I had a strange episode with my Bold keyboard last night. All of sudden, the ALT key started giving me an exclamation point everytime I depressed it, and that's all it would do. That meant I couldn't get any of the other symbols you're supposed to get when pressing a key in combination with ALT (colon, semi-colon, parentheses, etc.). The only other key that would work in combination with ALT was the V key, which would still give me a question mark when pressed with ALT -- but with an exclamation point along with it (!?). This also meant I couldn't use ALT-RIGHT SHIFT-DEL to to a hard reset; when I pressed the three, nothing would happen. Finally, everytime I depressed the B key, it would bring up the dialogue to choose a foreign currency symbol. I did a battery pull a couple of time hoping that would fix things, but it had no effect. Finally, after maybe an hour of this behavior, everything suddenly started working correctly again. I've been checking periodically, and it's still working fine. It's like the keyboard just temporarily lost its mind.

Anyone ever had this happen before? Any idea of the cause?
    07-13-09 11:23 AM
    yep, similar problem happened to me with a refurbished phone they sent me. I couldnt make question marks or exclamation marks.
    If your still within your warranty just call them and tell them your getting dropped calls , screen freezes, buttons dont work. Using my 4th bold now. It works everytime.....
    07-13-09 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the reply. My Bold isn't refurbished; I bought it new just after the Bold came out last November. Never any trouble until last night. Since it's working correctly now, I guess I'll watch it for awhile longer and see if the problem recurs. If so, who did you contact? RIM or the carrier?
    07-13-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD