Hi,

I'm currently an iPhone 3g user and I'm considering making the leap to a Blackberry device (lots of reasons, not important ).

I'm currently on at&t and I'm leaning towards the 9700 because I appreciate the full keyboard on the front face.

I was wondering if now would be a good/bad time to purchase the 9700 as we all know the touchscreen-refresh of the 9700 is coming (soon?)

As opposed to the touchscreen/slider formfactor, I'm more concerned about the 9700 being compatible with OS 6.0 and if another phone of a similar formfactor is predicted to be coming soon (traditional blackberry bold, no slider, no touchscreen).

I'd really appreciate any opinions and analysis of my situation.

Thanks!
    06-15-10 02:26 AM
    Since the refreshed 9700 will have more memory, I feel as though it would on the list for the new OS 6.0
    If the current 9700 received the update for 6.0, it may be a scaled down version. If there's only one version, then it may not have as much room for app storage, or it might not receive the update at all.
    06-15-10 02:31 AM
    I would at least wait to see if the upgraded memory version of the 9700 comes through. The slider looks nice too, but the 9700 with more RAM should get here sooner, assuming that it will really happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 03:34 AM
    Oh, so there will be a 9700 refresh that does not include the slider?
    I'm not so up to date on BB news or leaks as I am with the rest of the mobile market >.<
    06-15-10 08:35 PM
    I wonder what kind of drop in price would the current 9700 have if the 9700a does in fact come out.
    06-15-10 10:35 PM
    Oh, so there will be a 9700 refresh that does not include the slider?
    I'm not so up to date on BB news or leaks as I am with the rest of the mobile market >.<
    The Slider is the 9800 (I believe)
    The Clamshell is the 9580 (I believe)
    The 9700a in an upgraded 9700.
    06-16-10 01:01 PM
    There are only 2 good times to buy any elctronic devices.

If your current one is broken, then the best time is now.

Otherwise, the best time is always next week.
    06-16-10 01:13 PM

QFT. I would wait for OS 6 and see if it's even worthwhile. You can set up encrypted e-mail through ActiveSync on the iPhone just fine.
    06-16-10 01:40 PM

Canuck I try and not post useless posts but couldn't resist saying I like that!
    06-16-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD