Where would I look to see that? I'll check it for you.

Well, I'm kind in the middle of a caffeine abstinence, but I think you can find that among the removable optionals during the install. Thanks for your help.

(Anyway, I just don't believe I'll manage to wait for your confirmation lol)
    06-19-09 07:12 PM
    Can someone please post a link of how to use jlcmdr?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 07:13 PM
    I'll let you all know what I think of this OS once I'm done loading it. Starting process now.
    06-19-09 07:16 PM
    I downloaded and installed it, took around 15 minutes start to finish. It seems a lot smoother and opens applications a bit faster. I don't have many apps (2 themes, Googlemaps,Poynt,Shazam, Weathereye and Bolt is just about it) and after installing, a battery pull left me with 51mb, its been around 2-2 1/2 hours with medium use and I'm at 46mb and I'm cool with that. I do like the 2g-2g/3g feature, since I'm on TMO so we'll see if my battery life improves. Overall I feel that its pretty solid. I'm happy with the update.
    Last edited by stayuplate; 06-19-09 at 07:29 PM.
    06-19-09 07:27 PM
    I have this strange problem where DM doesn't detect my OSs. Don't know what to do. I install .246, .266 and .282 and last night i was up til 2 trying to recover a bricked phone. Finally the DM 4.6 recognized .247 BUT it installed .266--i have NO IDEA how that happened since .266 wasnt even on the list--I just uninstalled it. Sigh. Maybe 4.6 isnt for me
    06-19-09 07:29 PM
    What DM are y'all using? I'm initiating the process w/ crackmem on a bricked phone.
    06-19-09 07:30 PM
    Has anyone who actually unbranded their phone done this update? Will it cause issues with the 2g/3g feature? What about downgrading? Will I be still be able to change that option with my phone using a different os after downgrading if necessary from this os?

06-19-09 07:31 PM
    So far so good.

51mb after install & battery pull.
    Love the 2G3G option
    All apps & wifi working
    Tested media player, no issues

Browser has the same speed & appearance as .266
    06-19-09 07:37 PM
    I have noticed in the little over an hour I have used it , at least to me, the browser seems to be faster.
    I love the ability to turn off 3g since I don't get 3g at my house.
    I haven't noticed much difference in the memory or battery yet, but I just started using it.

06-19-09 08:01 PM
    No wrapping text while typing in the browser though. Though I think we've figured that won't be fixed anytime soon

06-19-09 08:01 PM
    I've seen enough.Back to .266. Nothing gained from what I can tell. DeBranded so no additional benefit. This OS is a bit odd at times and .266 seems flawless. Until 5.0 , I'm done.
    06-19-09 08:16 PM
    Sadly, even though I can now select 2G only...for some reason my phone won't connect to 2G at all. At home I have lousy 3G service, but 2G is strong. Well, now the phone won't connect to 2G at all. I don't know what the deal is. It is either 3G or searching for network. It really sucks at the moment.

I even tried going into the engineering screen to force 2G. Nope, nothing. Wife's iPhone has no problem on 2G, so I know it isn't the network.
    06-19-09 08:18 PM
    Sadly, even though I can now select 2G only...for some reason my phone won't connect to 2G at all. At home I have lousy 3G service, but 2G is strong. Well, now the phone won't connect to 2G at all. I don't know what the deal is. It is either 3G or searching for network. It really sucks at the moment.

I even tried going into the engineering screen to force 2G. Nope, nothing. Wife's iPhone has no problem on 2G, so I know it isn't the network.
    I selected 2G and the phone released the 3G connection and connected to EDGE (2G) immediately. I can tell you that the software build seems to work right. This is in LA so we have good coverage on both.
    06-19-09 08:29 PM
    God I absolutely am beginning to hate blackberry now. ive never had these issues before installing a new OS. checked once, checked twice, checked 3 times for vendor.xml, its not there. Used crackmem to initiate both DMs 4.6 AND 4.7, the OS doesnt even pop up. Uninstalled, reboot pc, reinstalled NUMEROUS times, the results are so random. Tried with pc ONLINE and OFFLINE. All different combinations you can think of. Tried WITH and without crackmem. Right now its FINALLY installing .282 (I HOPE) its downloading files from the internet (using dm 4.7 because 4.6 doesnt even work PERIOD) Sigh.

I am not sure if its Vista or what. And none of the times I've used crackmem did it EVER do what I told it to do: remove certain features such as carrier themes, voice dialing, etc. I don't even know what crackmem is good for. Followed all instructions precisely too. just going to put whatever DM 4.7 gives me on the phone and forget this OS BS.

Ive done this countless times on many BBs and NEVER had an issue so long as vendor.xml is deleted.
    06-19-09 08:35 PM
    Sounds like your on 4.7.
    I don't get it, having a 4.7 DM won't allow me to upgrade my OS from .266? You using 4.6?
    06-19-09 08:43 PM
    beside some contradicting reports on memory leaks, how's the batt life?
    06-19-09 08:51 PM
    I don't get it, having a 4.7 DM won't allow me to upgrade my OS from .266? You using 4.6?
    Use apploader.exe

Remove the vendor.xml file in that directory.
    06-19-09 08:56 PM
    beside some contradicting reports on memory leaks, how's the batt life?
    No diff than before so far. The fact that I can force EDGE is great. I am going to be away from my charger for a few days and allowing this will save be a lot of battery life and make sure I don't run out of power before I get back home.
    06-19-09 08:57 PM
    Before I try the update who is the signal quality? Ever since I went to .266 I get a ton of dropped calls or call failed. Anyone sense if this has gotten better?
    06-19-09 09:02 PM
    Before I try the update who is the signal quality? Ever since I went to .266 I get a ton of dropped calls or call failed. Anyone sense if this has gotten better?
    I had several conversations today. The call quality seems on par. No drop calls.
    06-19-09 09:02 PM
    i installed the Firmware, so far so good, tested MMS and SMS and seems to work, the only question is that I installed it using apploader, and the pc im on has DM 4.7, my pc @ home has 4.6 which i know i can remove it, is there a way to remove it on 4.7?
    06-19-09 09:31 PM
    +1 for the WIFI not working gang!

5.0 was working ok with my router and its access list. Tried 282 and it wont get a flipping IP. Disabled the access list for the sake of testing and still 282 wouldnt obtain an IP.

Time to go back to 5.0.100?
    06-19-09 09:37 PM
    I read this entire thread. Seems like feedback isnt so good. I do not need the 2G or 3G & 2G option since my 3G coverage is excellent so I guess I will just stick with .247 since that OS is problem free for me. I never like .266 when I ran that either.
    06-19-09 09:43 PM
    I read this entire thread. Seems like feedback isnt so good. I do not need the 2G or 3G & 2G option since my 3G coverage is excellent so I guess I will just stick with .247 since that OS is problem free for me. I never like .266 when I ran that either.
    I'm witcha on this one.
    06-19-09 10:04 PM
1,228 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD