Very true..
    Hmmm...just noticed that too. My first .282 negative...

Bummer.
    06-20-09 07:05 AM
    Irritating, upgraded, now I need my activation code for QuickLaunch again, I don't know where I saved it. Anyone remember how it is sent so I can scan my archives for it?
    I had to do that also... Luckily it was saved in my email. Check your email because they send you an email with the activation code and OTA link. (That's if you purchased it on the computer)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 07:10 AM
    Hmmm...just noticed that too. My first .282 negative...

Bummer.
    Go into Options, and change it to CALL LOG! It's actually cool. Four different ways you can have the calls displays as!
    06-20-09 07:12 AM
    Go into Options, and change it to CALL LOG! It's actually cool. Four different ways you can have the calls displays as!
    I can't find it.. Where in options?

06-20-09 07:15 AM
    After updating I registered all my 3rd party apps again, checked the memory, around 28.2MB.....performed a battery pull, memory is now 47.6MB with Aerize Email Alerts, BlackBerry Weather, VibAndRing, AutoStandBy and a few other app running in the background.

This update is definitely more responsive, will keep this one for a while (but I also said that with the .266 update from last week ).
    06-20-09 07:21 AM
    I had to do that also... Luckily it was saved in my email. Check your email because they send you an email with the activation code and OTA link. (That's if you purchased it on the computer)

If you bought it from Mobihand you can just log into your Mobihabd account and the activation code should be there in your purchase history.

06-20-09 07:31 AM

Sadly it's not there, I do have the confirmation receipts from App Store though so perhaps Nikisoft will send me a new one if I forward that...
    06-20-09 07:39 AM
    Sadly it's not there, I do have the confirmation receipts from App Store though so perhaps Nikisoft will send me a new one if I forward that...
    Yeah if you just email nikkisoft with your pin and order confirmation number they will email you the activation code. They sent me the code within 15 minutes of me emailing them.
    Last edited by ak29; 06-20-09 at 07:55 AM.
    06-20-09 07:48 AM
    i hae successfully installed the new OS on my pc i am upgrading from 266 but when i try to update my bb it give me an option to select the new OS after selecting the ne OS it say " NO SOFTWARE UPDATE IS REQUIRED FOR UR DEVICE"
    i have deleted the vendor.xml file before the upgrade .can someone pls help.ME ON VODAFONE INDIA
    Last edited by azeter; 06-20-09 at 07:52 AM. Reason: FORGOT TO MENTION A FEW THINGS
    06-20-09 07:50 AM
    i hae successfully installed the new OS on my pc i am upgrading from 266 but when i try to update my bb it give me an option to select the new OS after selecting the ne OS it say " NO SOFTWARE UPDATE IS REQUIRED FOR UR DEVICE"
    i have deleted the vendor.xml file before the upgrade .can someone pls help.ME ON VODAFONE INDIA
    Go to C:\programfiles\commonfiles\researchinmotion\applo ader and double click on the Loader.exe file.

06-20-09 08:01 AM
    Irritating, upgraded, now I need my activation code for QuickLaunch again, I don't know where I saved it. Anyone remember how it is sent so I can scan my archives for it?
    Just log into mobihand, all of your activation codes are in your inbox.
    Smartphone Software and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store
    06-20-09 08:12 AM
    18 hours later and after the initial battery pull my memory is sticking at 45 (topped out at 32 on .266) and my battery life is fine. Definitely more responsive and snappy. I agree with others here that deleting and reinstalling your apps makes a huge difference. GOOD BUILD!
    06-20-09 08:36 AM
    have you tried logging into app world? go to "my world", hit the menu key, and select log in. all your purchased apps should show up along with there activation codes. this worked for me when i updated to .266
    06-20-09 09:18 AM
    I'm wanna update from .266 But

Anyone knows if there's a way to save some languages and copy them to the new OS ? Or at least Arabic ?

Thanks a lot!
    06-20-09 09:22 AM
    I downloaded and installed in about twelve hours ago. So far so good. All my programms seem to work perfectly well on it.......
    06-20-09 09:26 AM
    I can't find it.. Where in options?

This had me puzzled too. Its not in Options for the phone in general, go to the phone app (press send key) and then hit the menu key to give you the Options for the phone application itself. There under General Options you will see an option for Phone List View. Thats where you have to select Call Log.

06-20-09 09:37 AM
    I downloaded 4.6.0.282 and I am now missing BB Messenger and Docs to Go, both of which were part of .266.
    06-20-09 09:43 AM
    I downloaded 4.6.0.282 and I am now missing BB Messenger and Docs to Go, both of which were part of .266.
    Hmm, I don't use Docs to Go (removed it) but my BB Messenger is still present. Have you tried doing a battery pull?

06-20-09 10:07 AM
    Drhtad, just connect your bb to Desktop manager, go to restore, check off bbm and Docsto go then add.
    *edit to add, after you're done, do another restore from a backup in order to get your contacts back
    Last edited by Teek; 06-20-09 at 10:15 AM.
    06-20-09 10:10 AM
    You know what's weird, this was mentioned about a month ago here but no one even said anything about it. That one also mentions a 4.6.0.292. Wonder if its worth jumping right to that one?
    Umm ...... .292 is actually ... .162 Applications: 4.6.0.162 ....

Always look for the application like .266, .247, .162 and so forth... not the actual BlackBerry Handheld Software version.
    06-20-09 10:22 AM
    Look for BB messenger and Docs to go in your backups or in the DM under applications to load.

I never tried this NEW OS yet as i just came on here today and seen it listed ..... i will review ppls comments.

I love .266 OS so if this is any better ... then tell me ppl .. as i want it then.
    06-20-09 10:26 AM
    I don't notice much of a difference between .282 and .266 personally (granted, only been running it for less than 24 hours). I had quite the battery drain (and I did wipe it and manually reload my apps after the fact, along with numerous batt pulls). This morning, I wiped again and reloaded .282, so I'll watch it today for the battery life and memory stuff I was seeing. Also, for AT&T people, this OS seems to allow setting the device to EDGE (2G) only for poor reception areas. (Previously, AT&T didn't allow you to change that option for some reason.) That's the main difference I've read. Kind of hard to determine if this OS is hands down better than .266 as there is so much anecdotal evidence about better/worse battery life and memory usage. (Since everyone uses their devices differently and has different apps loaded, I don't think you're ever going to see an overwhelming consensus on any OS.)
    06-20-09 10:35 AM
    Here is my take after about a day of running the new OS. I have the following apps, google map, Yahoo IM, Slingbox, Ubertwitter, Crackberry, Poynt, Bolt, Pocket express, Flycast, Pandora, Slacker, Facebook, Epocrates, Shazaam, Quik Pull, Speed Test, games like Wimbledon 09, Tiger woods 09, Fifa 09. So far everything works flawlessly. Memory is about 28mb. No battery drain. It's the same as those of previous versions. I can go the whole day without recharging. Reboot time is a bit faster, a little more than 1 minute. No drop calls so far. I will keep this for now. Word wrap problem has not been fixed.
    06-20-09 11:00 AM
    Drop Calls is not an OS issues is it?

As i thought it is due to recpetion issues .. please clarify .... lol
    06-20-09 11:15 AM
    I'm running facebook, myspace, berryweather, quick pull, BB app world, CB, and Bank of America.

Just kinda wierd as it didnt do this on .266, i think the MMS issue was just random as i sent more with sucess.
    does att navigator work?
    06-20-09 11:24 AM
1,228 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD