and another poster and I have confirmed here in this thread that this "lost" memory is back with the official .592.

You're the only one I can recall who didn't lose any memory.

Aha! (cue Twilight Zone music) You're the alien.
    04-12-10 02:49 PM
    Well you definitely didn't help by telling me that the OS and the App memory are the same - DUH lol

BUT you did lead me to look at my Java folder and see that despite not installing any extra languages (making sure they were not selected in Apploader) - many of the .cods in my Java folder are for other languages!

If I do a search for (an example) files with _fr in the java folder I get 40 files (43, but 3 of them are like _framework...40 are _fr or _french) totalling 1.70MB. That's just one of maaaany languages I see. That definitely explains it!

The next question is...can I delete ALL of these .cods that are for other languages? Fire up BBSAK??
    Skepticism? Yeah, OK, I made it all up.

All I can tell you is what I've told you: I lost around 5 MB of post-restart app memory when I installed the leaked All Language version of .592 and I got it back when I installed the "official" Multilanguage version of .592.

A lot of people reported losing this amount of post-restart memory in the .592 beta thread, and another poster and I have confirmed here in this thread that this "lost" memory is back with the official .592.

You're the only one I can recall who didn't lose any memory.

Aha! (cue Twilight Zone music) You're the alien.

Ok i will fight on jeffreii's behalf....

What if and i say this from experience .... what if the OS'es are compressed in the actual downloaded files and of course uncompressed once loaded up onto the phone which would mean in these 2 OS'es one leaked and one not leaked, one with ALL languages and one that Stated Multilanguage when loaded had a 5mb difference in memory allocation loss or gain between them.

Now perhaps the leaked version was somewhat in a beta still unoptimized coding still to be released as Official? This of course could be the reason as well.

Perhaps we all were drinking a little to hard and our eyes and mind were playing tricks on us and we all perhaps came to the conclusion of the "Who Cares Factor" we just know there was/is a difference between the two and we have proven it to be so ..... again.

Now lets get on with how we love this OS and testing of it....

I love this os and testing it out still without any issues so far.
    04-12-10 03:30 PM
    Well, my success was short lived, as I witnessed my ringtone die on me during an incoming phone call. It started to ring as normal (Using ClassicPhone ringer) and it abruptly cut out midway through the ring. I feel defeated and drained from trying to load this OS, so I'm going to re-install .509 and keep that on for a while. Maybe one day when I have more patience I'll attempt .592 again, but for now I need something that'll work on my phone.
    Dang you have a stubborn phone.

I am just wonder .. why, why, why this is happening to you?

Maybe you abused your phone to much and now its having its revenge on you ..

Wait ..... I never asked this, but what link did you download it from..... i got mine from the link i provided in the First Post Of This Thread.

Perhaps it maybe a buggered download you have from where else you may have got it from?

And in case you got it from where i got it from which is a Official Release from a blackberries website of the carrier listed .... maybe redownlaod it again, possible a buggered internet slowed down and corrupted files, without giving and error of any sort ..... yes that happens and can and will.

Anyhoo i am pullintg air out my buttocks trying to give you some ideas, but all i stated above can/is/could/maybe the issue. Its like have a dirty install of windows on a PC and everything goes haywire.

By the way i run windows 7 64-bit and i still use the 5.01.128 DM version, Nov 11, 2009 .... i am too stubborn to upgrade to the newer DM as if this DM works..... leave it alone....
    04-12-10 03:39 PM
    Ok i will fight on jeffreii's behalf....

What if and i say this from experience .... what if the OS'es are compressed in the actual downloaded files and of course uncompressed once loaded up onto the phone which would mean in these 2 OS'es one leaked and one not leaked, one with ALL languages and one that Stated Multilanguage when loaded had a 5mb difference in memory allocation loss or gain between them.

Now perhaps the leaked version was somewhat in a beta still unoptimized coding still to be released as Official? This of course could be the reason as well.

Perhaps we all were drinking a little to hard and our eyes and mind were playing tricks on us and we all perhaps came to the conclusion of the "Who Cares Factor" we just know there was/is a difference between the two and we have proven it to be so ..... again.

Now lets get on with how we love this OS and testing of it....

I love this os and testing it out still without any issues so far.
    I'm all for the drinking part!
    I love this O/S as well and increase or decrease it is still the best we have seen!
    04-12-10 03:48 PM
330 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD