If I purge the SIM of all items, does anyone know how long the recorder on the system will run before space runs out?
    07-25-11 09:44 AM
    If I purge the SIM of all items, does anyone know how long the recorder on the system will run before space runs out?
    Wait. Are you asking about the memory card you have installed in your phone? The SIM is something different. It depends how big the storage card is, so no one can answer that for you right now.
    07-25-11 09:47 AM
    Well I am looking in general. Does it base on the SIM or on the internal memory?
    07-25-11 09:58 AM
    Well I am looking in general. Does it base on the SIM or on the internal memory?
    Neither. It bases it on the media card. If you have your phone set to save media files (ringtones, pics, vids and voice notes on the media card and NOT the device), the length of the voice recorder will be based on the size of the media storage card: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16, 32.
    As for the files size of a voice recording, you may have to do a search here.

Here: I did a search from BlackBerry's site:
    Voice note recording using a media card

Voice notes that are recorded to a media card are limited to a maximum of 60 minutes. Upon reaching 60 minutes, the the Voice Notes application saves the file and automatically starts recording another voice note.

Voice note recording using internal media memory

Voice notes that are recorded to a BlackBerry® smartphone with internal media memory are limited to a maximum of 5 minutes. Upon reaching the maximum time limit for recording, the Voice Notes application stops recording and does not start recording a new voice note.

Voice note recording using on-board device memory

Voice notes that are recorded to a BlackBerry smartphone with only on-board memory are limited to a maximum of 90 seconds. Upon reaching the maximum time limit for recording, the Voice Notes application stops recording and does not start recording a new voice note.

So on device 90 sec.
    On card 60 mins but it starts a new one when it reaches that limit.
    Internal memory 5 mins

So as to how much fits on your card, it all depends on the size of the card. Which I mentioned in my first post. lol
    andhanni likes this.
    07-25-11 10:17 AM
    Thanks that helped me
    07-25-11 10:21 AM
    I tried using my BB for recording meetings, but it didn't work well for what I needed. I spent $50 on an Olympus digital voice recorder and it is one of the best purchases I have ever made.....
    07-25-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD