I didnt realize till now that I lost BBM5.0 with the update...

Oh well, Ill just wait till Tuesday and do one major update.
    08-24-09 09:12 AM
    [QUOTE=rabbivj;3417224]

thanks for the assistance
    08-24-09 09:19 AM
    Anyone found the fix for BBM 5 yet? Stuck on 4.6 at the moment.
    08-24-09 10:09 AM
    Is BBM 5.0 in this build? I can wait one more day for ATT to drop it's version.....
    08-24-09 10:29 AM
    Is BBM 5.0 in this build? I can wait one more day for ATT to drop it's version.....
    None of the 4.6 builds will include 5.0 BBM, you will need to download it separately. OTA links are still out there for all OS versions.
    08-24-09 10:59 AM
    I didnt realize till now that I lost BBM5.0 with the update...

Oh well, Ill just wait till Tuesday and do one major update.
    Just to make sure you know, 4.6.0.297 will include 4.6 BBM so you will still need to reinstall 5.0 BBM via separate download. OTA links are still easy to find.
    08-24-09 11:02 AM
    A fix?
    I just installed it....like I did in .282, it seems to be working fine.
    Have I missed something?
    08-24-09 11:15 AM
    Vibrate and ring option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 11:26 AM
    A fix?
    I just installed it....like I did in .282, it seems to be working fine.
    Have I missed something?
    Yes, I don't understand that question either. I had BBM 5 installed on .282, did a simple update to .292 and BBM 5 is still there, working just fine.

Vibrate and ring option?
    Ringer options for all profiles, out of holster and in holster:

None
    Tone
    Vibrate
    Vibrate + Tone
    08-24-09 11:38 AM
    Has anyone noticed when they are getting a call from someone in their address book that the caller id info isnt showing up? Strange thing is that it lists who called by name in the call log, just not while the incoming call is actually ringing.
    08-24-09 11:46 AM
    link does not work for me anyone else having the same issue?
    check the second page for the link i posted
    08-24-09 01:23 PM
    I upgraded from 282 and sadly am still finding the picture scanning just as slow. I deleted my bbthumbs.dat files as someone suggested but no improvement. There are some memory gains (about 4MB). I'm on the phone with AT&T getting my VVM set up now.
    08-24-09 01:38 PM
    I tried to get vvm set up with att and they told me that I can't get it set up till the 25th. How are people already getting it? What's the magic word?

08-24-09 02:03 PM
    Strange...because when I upgraded to 292 / 241 my BBM went back to 4.6. I think my DM may be acting funky...going to delete and reinstall it and see if that helps.
    08-24-09 02:04 PM
    I tried to get vvm set up with att and they told me that I can't get it set up till the 25th. How are people already getting it? What's the magic word?

The guy I spoke to was insisting that VVM was only for the iPhone. Finally I told him he needed to look up 'BVVM' and check with someone. He put me on hold, came back a minute later and said he found out I was right.
    08-24-09 02:08 PM
    Strange...because when I upgraded to 292 / 241 my BBM went back to 4.6. I think my DM may be acting funky...going to delete and reinstall it and see if that helps.
    I went from 282 to 292 and my BBM5 was still there after the update. Did you accidentally select BBM in the update list to get the old one?
    08-24-09 02:09 PM
    OK..fixed it...seems something didn't install properly when I upgraded from .282 to 292 this morning....Swiss Army Knifed it down to the 507...reinstalled and woila!, its fixed.

Same apps...free mem up over 52 mb now....wow....
    08-24-09 03:13 PM
    Does the phone still heat up like it's going to melt when on a 30min+ phone call with .292? I went back to .266 because I couldn't stand holding the phone after a 30min phone call using .282.
    08-24-09 03:46 PM
    Has anyone noticed when they are getting a call from someone in their address book that the caller id info isnt showing up? Strange thing is that it lists who called by name in the call log, just not while the incoming call is actually ringing.
    You have Content Protection enabled. Content protection does exactly what it sounds like it does, it protects data on your phone when you lock your phone so someone can't pick up your phone and see or hack into sensitive data. By default this includes address book information (ie contact info). So when someone calls you while the phone is locked the phone won't display who the number belongs to since access to data has been blocked. Luckily, you don't have to disable this security feature enirely in order to fix your problem. Go to "options" >> "Security Options" and under "Content Protection" for "include contacts" select "no." This will fix the issue. Just realize that whenever anyone calls it will show their contact information (name, number, and pic) if they are in your address book.

Hope this helps!

BTW content protection doesn't activate instantly when you lock your phone, hence the reason why sometimes you can see contact info from a caller, but not other times. You will see an open padlock change to a closed padlock in the notification area once content protection kicks in (at least with OS 4.6 and above).
    Last edited by ClassyBOLD; 08-24-09 at 05:09 PM.
    08-24-09 05:05 PM
    installed last night, everything went fine until i started using stereo bluetooth then the phone started over heating and battery started draining, aside of that everything seems fine. I come from .237
    08-24-09 06:06 PM
    I upgraded from .282 and everything went fine. I didn't have to reinstall bbm5.0 either. However, I'm wondering if its just me or the operating system, that when I press the "Compose SMS" icon, it brings up my contacts. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    08-24-09 07:47 PM
    You have Content Protection enabled. Content protection does exactly what it sounds like it does, it protects data on your phone when you lock your phone so someone can't pick up your phone and see or hack into sensitive data. By default this includes address book information (ie contact info). So when someone calls you while the phone is locked the phone won't display who the number belongs to since access to data has been blocked. Luckily, you don't have to disable this security feature enirely in order to fix your problem. Go to "options" >> "Security Options" and under "Content Protection" for "include contacts" select "no." This will fix the issue. Just realize that whenever anyone calls it will show their contact information (name, number, and pic) if they are in your address book.

Hope this helps!

BTW content protection doesn't activate instantly when you lock your phone, hence the reason why sometimes you can see contact info from a caller, but not other times. You will see an open padlock change to a closed padlock in the notification area once content protection kicks in (at least with OS 4.6 and above).

I actually started locking my phone after I did the .292 update!! I just didnt put 2 and 2 together

Thanks for the help!!!
    08-24-09 10:10 PM
    i honestly think no matter what OS comes out we will never be satisfied
    08-24-09 10:17 PM
    I am not getting any email at all after i upgraded. I also sent out the service books as well as delete the account and made a new one. Any reason why this is happening? It was working with the gmail enhanced plug in on .282 but not .292.
    08-24-09 11:12 PM
    My BBM doesnt work at all after the upgrade, but on my other bold on 5.0 it works perfectly with the same sim card any ideas why?
    08-24-09 11:16 PM
139 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD