Does this update have the Application Switcher when holding the Menu button like .266?

Also, I've tried several times to upgrade from .221 to this version with no avail. It says operation successful but stays in version .221 and doesn't update even after going through the whole process.

I have other updates for other models installed on the PC but this is the only one for the 9000.
    disconnect your computer from the internet. and yes it does have the app switcher.
    08-23-09 01:33 PM
    I really would like to know the performance of this build. I'm using rogers .282 and it's fine but I HATE the load time for pictures! Also everyone else seems to have more memory than me. I have att navigator, espn launcher, cb launchern google maps, slacker, pandora, score mobile, poynt, and BB app world. I get about 42 ish mb after a reboot and down to about 32 by end of day. I also used cracked mem to load the OS. The phone runs smooth but the number gets stuck in my head as far as how many mb's I have. Please someone compare picture load times between .282. If not, I will do it later this evening...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 02:14 PM
    The lag seems to be better but I don't have a ton of media (a couple MB). Also, don't get consumed with how much memory you have. App memory really doesn't matter unless it gets so low that it affects performance. Good luck
    08-23-09 02:33 PM
    so i downloaded the new os deleated the vendor and clicked apploader it says no action required. how did you get it to install? im running .282 help me please....
    08-23-09 02:49 PM
    Just upgraded to it, and included Chinese support into it as well, by including cod's from a .282 OS file.

Things seem a little bit faster. I tried going to mobile.blackberry.com, the Home Page in the BlackBerry bookmarks, and it says the device is not recognized. Worked before. No biggie.
    08-23-09 03:24 PM
    I wiped my device and installed .292. I noticed that all my calls are going straight to voice mail. I'm going back to .282 and waiting for .297...

I was wrong. Turned out to be a permissions issue
    Last edited by jtwebfusion; 08-23-09 at 05:49 PM.
    08-23-09 03:41 PM
    Uploaded it this morning, haven't had any issues, running at about 5-9mb more that .282
    08-23-09 04:52 PM
    im installing now. cant wait to try this. my .282 just flat out sux. How do I go from .266 and after mem optimizing I'd have 50mb free and it wouldnt leak much...then I install .282 and first few days after mem optimizing (i know exactly what to delete ive done after 30 upgrades) I start at 30mb...now the last month after battery pull I start at 1MB!!!! thats with emails,txts,calllog deleted. Also deleted app world and lots of apps to really only keep beejiveim,tweetgenius,youmail,facebook and thats IT. I also deleted all 3rd party themes...my 1mb free within a few hours is quickly down to 0 BYTES available, LOL and it starts erasing msgs and crap. I have no idea wtf .282 gave me no file free at all.

I will report back with a screenshot with .292
    08-23-09 04:53 PM
    08-23-09 05:06 PM
    I noticed with every os release there are gains in memory. Eventually will the bold memory be stable like the 8900?

My question is what is causing the memory leaks?

08-23-09 05:07 PM
    Just upgraded to it, and included Chinese support into it as well, by including cod's from a .282 OS file.

Things seem a little bit faster. I tried going to mobile.blackberry.com, the Home Page in the BlackBerry bookmarks, and it says the device is not recognized. Worked before. No biggie.
    Strange...in .282 Vodadone version I had the same recognition problem with mobile.blaskberry.com (about the obly glitch in that great version)....but in .292 that's now corrected!
    Great version and probably picked up about 2MB in net memory after identical app downloafs.

08-23-09 05:38 PM
    When you have 3200 songs, that's a helluva lousy fix to have to delete so many bbthumbs.dat files.

Would it help to remove the data card prior to installing and rebooting; or just before rebooting???

Just a thought, seems simple enough.
    08-23-09 05:42 PM
    wow after install i had no homescreen and it says "blackberry java console" ive definitely NEVER SEEN THIS. fukkk no home screen at all. wtf. i installed blackberry "application center" thru loader which ive never seen before. maybe that did it. i just uninstalled that module well see what happens. any ideas?
    08-23-09 06:00 PM
    that didnt fix it. i get no home screen and when you goto switch apps with alt back it shows the app "java console" but no "Home screen...all i can see is blackberry platform 4.0.0.241. what the hell?? im gonna add back all the .cod's i removed from mem optimizing and run loader see if that fixed. then wipe and reinstall i guess. everything i removed looks fine, mostly language files media crap.

anyone know anything about this?
    08-23-09 06:10 PM
    ok that worked. now im functional!! have no idea what .cod trigger this. i deleted vad,vad_resource, DODcert crap..all language .cod's other than .en all docs to go crap. now im going to restore 3rd party apps and for some reason tweet_genius.cod I backed up isnt showing, noooooo
    08-23-09 06:22 PM
    that didnt fix it. i get no home screen and when you goto switch apps with alt back it shows the app "java console" but no "Home screen...all i can see is blackberry platform 4.0.0.241. what the hell?? im gonna add back all the .cod's i removed from mem optimizing and run loader see if that fixed. then wipe and reinstall i guess. everything i removed looks fine, mostly language files media crap.

anyone know anything about this?
    Johnny, the 9000 isn't really like the old 83xx's where it pays to optimize memory(IMHO). You can remove most(90%) thru the apploader/DM. Next time I would just straight up install the OS as normal and only remove what you don't want via apploader. You obviously removed a cod that shouldn't have been... No worries, at least you're back up and running.

08-23-09 07:12 PM
    For anyone will installing OS issues here's what you should do:

1) Go to your computers control panel and remove all device software except the version you wish to be installed to your device.

2) If the OS you want installed to device isn't installed to computer, do that now.(Double click the icon from d/l)

3) Plug in the device then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the vendor.xml file. After that file is deleted scroll up and find the LOADER.EXE file and double click it.

4) This will start the Apploader Wizard. Step your way thru to the end. DO NOT unplug the device until the Apploader Wizard says "Loading Operation Successful".

I make this one, and when mi bold wants to reboot in the "Connect to the device ROM", after a minute go down saying than some problems occur.

I try with the Desktop program (v.50) and in the first time a problem stop the upgrade and in the second time was succesfull but when I see the versi�n, it was the same as the original ones and not the new one.

Its no working for me. Mi carrier is Telcel in M�xico
    Last edited by gerardolh; 08-23-09 at 08:12 PM.
    08-23-09 08:06 PM
    For anyone will installing OS issues here's what you should do:

1) Go to your computers control panel and remove all device software except the version you wish to be installed to your device.

2) If the OS you want installed to device isn't installed to computer, do that now.(Double click the icon from d/l)

3) Plug in the device then on your computer go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the vendor.xml file. After that file is deleted scroll up and find the LOADER.EXE file and double click it.

4) This will start the Apploader Wizard. Step your way thru to the end. DO NOT unplug the device until the Apploader Wizard says "Loading Operation Successful".

Thanx I'm DL it right now...
    08-23-09 10:08 PM
    Did update from 282 to 292. Definitely browsing is quicker. Boot up is also better.
    08-23-09 10:58 PM
    S*** nothing did all the step and nothing I'm still on 247 any idea?

08-23-09 11:40 PM
    did the upgrade from 282 to 292, removed VVM, and seems to be getting around ~45 mb free on reboot. Will mess with later and provide update.
    08-24-09 12:31 AM
    did the upgrade from 282 to 292, removed VVM, and seems to be getting around ~45 mb free on reboot. Will mess with later and provide update.
    can i ask how did you remove the VVM? i installed .292 but my memory still continue to drop... now i'm on 25mb my only apps are FB, gmail, YM, callsblocker, worldmate, flickr and quickpull

thanks
    08-24-09 02:02 AM
    can i ask how did you remove the VVM? i installed .292 but my memory still continue to drop... now i'm on 25mb my only apps are FB, gmail, YM, callsblocker, worldmate, flickr and quickpull

thanks
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/v-2...e-mail-165708/
    08-24-09 02:19 AM
    i just readded VVM back and got it added to my acct, TS had to fix the forwarding and it works...i like it better than YouMail...:-D
    08-24-09 02:44 AM
    i'm in, working great for me so far, everything works fine
    08-24-09 06:25 AM
139 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD