The full retail price on this phone that I see on verizonwireless is $509, so why is it going for 500+ on craigslist and ebay? This doesn't make sense to me since it would be cheaper to buy directly from verizon. I'm still on contract with my android and am looking forward to have more emphasis on the phone part of my smartphone but this just seems ludicrous to me. I'm hoping that the price on this phone will become more reasonable after the 2 week mark from the 25th because I really just want a phone that does what I need instead of running apps that I don't need.
    08-31-11 12:04 AM
    The reason is because most of the time Verizon won't sell you the phone if your not their customer or becoming a customer with a new contract. Also Blackberries have some of the highest resale values, so your hope for a price drop in the full retail price in just 2 weeks is not going to happen.
    08-31-11 03:27 AM
    thanks a bunch
    08-31-11 06:29 AM
    Unfortunately in the UK carphonewarehouse put their prices UP after a week from �499.95 to �549.95. Was thinking of getting one but far too pricey for the hardware
    08-31-11 06:48 AM
    500$, nice, thats a good price

the price on my carrier (O2 in germany) will be 629 euros = 908 $
    well, i dont care, i'd pay any price for this amazing phone, still waiting for it to get released tho... probably mid september, about 15-20 days...cant wait !!

just saying, 500 $ thats a really good price
    08-31-11 06:56 AM
    Wow, prices out there vary so much eh. I just bought outright the BB9930 from Vz and am waiting for delivery (today). I bought it outright ($509) and got the no contract plan. I took out the 200 minute plan ($29 for those over the age of 65), and 2gig data ($30). It is nice to know I can drop out any time without EFT.
    08-31-11 07:09 AM
    500$, nice, thats a good price

the price on my carrier (O2 in germany) will be 629 euros = 908 $
    well, i dont care, i'd pay any price for this amazing phone, still waiting for it to get released tho... probably mid september, about 15-20 days...cant wait !!

just saying, 500 $ thats a really good price
    why not get it cheap from US and FEDEX it to germany?
    08-31-11 07:37 AM
    nah, i know it'd probably be quite easy, but i never really tried this whole "unlock" thing etc
    and if theres any problem with the phone, with the hardware or so, i wanna be able to return it and get a new one

still ty tho : )
    08-31-11 07:53 AM
    Sprint is $499...and i believe you dont need an acccount to buy one...call your local store or go to one...i know someone who bought one without having an account...
    08-31-11 08:03 AM
    The reason is because most of the time Verizon won't sell you the phone if your not their customer or becoming a customer with a new contract. Also Blackberries have some of the highest resale values, so your hope for a price drop in the full retail price in just 2 weeks is not going to happen.
    But you can buy it online without no contract so there shouldn't be an issue with Verizon willing to sell it or not. Also I've always bought my phones on craigslist because I switched phones so often (damn fragmentation in android) and it always seems like price starts to drop around the 2-3 mark after launch. This was true for 9650 too when it came out. People change their minds all the time and when they can't return it anymore they put it on craigslist. I think it will still hold true for the 9930 but I have a feeling it will be around the 400$ mark at best for another 2 months before it hits maybe $300. Maybe I'll just buy straight from Verizon =\ I want this phone very soon.
    08-31-11 09:56 AM
    The full retail price on this phone that I see on verizonwireless is $509, so why is it going for 500+ on craigslist and ebay? This doesn't make sense to me since it would be cheaper to buy directly from verizon. I'm still on contract with my android and am looking forward to have more emphasis on the phone part of my smartphone but this just seems ludicrous to me. I'm hoping that the price on this phone will become more reasonable after the 2 week mark from the 25th because I really just want a phone that does what I need instead of running apps that I don't need.

Just because they are for sale for that much doesn't mean they are "going" for that much.
    08-31-11 09:58 AM
    Just because they are for sale for that much doesn't mean they are "going" for that much.
    Yes thanks for quoting me. I was just saying it makes no sense for it to be selling for more on ebay when you can hope on verizonwireless and get it for less. It's the same thing as being able to go to a reputable site like amazon to get an item for 500$ but you can got to some third party seller that you have never heard of and buy it for $600. Either people are very ill informed or... well I have no idea. It's not on backorder or anything like that.
    08-31-11 08:30 PM
    Ebay welcomes customers from around the world. This means that some people, whos carriers either don't carry or place ridiculous prices on the device, find it acceptable to pay 500$ + on ebay if not more. Ive seen 9900 go for as high as 600-700$.
    Last edited by M3Gooner; 08-31-11 at 08:40 PM.
    08-31-11 08:37 PM
    i paid full retail for my 9930 and i had it charged to my account (499). then i sold my evo 3d on ebay for 350. now my brand new bold cost less than new customer price off contract. i couldnt be happier with it either...
    08-31-11 09:17 PM
    Took my 9900 from dubai, off contract but Etisalat sim locked for 712$

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 09:59 PM
    ahh off course... didn't even think about international buyers =\ silly of me. oh well i'm starting to see sales at low $400 mark so i'll be coming back to bb soon!
    09-01-11 12:40 AM
    I bought a 9930 from sprint and I am with ATT the guy looked at me kinda strange but sold it to me for the 499.00
    09-05-11 02:45 PM
    Unfortunately in the UK carphonewarehouse put their prices UP after a week from �499.95 to �549.95. Was thinking of getting one but far too pricey for the hardware
    Also, it was at $549 cdn from rogers at launch and now went up to $599 :s
    09-05-11 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD