I just got my blackberry yesterday so you can consider me a n00b, but my question is as follows,

facebook, SMS, and email have that small icon notification on the home screen which is something i really like. However Palringo, or my google mail app does not. How do i enable these small icons on the top, as well as on the home screen.

thanks
    07-29-09 09:41 PM
    Highlight palringo etc, press menu and choose move or move to folder. Use your trackball to move palringo etc wherever you want it to be (theme dependent).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:57 PM
    Highlight palringo etc, press menu and choose move or move to folder. Use your trackball to move palringo etc wherever you want it to be (theme dependent).

This is not going to get a notification icon on the top of the screen like the new message, new voicemail, etc. icons which the OP is asking about.

I'm not sure about palringo but I know the gmail app does not have a notification icon. The app icon will change when you have a message so I just keep that as 1 of the icons on my homescreen so I can see when I have new messages.
    07-30-09 12:06 AM
    RIM developed apps will be able to place notification icons at the top the screen but non RIM developed apps can't

The non RIM developed apps can only notify you by a change in their icons and/or a sound.

07-30-09 10:30 AM
    MyAlarm puts icons up in the alert area too so its not blocked out my third party developers.

Google just needs to develop the notification system.
    07-30-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD