Well, after 4 days using the .666 i've ntied that my battery life has settle now. I get a bit more than de .650.

I almost went back to .650
    09-27-11 10:43 PM
    My battery seems to be draining quite quickly with this build. I love the browser though; it's super fast! It's just a pity about the battery drain, as I had great battery life with .650, and I had better signal too.

I'll give it a few more days though, but so far it isn't looking too great for me, even after doing a security wipe, a full wipe with bbsak, and a custom restore of my backup... *sigh*
    I'm having the exact same problem with this build... an extremely fast draining battery and a weird signal strength. Is there anything we can do about this?
    09-27-11 10:53 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem with this build... an extremely fast draining battery and a weird signal strength. Is there anything we can do about this?
    I'm hoping there is; I'm really enjoying the browsing speed with this one, and I'm not willing to give that up, lol!
    09-28-11 01:38 AM
    If you're experiencing battery problems, have you been pulling the battery a couple times per day for the first few days? I find it helps. Plus, it does take a few days for the new OS to 'settle'.
    09-28-11 05:51 AM
    If you're experiencing battery problems, have you been pulling the battery a couple times per day for the first few days? I find it helps. Plus, it does take a few days for the new OS to 'settle'.
    Yes, I've done multiple battery pulls, and the OS should have settled by now, as it's already been three days.
    09-28-11 07:10 AM
    The 650 radio sfi is working wonders with 666 java, full swap, all works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 07:12 AM
    The 650 radio sfi is working wonders with 666 java, full swap, all works fine.

Well, I guess I'll be trying that then.
    09-28-11 09:46 AM
    Well, I guess I'll be trying that then.
    Yes, that might be worth a try. I find the .666 is fine with my device, but give it a go and see if it helps you.
    09-28-11 11:26 AM
    Does anybody usually have over 2 hour calls? How do they affect your battery?

This thing is going to burn my face one of these days...
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-28-11 at 07:53 PM.
    09-28-11 11:41 AM
    Longest I been on a phone is half an hour and that was fine.

09-28-11 11:45 AM
    diegonei, hows 6.0.0.666 with you ? is it working finee ?
    09-28-11 12:33 PM
    Does anybody have have over 2 hour calls? How do they affect your battery?

On my 2nd day after OS Load, had a 3 hr 40 min call & 2/3 20~25 min calls. Whole day BBM and 1-2 hrs Radio streaming via 3G.

Batt held well while draining consistently - finally had to run for the charger to keep the phone from dying ... LoL !!

Still - decent battery life & for me, a day's hard use. If its too hard, will need a charge in-between.
    Ganayni94 likes this.
    09-28-11 02:13 PM
    Does anybody have have over 2 hour calls? How do they affect your battery?

Not normally. Most is usually an hour. I used to have conference calls for an hour and half for a Board I'm on, but I've been using a land line lately. Back then I don't remember the battery drain being too bad (maybe a few percent after the call, but I didn't have my battery minder app installed back then). But I'll be starting a new job soon so maybe I'll occasionally have a really long conference call and can test this.
    09-28-11 02:52 PM
    Longest I been on a phone is half an hour and that was fine.

On my 2nd day after OS Load, had a 3 hr 40 min call & 2/3 20~25 min calls. Whole day BBM and 1-2 hrs Radio streaming via 3G.

Batt held well while draining consistently - finally had to run for the charger to keep the phone from dying ... LoL !!

Still - decent battery life & for me, a day's hard use. If its too hard, will need a charge in-between.
    Not normally. Most is usually an hour. I used to have conference calls for an hour and half for a Board I'm on, but I've been using a land line lately. Back then I don't remember the battery drain being too bad (maybe a few percent after the call, but I didn't have my battery minder app installed back then). But I'll be starting a new job soon so maybe I'll occasionally have a really long conference call and can test this.
    Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll have plenty of looong calls so I'll keep you posted. ^^

diegonei, hows 6.0.0.666 with you ? is it working finee ?
    This is one very nice release. I can't comment on battery life thou, since VIVO's 2G signal is now way worse than the crappy 3G I used to have. But besides that I like this release. It gets the

Last edited by diegonei; 09-29-11 at 03:12 PM.
    09-28-11 08:00 PM
    Guys!

My mails are not coming into my individual mail accounts, instead they are all consolidate in the messages foldet.

09-28-11 11:49 PM
    Guys!

My mails are not coming into my individual mail accounts, instead they are all consolidate in the messages foldet.

You need to change your options in Messages � Options � Inbox Management, then just select which email accounts you want linked to the main messages inbox.

So, I've installed .666 with the .650 sfi, and I can immediately notice the difference. Yes, the OS still needs to settle, but even so, the battery is not draining as quickly as the "settled in" .666. I'll give it a day or two though, then report back.

Thank you, Zocster for the suggestion!

Oh, one more question; I'm not sure how this was removed, but does anyone know what the cod files are for the Event Sounds? Mine seem to have been removed, and I'd like to install it with bbsak. Thanks!
    Last edited by miz_pimp; 09-29-11 at 12:28 AM.
    09-29-11 12:16 AM
    Does anybody usually have over 2 hour calls? How do they affect your battery?

That's why I hate doing long calls without my Bluetooth earpiece anymore.

I'm not sure how much 600 & 666 on the 9780 will have in common with 600 & 666 on my 9800, but long calls didn't have much of a battery consumption effect on either. That's despite 600 being a battery guzzler in general for me.
    One difference on calls for me ---and again this is with a Torch--- is that on 600 my battery felt like it was being charbroiled. So far on 666 it's stayed cool, but hasn't been running for too long of course.
    09-29-11 01:28 AM
    I've been running this for 2 days now. I don't see to get the asterisk over the podcast icon. Otherwise, I haven't noticed much difference.

Incidentally, I found a php program called bboschecker. It searches the RIM vendor sites and finds the OS numbers. Sadly, the PHP code doesn't work on my server or hosting company. It doesn't crash, but it doesn't work either. However, this Russian website seems to have the code working. The page isn't in English, but it is not hard to figure out.

�������� �������� �� ��� BlackBerry

The program isn't perfect since you have to eyeball the highest release number, but it greatly filters the search results.
    09-29-11 01:35 AM
    Oh, one more question; I'm not sure how this was removed, but does anyone know what the cod files are for the Event Sounds? Mine seem to have been removed, and I'd like to install it with bbsak. Thanks!
    Not sure of the exact file name as I don't have my 9780 with me today, but it's something like net_rim_bb_accessibility.cod

miz_pimp likes this.
    09-29-11 03:58 AM
    Not sure of the exact file name as I don't have my 9780 with me today, but it's something like net_rim_bb_accessibility.cod

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for! It definitely wasn't installed; I'll install that .cod tonight. Thanks again!
    09-29-11 04:03 AM
    Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for! It definitely wasn't installed; I'll install that .cod tonight. Thanks again!
    No problemo

I also like the Event Sounds, and they hardly take up any space, but they always seem to get shrunk out automatically if you select any of the Media files in BBH Tools.

09-29-11 04:36 AM
    No problemo

I also like the Event Sounds, and they hardly take up any space, but they always seem to get shrunk out automatically if you select any of the Media files in BBH Tools.
    Being totally honest, I don't think I know what Event Sounds even is or does.

Just FYI, you don't need any 3rd party desktop software to put this back on.
    Assuming you keep your Removed folder, just take that Accessibility cod and plunk it back into your Java folder.
    Run Loader again and it will look to resolve any differences between your device and your Java folder, meaning add that new cod to your device.
    Don't worry, doesn't take nearly as long as loading an OS! (And sorry if you already know all this.)
    09-29-11 05:48 AM
    Being totally honest, I don't think I know what Event Sounds even is or does.

Just FYI, you don't need any 3rd party desktop software to put this back on.
    Assuming you keep your Removed folder, just take that Accessibility cod and plunk it back into your Java folder.
    Run Loader again and it will look to resolve any differences between your device and your Java folder, meaning add that new cod to your device.
    Don't worry, doesn't take nearly as long as loading an OS! (And sorry if you already know all this.)
    Event sounds play when switching your device on or off, when plugging the charger/usb in, etc.

I knew that, but it just slipped my mind, lol! Thanks for the reminder
    09-29-11 06:08 AM
    So, I've finally let my device stay on for a couple days without charging and I can state that my battery will last approx 3 full days on a single charge with light to moderate usage (some BBMing, texting and incoming emails, mostly). It's not too shabby at all. I think the battery was slightly better on .650, but nothing so significant that I will downgrade back to .650.
    09-29-11 06:29 AM
    So, I've finally let my device stay on for a couple days without charging and I can state that my battery will last approx 3 full days on a single charge with light to moderate usage (some BBMing, texting and incoming emails, mostly). It's not too shabby at all. I think the battery was slightly better on .650, but nothing so significant that I will downgrade back to .650.
    Moderate usage on 3G or 2G ?
    09-29-11 07:47 AM
274 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD