Damn I feel unlucky.
    The update failed and then the BB won't boot anymore and when it does I can not even restore or anything as the cpu don't recognize it.
    Even the total wipe don't work.
    06-20-09 11:34 AM
    Can anyone confirm if they fixed the bug where added Video files will go missing and no longer show up in the Media Library?
    06-20-09 11:42 AM
    Drop Calls is not an OS issues is it?

As i thought it is due to recpetion issues .. please clarify .... lol
    Personally, I think I got more drop calls with the 247 and less with the 266 in the same area. But with the new OS, so far so good. Also, I don't drop in and out of 3G and EDGE with this new OS compared to the previous 2 versions.
    06-20-09 11:47 AM
    have you tried logging into app world? go to "my world", hit the menu key, and select log in. all your purchased apps should show up along with there activation codes. this worked for me when i updated to .266
    That's where it must be.
    It's just made me upgrade to a new version, I also think it charged me, AGAIN. Second time I've paid to upgrade, third time I've paid for the same application. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. AND it hasn't bothered to send me a new activation code - the old one is nowhere to be seen. Frustrating.
    Last edited by flamingkitties; 06-20-09 at 11:56 AM.
    06-20-09 11:51 AM
    I went to Options > Mobile Network > Network Mode and clicked on the option for "2G" instead of "3G & 2G"...and when I did, my Mobile Network went from saying "AT&T" to "None"...and the 3G icon went away from the homescreen.

Did the network shut off? Does this manually choosing EDGE over 3G actually work on the AT&T network? Am I doing something wrong?
    06-20-09 11:56 AM
    I went to Options > Mobile Network > Network Mode and clicked on the option for "2G" instead of "3G & 2G"...and when I did, my Mobile Network went from saying "AT&T" to "None"...and the 3G icon went away from the homescreen.

Did the network shut off? Does this manually choosing EDGE over 3G actually work on the AT&T network? Am I doing something wrong?
    When I did it my 3G icon went away and I had no icon for about 30 seconds, and lost signal completely for some of that then the EDGE icon showed up.

I'm on ATT as well. This probably didn't help, because I'm sure you would have noticed if it was that short of a time. Did you do a battery pull after upgrading? If not, try that then post with what happens. It's working fine here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 12:05 PM
    Here is my take after about a day of running the new OS. I have the following apps, google map, Yahoo IM, Slingbox, Ubertwitter, Crackberry, Poynt, Bolt, Pocket express, Flycast, Pandora, Slacker, Facebook, Epocrates, Shazaam, Quik Pull, Speed Test, games like Wimbledon 09, Tiger woods 09, Fifa 09. So far everything works flawlessly. Memory is about 28mb. No battery drain. It's the same as those of previous versions. I can go the whole day without recharging. Reboot time is a bit faster, a little more than 1 minute. No drop calls so far. I will keep this for now. Word wrap problem has not been fixed.
    Where have you gotten those games? How are they?

Back on topic - does it only let you change the 2g/3g option when in a poor service area?

06-20-09 12:07 PM
    Back on topic - does it only let you change the 2g/3g option when in a poor service area?

No, you can change it any time.
    06-20-09 12:09 PM
    Can I upgrade from .167 to this one?
    06-20-09 12:17 PM
    That's where it must be.
    It's just made me upgrade to a new version, I also think it charged me, AGAIN. Second time I've paid to upgrade, third time I've paid for the same application. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. AND it hasn't bothered to send me a new activation code - the old one is nowhere to be seen. Frustrating.
    I've got my code now, thanks all for helping.
    So far the OS seems good. Although haven't noticed a difference in the quality of battery life ie: it's still poor.
    06-20-09 12:25 PM
    Used Crackmem and DM 4.6
    Install was painless and slightly quicker
    Memory went from 50MB to 56MB
    Browser seems a little snappier
    Love the ability to change from 3G to EDGE (AT&T)
    All apps working and now waiting on a stable OS 5.0
    06-20-09 12:31 PM
    Well I did the upgrade a couple of hours ago love the fact that I can change the network settings ( I work in a 3g deadzone) I didnt use DM just the loader.exe didnt delete anything didnt do anything had to put bck in the reg codes for some paid proggys but other than that I didnt even need to resend my books so good so far will check to see if it still has the Blue tooth headphone reboot problem that .266 had. oh yeah I did it on vista 64 bit
    Last edited by madneon; 06-20-09 at 12:52 PM.
    06-20-09 12:47 PM
    installing it right now.....
    06-20-09 12:49 PM
    no multilang ?
    06-20-09 01:44 PM
    Can I upgrade from .167 to this one?
    Yes you can update directly from .167 to this one. Just follow the directions at the beginning of this thread. I would also suggest doing a full backup and an app backup before updating. Search for "back up 3rd party apps" and follow the directions.

06-20-09 01:56 PM
    this is absolutely great. so fast, no problems for me and everything working fine...apps, wifi...i'm loving this one where 5.0 was too buggy for my phone..
    06-20-09 02:02 PM
    From .247 to .282.... definitely a good move...

First time I'm seeing my memory over 50000000... No bug at all
    06-20-09 02:19 PM
    Yes this update is wicked..... runs very fast no problems at all.... its about time we got a good update..
    06-20-09 02:21 PM
    At last my phone booted back.
    And yeah the OS seems to be faster.
    06-20-09 02:27 PM
    Is .282 installed on your PC and any other OS's uninstalled? Has the vendor.xml file been deleted? The "Loader.exe" file that you're asking about can be found in your Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader directory and can be used to bypass the DM (Desktop Manager) to install an OS.

thanks i owe you! I can't believe i didn't see that loader.exe file. I was doing this all REALLY late last night and I guess I wasn't thinking straight, but I was looking for it under Program Files: Research In Motion, not Program Files: Common Files. I haven't felt this noob-ish since my old 8100 Pearl Days 2 years ago. oh, and fyi I'm really digging .282, super fast, no lag, the 2G option is making the dropped calls alot less frequent.
    06-20-09 02:32 PM
    Forgot to mention i was using some applications my memory was at around 38MB and i checked it again when i was done the memory went up to 40MB, never seem that b4....
    VERY NICE, I LIKE!!
    06-20-09 02:40 PM
    Have a question. I am running 4.6.0.167 (platform) 4.0.0.157.. this is what came with the phone. I have a unlocked bold running with T-mobile service. Can I still use the OS download from AT&T? and do I have to download the OS in order or can I just load the most current one?
    06-20-09 02:41 PM
    Have a question. I am running 4.6.0.167 (platform) 4.0.0.157.. this is what came with the phone. I have a unlocked bold running with T-mobile service. Can I still use the OS download from AT&T? and do I have to download the OS in order or can I just load the most current one?
    Yes, you can update directly to the current one, and you can use whatever OS you want, just delete the vendor.xml file

06-20-09 02:48 PM
    does att navigator work?
    Sure does.
    06-20-09 02:53 PM
    how come when i hook up my device to my computer and open BB desktop manager it does not read that i have a new OS installed on my computer? I have deleted the VENDOR file already as well.
    06-20-09 02:54 PM
1,228 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD