I'm not one to brag about software updates. I've owned 3 BBs and always updated them as new leaks/builds came along.

I installed .666 last night and have to report (so far) that this is the most stable UMA/Wifi I have had on my 9780 to date. On previous versions, the UMA/Wifi - 3G signal would flutter back and forth. Since last night, it has stayed on UMA straight through.

As far as everything else, I will admit that the phone almost feels new. Things are snappier and browsing seems to move a little quicker......and that's when I'm not on wifi.

I've never took advantage of the "social feeds/rs feeds" app until now. WOW, I didn't realize I was missing the efficiency of the app. Love it!!!

Now my biggest test will be battery life. Testing started at 5am (this morning) at 100%. I'm not going to do anything different then I usually do and see how it goes.
    09-26-11 05:43 AM
    Unable to download this from the original links posted in the thread. Can someone please share the download link?

Cheers,
    Amish
    09-26-11 06:07 AM
    Unable to download this from the original links posted in the thread. Can someone please share the download link?

Cheers,
    Amish
    All Language Mediafire Mirror
    9780jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2921_PL6.6.0.241_A6.0.0.6 66_SmarTone_Vodafone.rar
    09-26-11 06:20 AM
    Hey, guys! I'm back (briefly) Things are working smoothly on my 9780 running .666. Yesterday I went from 100% battery life to 68% in 15 hours with light usage (hardly used it expect for a couple texts and some BBM Groups noise in the background). Really good! I find the signal is strong and locking well for me, but I'm back in a city so that always helps. Will see how it stands up with some more activity and after some more time.
    09-26-11 07:02 AM
    I've noticed App World loads quicker, browsing is a little more responsive and the pictures seem to load up quicker than 650.
    Battery life seems about the same for me so far, but only had it for 2 days.
    09-26-11 07:38 AM
    Running well. Good battery. Good memory management. I would recommend it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 08:38 AM
    @ gymwarner

I thought BB PINs were 8 alpha-num. Looks like yours is a spl one having 10
    09-26-11 09:08 AM
    Hi,
    Can someone help me out? After installing the OS 666 successfully, I tried updating my email setup application from the included ver 6.11.0327.0327 to ver 6.11.0516.1613.
    Suddenly I can't access my BIS account service anymore. Everytime I try login in using the email account --> Internet Mail Account option, it will check for email updates, then display the username and password input field. But when I enter the user name and password, the error message "The information you provided is incorrect....Your username and password are case sensitive".
    The way the error message appearing immediately without even authenticating with the server look as though it never authenticate at all.
    However I was able to connect and access my BIS email account setting via browser.
    I tried updating again to ver 7.11.0619.1924 and the same problem still happens.
    My only option is to revert back to the version that comes with the OS .666 itself.
    Or is there any other way to solve this.
    Please... help me...
    09-26-11 11:40 AM
    Hi,
    Can someone help me out? After installing the OS 666 successfully, I tried updating my email setup application from the included ver 6.11.0327.0327 to ver 6.11.0516.1613.
    Suddenly I can't access my BIS account service anymore. Everytime I try login in using the email account --> Internet Mail Account option, it will check for email updates, then display the username and password input field. But when I enter the user name and password, the error message "The information you provided is incorrect....Your username and password are case sensitive".
    The way the error message appearing immediately without even authenticating with the server look as though it never authenticate at all.
    However I was able to connect and access my BIS email account setting via browser.
    I tried updating again to ver 7.11.0619.1924 and the same problem still happens.
    My only option is to revert back to the version that comes with the OS .666 itself.
    Or is there any other way to solve this.
    Please... help me...

Incidentally, via the email setup, when I try & Login to my account, I am getting the same message as you. However, my mails are not affected as I see my BIS operational on my carrier's (Vodafone) server and I can access and make changes too.

Nevertheless, if I wish to ADD another account, I presume I cannot do it from the device.

I too am in a dilemma as to how to solve this issue. Meaning I cannot input anything from my blackberry for either managing or setup of BIS accounts.
    09-26-11 03:09 PM
    Above Problem RESOLVED.

Please Check http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-654714/

The snr ppl here just rock! Makes owning the 'berry' so much fun!
    Last edited by audio_engr; 09-26-11 at 06:13 PM.
    henghs likes this.
    09-26-11 06:11 PM
    Had a similar issue a couple operating systems back. Ended up resolving it, but it was annoying. Glad you've got it all sorted it out.
    09-26-11 07:32 PM
    Just did the upgrade.... have set everything up and done a few batt pulls... everything seems fine so far except

noticed boot up takes forever

security verification takes longer.

can't speak to anything else so far

will update for those who are on Mobilicity and curious...
    09-26-11 09:43 PM
    Above Problem RESOLVED.

Please Check http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-654714/

The snr ppl here just rock! Makes owning the 'berry' so much fun!

Wish I had waited a while for your reply. But I went ahead and did an OS re-install via Desktop Manager. The installation wipe off the email setup I updated manually and presented me with option to re-install the email version that comes with the OS. After I revert back to the version, I was able to maintain my email accounts via the email setup application.

Thanks for the info audio_engr. Will keep note of that for future...
    09-26-11 10:32 PM
    I installed .666 on my 9780 on Saturday.
    I haven't noticed any changes in terms of speed or functionality compared to .650.
    However, the battery life is MUCH improved.
    At my lunch break, I got to 85% on .650 with my Bold on standby since the morning.
    Now it's still at 100% at lunchtime!
    09-26-11 11:47 PM
    Update after installing 6.0.0.666 just over three days. All things are fine and battery discharge rate has settled on a modest 1.3/1.4 per hour. While heavy usage it goes up a bit but eventually settles down on 1.3/1/4. Good,solid build. Browser is very fast, downloads are slightly faster than .650.
    09-26-11 11:58 PM
    Yep I'm experiencing the same as BTFan and rokban. All's good and I appreciated the extra battery life while recording some performances this weekend.
    09-27-11 12:20 AM
    Working well and speedy.
    09-27-11 05:39 AM
    I think this one is a keeper. My battery life is comparable to .650 but I haven't tried to go for a few days without charging because I've been travelling and using my phone as an alarm clock. Overall, I'm impressed. I think with light-moderate use I could get 3 days of use without a charge.
    09-27-11 05:57 AM
    After use it for more than 48 hours, seems like this build not totally compatible with telco I'm using now... 2G/3G lock seems take longer than usual, so back again to .650 & happy with it

No more hourglass
    09-27-11 12:07 PM
    I have been trying to install this on my PC but when i do, it does not recognize that my phone needs an update, can someone please help me, im using both the desktop manager and the flasher... both does not recognize them.. can someone please help me please.
    09-27-11 01:04 PM
    Why do people insist on using Desktop Manager is beyond me. App Loader is far more reliable.

If you're having problems getting the OS to be seem it is because you have a vendor.xml file (either where it should be or hidden, search for it using the Windows search tool).

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    09-27-11 01:21 PM
    Why do people insist on using Desktop Manager is beyond me. App Loader is far more reliable.

some of the things as a noob I learnt off the seniors' here are :

(1) Extract & Install ONLY 1 OS to your PC. (In case there was an older one in there already, uninstall it & get rid of it).

(2) Soon after the install, go to the AppLoader file page and scroll right to the bottom of the page. Vendor file will be there. DELETE IT.

(3) Do a full Backup of the device using Desktop Mngr & shut the DM. (U don't need it anymore for now !)

(4) Preferably turn-off the internet connection to ur PC also. (I knock off the anti-virus too for speedy load of OS).

(5) Go to AppLoader and do the OS load.

(6) Get back to the Desktop Mngr now and do either a Full Restore or Selected Restore. (I do Selected Restore, knocking off

• Application Permissions
    • Browser Cache
    • Code Module Group Properties
    • Configuration Channel
    • Content Store
    • Entry Point Settings
    • Handheld Agent
    • Handheld Key Store
    • Service Book (optional, but I do it anyway since Service books are restored as soon as your SIM Card is registered on the network anyway)
    • Time Zones
    • Trusted Key Store

and u are then done !!
    Last edited by audio_engr; 09-27-11 at 02:14 PM.
    09-27-11 01:47 PM
    Click to view quoted image

some of the things as a noob I learnt off the seniors' here are :

(1) Extract & Install ONLY 1 OS to your PC. (In case there was an older one in there already, uninstall it & get rid of it).

(2) Soon after the install, go to the AppLoader file page and scroll right to the bottom of the page. Vendor file will be there. DELETE IT.

(3) Do a full Backup of the device using Desktop Mngr & shut the DM. (U don't need it anymore for now !)

(4) Preferably turn-off the internet connection to ur PC also. (I knock off the anti-virus too for speedy load of OS).

(5) Go to AppLoader and do the OS load.

(6) Get back to the Desktop Mngr now and do either a Full Restore or Selected Restore. (I do Selected Restore, knocking off

• Application Permissions
    • Browser Cache
    • Code Module Group Properties
    • Configuration Channel
    • Content Store
    • Entry Point Settings
    • Handheld Agent
    • Handheld Key Store
    • Service Book (optional, but I do it anyway since Service books are restored as soon as your SIM Card is registered on the network anyway)
    • Time Zones
    • Trusted Key Store

and u are then done !!
    You've got the main idea but you can go without DM all together (except to back up, although AppLoader does back up, as well). Also, you may have more than one OS on your PC (let's say you wanted to test how .666 runs before uninstalling .650 from your PC). If you want to delete an old OS, it's best to do a complete uninstall using Control Panel or else you could run into problems.

Download OS to PC.
    Following download, run OS file to install OS on PC. Follow on screen directions.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled and also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Connect BB to PC. Open Desktop Manager and backup device. Close DM.
    On PC, go to
    (64): Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete Vendor file OR
    (32): Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete Vendor file.
    You can run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool to shrink the OS and remove unwanted files/apps.
    Run AppLoader (Research in Motion/AppLoader) to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions. Be sure to have PC plugged in to power source. Do not interrupt install process. Wait until BB restarts completely.
    Power up your BB and ensure that your apps are working. You may need to upgrade some apps (particularly BBM, as some OS versions contain old BBM versions).
    Last edited by laurah2215; 09-27-11 at 05:48 PM.
    09-27-11 05:46 PM
    I overlooked purposely at [BBH &/or BB Boss tools] for a simple straight-fwd install for ppl not wishing to get into complexities and just get their device moving ...
    09-27-11 08:48 PM
    2 Days after installation

Battery No Problem (better than 600)

App World 3 Load Faster

Browsing little bit faster

The best is : MY KEYPAD PROBLEM FIXED YEEEAAHH , No more double or even triple typing

Problem when i install Whatsapp in setting Chat History when i choose media card :
    "Error:net.rim.device.api.io.filefileioexception:f ile not found"

On Picture Wallpaper wont refresh the thumbnail
    09-27-11 10:21 PM
274 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD