Hi,
    What is a decent amount of characters for a password on the BB 9700 to make it really secure. I know that in Linux they suggest at least a 13 character password.

When at home etc how can one turn password stuff off to save logging in all the time ?

Thanks heaps for your kind help as a new person to BB

Chiff.
    03-31-10 06:46 AM
    There may be no straight answer to your question.

Some tips are here: Strong Passwords | Microsoft Security

My thinking goes along with a suggestion from a different website. 7 characters. Mix of upper and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers. Position 4 or 5 is a number. Makes for some easy to remember passwords which retain strong encryption.
    03-31-10 06:53 AM
    When at home etc how can one turn password stuff off to save logging in all the time ?
    03-31-10 07:03 AM
    Hi,
    What is a decent amount of characters for a password on the BB 9700 to make it really secure. I know that in Linux they suggest at least a 13 character password.

Thanks heaps for your kind help as a new person to BB

Chiff.
    Strong passwords are great.... on a full keyboard... on a mobile device... maybe good, but is there really anything that classified on your device that it needs upper and lower case letters, and numbers and special characters, and being at least 8 characters in length??? I don't think so. And there is no easy way of switching it on and off when you are at home... every time you turn it on, you have to enter the password twice, so it can change every time, and if you make a mistake typing it both time (a shift key or alt key here or there) and your going to end up wiping your device because you don't remember the password.
    03-31-10 07:04 AM
    Thanks heaps for your kind help. I appreciate it.

Chiff
    03-31-10 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD