have had the bold for almost 2 weeks now and someone splashed me with water, my curve would have taken it and been fine. i know this because its happened a few times.

happened to me this afternoon and the bold now flickers on the screen. the wetness sticker didnt trigger on the phone but it triggered on the battery.

i think i will call and hope they just send me a new one, lol
    05-30-10 05:39 PM
    if you got insurance, just make an insurance claim since the phone got wet and now doesnt work right
    05-30-10 05:48 PM
    but if i have insurance i still have to pay the 100 bux.

since it is within 30 days they are going to swap it out for me.
    i just got off the phone with them
    05-30-10 06:55 PM
    OMG that freakin sucks!!!
    05-30-10 10:50 PM
    If you are charged insurance money to replace your Bold, you should make the person who splashed water on it pay.
    05-30-10 10:52 PM
    If you are charged insurance money to replace your Bold, you should make the person who splashed water on it pay.
    i concur lol
    05-30-10 10:55 PM
    i know. she is 11, lol

im talking with the founder of thecellularguru.com for a commuter case for it for when i get the new one.

if i had a case on it it would have probably saved it.

cmon melissa you should have shipped me your 360 case, lol
    05-30-10 10:59 PM
    i know. she is 11, lol

im talking with the founder of thecellularguru.com for a commuter case for it for when i get the new one.

if i had a case on it it would have probably saved it.

cmon melissa you should have shipped me your 360 case, lol
    Well, at least it is not as bad since your kid splashed water on it, not your jackass friend.

I hope you will be able to get it replaced without spending too much money.
    05-30-10 11:01 PM
    yeah if it was an adult or friend i would throw theirs in a pool.

at the most it would cost me 100 bux through insurance.

i am just hoping my battery swap will fool them enough and they dont hear the electronic buzzing noises going crazy when the phone boots up, lol

luckly they are not a repair center so they wont tear the phone apard to further inspect it (i hope) lol
    05-30-10 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD